El Materdor custom?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El Materdor custom?

I was wondering, has anyone ever tried to make an el materdor custom from a "brand new mater" or maybe a different donor?

It's something I'd like to have a go at but I'm wondering if anyone has ever 3d scanned and reproduced the headpiece (or made one via another means) or made decals for the body and or wheel caps?

If not, would anyone who owns a genuine unboxed 1:55 model be prepared to take some high resolution photos for me?

My primary goal is to make something that my son can play with as he is desperate for an el materdor and I don't think I will ever be able to obtain one (unless mattell re-release in 2016?)

If anyone has any ideas or thoughts to share on this idea, please let me know!

Plastic play-set version maybe..?

Nevermind, I just checked Ebay prices on them.
    Man I should have bought more of those when ShopMattel had them on clearance.

But in short, no I've not seen a custom or any resources for making one.

Comment

Thanks for your reply gotfrank. Can anyone with a genuine unboxed 1:55 elmaterdor help out with some high res photos so that I can try and make some water slide decals?

Comment

Originally posted by BirchTiger View Post
        Thanks for your reply gotfrank. Can anyone with a genuine unboxed 1:55 elmaterdor help out with some high res photos so that I can try and make some water slide decals?
        Here are the pictures I have made from mine, hope it helps:

Comment

Thanks David, is this the diecast or plastic version?

Comment

It's the diecast version of course
            The plastic version looks like this :
            The stickers are highly visible and the plastic version is less detailed.

Comment

Thanks David. I've looked at so many pictures online, the disney store version also has more detail on the wheel covers which I thought were also present on the 1:55 diecast. Can you tell if the wheel arch covers are part of the body mould or are they extra parts that are somehow clamped on?

Comment

Working...
              X