Respect the Classics: Planes Vitaminamulch Gift Pack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respect the Classics: Planes Vitaminamulch Gift Pack

A common theme we've talked about on PixarCarsDiecast.com is good boxed sets and not so good boxed sets... It doesn't matter if it's Cars or Planes... a 3 pack with 0 new and 3 pegwarmers is not going to sell very well... a 3 pack with 1 new and 2 pegwarmers sells a little better... a 3 pack with 2 new and 1 pegwarmer sells even better... and a 3 pack with 3 new just doesn't happen very often.

Planes Fire and Rescue toys went on sale in May 2014... once again, case assortments and distribution left a lot to be desired... way too many of the first singles, Deluxe, and boxed sets... Walmart got some only at Walmart 3 packs... The first one, Secret Hanger Meeting, included 3 items that were also available as singles... almost every Walmart got in 3 cases of 6... and sold very, very few of them... the second 3 pack, Leave the Lodge, featured 2 new items - Cad Spinner and Ol Jammer - and a pegwarmer in Maru... Walmart didn't sell very many of this boxed set because many stores didn't receive this boxed set because they still had way too many of the Secret Hanger Meeting... between the west coast dock strike and getting stuck with too many of the first boxed sets, Walmart didn't sell nearly as many of these Only at Walmart store exclusives as they'd expected... it appears that they canceled their order for the 3rd boxed set... a Planes 3 pack entitled Vitaminamulch Gift Pack that included 3 new vehicles... Airdevil Jones Dusty, Air Spectacular Chug, and Sparky with Fireworks.

In this installment of Respect the Classics, we'll take a look at the Vitaminamulch Gift Pack.

I first saw this 3 pack on eBay about a week ago... 4 different sellers... all based in California... I could see the Only at Walmart sticker had been covered by a white sticker... I found one for $16.95 with free shipping from a seller with 100% feedback and bought it now... it arrived in the mail today... the white sticker reminded me of the former Toys R US exclusive Finish Line Frenzy game with the McQueen with gold flames that appeared at TJ Maxx and Marshalls a few years ago - the $19.99 TRU item sold for $9.99 at TJ Maxx... I've checked TJ Maxx a few times since then, but they don't have this boxed set... In the meantime we learned that Mattel Outlet Stores had received this set... since there are very few Mattel Outlet Stores in the US our chances of getting it were not good... I kept checking online at Amazon.com and Shop.mattel.com hoping to see it listed for sale, but it wasn't there... and then one of our PCD Facebook members offered to help... GOMATERGO, Scavenger, Ferris, and I were able to order 10 to help out 10 people - Pablo came through - our package is on the way... but I digress.

Here's the back of the box:

Here's the UPC - you can also see the factory code: 2934EAA

The box was made the 293rd day of 2014 at the EAA factory.

I decided to open this set... here are pictures:

Sparky with Dynamite:
    In the box:

On the insert out of the outer box:

Out of the box:

Airdevil Jones Dusty:
    In the box:

On the insert out of the outer box:

Out of the box:

Airedevil Jones Dusty is definitely a colorful Plane.

Air Spectacular Chug looks great! Not much else I can say.

Out of the outer box but on the insert:

Out of the box:

What a colorful Chug... next to the custom PCD Chug made for me by Scavenger, this is my favorite Chug.

Here they are out of the box:

Had this been the first Only at Walmart boxed set, it would have been a big seller... as it turned out though, we may have to scramble to find it... I hope that it will turn up online at Shop.Mattel.com or Amazon... or perhaps an overstock store such as TJ Maxx or Big Lots will get it... but we'll have to see.

Notice the box art work - this was produced to be part of the Mattel 2015 Planes year... there's no mention of Planes Fire and Rescue on the box.

And while a new Planes 3 movie was supposed to come out during the summer of 2015, I haven't seen any mention of it lately.

So is the Vitaminamulch Gift Pack a classic? With 3 brand new characters that hadn't been released yet, I'd say so.

Thanks for reading... As always, I appreciate your comments.

Chris

PS - I am aware that I mistyped the name of the gift pack when I created the new Photobucket album... it happens.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Great article! I received my pack today, as well. Surprisingly, mine didn't have the Walmart sticker covered even though the Ebay listing picture did.
    Youtube Channel RCcars5 | Google Plus Community Disney Cars & Planes Community

Comment

I'm really looking forward to getting this. Finally a 3 pack with 3 new diecasts. Then they cancel it.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
      http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Great article! Can't wait to get this set.
        Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Yep, another one I'm gonna have to try to get.
          May the Fortune of the Hunt Be With You Jeff/PixarCarsDiecast.com

Comment

Working...
          X