super chase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• super chase

hadnt paid much attention to these as I never thought I,d see any, so how many are there and how much rarer are there than chase?
    thanks
    boogity

Originally posted by boogity View Post
    hadnt paid much attention to these as I never thought I,d see any, so how many are there and how much rarer are there than chase?
    thanks
    boogity
    There are apparently 4,000 of them. Smyths have sourced them from a general stock that Mattel Europe have supplied to them. I guess they were 'surplus to requirements' from the US. Apart from the Super Chase, if they had appeared without him, we'd be slating Mattel and Smyths for dumping old stock in our laps!

To Mattel, one case is just a case. Being an old one, Smyths have probably got them for a good price? One Super Chase and 23 peg warmers!

Comment

Great finds, boogity... I'll add more later...thank you for your detailed comments, niftynigel

The 2012 series featured 5 Super Chase Cars that appeared in certain countries: Flash (Sweden), Long Ge (China), Frosty (Australia), Vitaly Petrov (Russia), and Memo Rojas Jr (Mexico)

Here are cardbacks:

The Russian Racer says limited to 2000 pieces on the back; the other 4 say limited to 4000 pieces.

Here are the 5 from 2012 opened and in Hobby Lobby single display cases:

The 2013 series featured 3 Super Chase Cars from the Game Show: Yukio, Hiroaki, and Takeshi:

You can read more about the 2013 Super Chase Cars in the article at: http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...per-Chase-2013

I've yet to open a Super Chase Yukio but will one of these days:

Here are the 4 from the 2014 Mattel years: Trike Feldman, Guido and Luigi 95 Race Fans, Carateka, and Ciao Francesco Bernoulli:

Of the 2014 Super Chase Cars, I've only opened a Trike Feldman... I do have 2 each of the other 3 and anticipate opening one of each one day.

In general, other than 2012 Super Case P and the case containing Frosty (available only in Australia), case assortments containing a Super Chase tended to be fairly poor case assortments containing way too many peg-warming non-selling Cars... most cases never showed up at retailers but were available to purchase through online retailers.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

come on Chris you have to open your super chases lol

Comment

I have Takeshi on display (Still carded), which I bought on amazon, other than that, I've never come across Super Chase in the wild, nor any Chase but I think they're super cool, like the game show Cars are all awesome, as well as Trike.

Comment

I have opened Yukio, Takeshi, Hiroaki, Flash, and that's it. I have a Trike, Long Ge, And Memo for opening, but my son so quickly abused and chipped the others I thought I'd wait till he's a little older. We have also opened silver Frosty, Neon Frosty and Ice Racer Vitaly though.

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
              Great finds, boogity... I'll add more later...thank you for your detailed comments, niftynigel

The 2012 series featured 5 Super Chase Cars that appeared in certain countries: Flash (Sweden), Long Ge (China), Frosty (Australia), Vitaly Petrov (Russia), and Memo Rojas Jr (Mexico)

Here are cardbacks:

The Russian Racer says limited to 2000 pieces on the back; the other 4 say limited to 4000 pieces.

Here are the 5 from 2012 opened and in Hobby Lobby single display cases:

The 2013 series featured 3 Super Chase Cars from the Game Show: Yukio, Hiroaki, and Takeshi:

You can read more about the 2013 Super Chase Cars in the article at: http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...per-Chase-2013

I've yet to open a Super Chase Yukio but will one of these days:

Here are the 4 from the 2014 Mattel years: Trike Feldman, Guido and Luigi 95 Race Fans, Carateka, and Ciao Francesco Bernoulli:

Of the 2014 Super Chase Cars, I've only opened a Trike Feldman... I do have 2 each of the other 3 and anticipate opening one of each one day.

In general, other than 2012 Super Case P and the case containing Frosty (available only in Australia), case assortments containing a Super Chase tended to be fairly poor case assortments containing way too many peg-warming non-selling Cars... most cases never showed up at retailers but were available to purchase through online retailers.
              Chris, you forgot the sixth Super Chase from 2012 ...

The Mattel UK Super Chase, AWOL!

AWOL = Absent without leave!

The last special edition we had in the UK was the way overpriced Special Edition Finn McMissile, exclusive to TRU. Remember the one in the 'designed by a three year old' packaging!?

If Mattel UK are reading this, it would be great for the UK to contribute a genuine Super Chase or other rarity to the Cars collecting community.

The UK is the home of the Grand Prix, most of the top teams are based here, so why not celebrate that with a Car! Not a Finn McMissile Mk.11 though!

Comment

chris, is there anything you havnt got? nice pics

Comment

Originally posted by Nitroade View Post
                  I have Takeshi on display (Still carded), which I bought on amazon, other than that, I've never come across Super Chase in the wild, nor any Chase but I think they're super cool, like the game show Cars are all awesome, as well as Trike.
                  A year ago, I found Hiroaki and Takeshi at the Walmart in Peru, Illiniois-best Walmart ever. lol
                  Youtube Channel RCcars5 | Google Plus Community Disney Cars & Planes Community

Comment

Originally posted by RCcars5 View Post
                    A year ago, I found Hiroaki and Takeshi at the Walmart in Peru, Illiniois-best Walmart ever. lol
                    Wow, that's a drive.
                    I probably would have ran to the register. That's amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
                      chris, is there anything you havnt got? nice pics
                      Glad to help out with pictures.

There are a few things that I don't have...

A 2006 Factory Set... while I could buy one I'm not going to spend $1500 to $2000 for it.
                      A Chase Snot Rod with Confetti - all but a few dozen came without confetti on the blister.
                      Super 6 set - I think I have a friend who got an extra one for me but I don't have it yet.

I don't have several carded Supercharged singles and boxed sets nor will I have them... I don't have every single released on international cardback... I don't have every World of Cars single carded... nor every Race O Rama series Car... while I had one of each lenticular single, I sold off all but about 12 non-Chase ones a couple of years ago.

I currently don't have the new Target 7 pack with Lewis Hamilton's crew chief Bruce - I've seen it in multiple Target stores but am so far not spending $30 plus tax for the one new Car... I am thinking about buying one and sending the other 6 Cars to a youngster that I help out with Cars from time to time - I know he doesn't have Denise Beam or Frank Clutchenson - he had open heart surgery back towards the end of 2014 and I know he could use something to pick him up.

Nigel - I forgot about AWOL... we've had the same one at the end of the 2013 and 2014 series as well as the start of 2015... And while you said the TRU edition Finn McMissile with metallic finish was over-priced, it was less expensive than the ones I got with the D23 Submarine Finn McMissile (same Car, fancy package) or the Walmart Cars2 Blu-ray gift pack.

And don't forget that the UK did get the Faux Wheel Drive promo Car.

But having said all that, I realize that you in the UK as well as other countries have not seen some of the Cars that we take for granted as pegwarmers... We all know that Mattel distribution and case assortments leave a lot to be desired.

And I've seen the same number of Super Chase Cars in stores as boogity... I saw 1 Long Ge at 1 Big Lots one time... I have gotten the rest from online retailers such as Get Me Collectibles, friends who found them in stores, eBay purchases, and a few in trades.

Nigel's comment about the old stock coming into Smyth's - without the Super Chase in the case, a lot of the Cars in that case are pegwarmers - people would be very critical of that case if it didn't have the Super Chase.

I've said many times, collecting Cars is a group effort, often a world-wide effort... if you only buy what you find in your local stores you are going to have many Cars missing from your collection.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
                      X