Respect the Classics: Chug

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respect the Classics: Chug

One of my favorite characters in Planes and Planes Fire and Rescue is Chug... while he is just a fuel truck, I like him... Maybe it's because I remember the fuel trucks coming to my grandfather's Gulf gas station in Stone, Kentucky... I don't know... Chug did provide some comic relief moments in the 2 Planes movies and the Vitaminamin Gulch short included with Planes Fire and Rescue on the Blu-ray.

Chug has been included in several boxed sets and been a single in the original Planes series, the Planes Fire and Rescue series, and even the newest Planes 2015 cardback series... but were you aware that Chug is a variant? There's a dirty Chug and a clean chug... here are pictures illustrating:

Fire and Rescue: Dirty Chug... in the above photo, note the brown above the front wheel well:

And on the headlights and front fender:

Here's a clean Chug - note the lack of brown (dirt) on the front:

and on the side (above the front wheel well):

Cardback: Disney World of Cars:

Cardback: Above the World of Cars:

My Kroger bargain Chug - I will be opening this one:

Clean Chug (Left) and Dirty Chug (Right):

Clean Chug (Top) and Dirty Chug (Bottom):

There's also a dirty Chug on the same Planes cardbacks as the 2 clean Chug, but I didn't buy any of those and don't think I have pictures.

Scavenger has made several custom Chug into various Piston Cup Racer fuel trucks... while I don't have any of them yet, he did make this great custom for me - this is my favorite Chug:

It's funny how 2 to 3 weeks ago Scavenger and I were talking and I realized I didn't have any Chugs... so on Memorial Day I made a trip to Dayton (Ohio)... I found a Chug at the second Walmart store I stopped at and bought it... I then found one for $2.50 at a Kroger Marketplace store and bought it... I saw Chug in The Cornfest is Coming 4 pack at Target, and I think in a TRU boxed set... no sign of Chug singles at any of the next 8 stores I stopped at... I was hoping I could find a clean Chug... but no luck... until I stopped at my 6th and last Walmart store... one that I hadn't been to in a couple of years... and as you saw in the above photos, I found Clean Chug on 2 different Planes cardbacks.

I also have the new Chug in the Vitaminamin Mulch 3 pack that was canceled by Walmart:

I'm sure I'll pick up Chug on the 2015 cardback once I find one that's in good condition as far as the cardback is concerned... as far as the other box sets, they'll have to go substantially on clearance before I purchase.

I now feel like chugging an A&W Cream Soda... thanks, Chug!

Thanks for reading... as always, I appreciate your comments...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Great article!
    Youtube Channel RCcars5 | Google Plus Community Disney Cars & Planes Community

Comment

On point as usual. Thanks
      May the Fortune of the Hunt Be With You Jeff/PixarCarsDiecast.com

Comment

good article again chris, but boy do I hate chug, every time I hear him I want to punch his lights out, he must be the most annoying character in planes, how dusty and the rest of the gang put up with his antics is beyond me, I think he is worse in fire and rescue than he was in planes
        however as a model he is pretty good and I look forward to finding him in his vitaminamulch get up!!

Comment

Working...
        X