Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattels Superb Quality Control

this apparently slipped by inspector number 124

I opened it because the card was quite bad and the damage was not real visible

Sorry to see that, carslover... I ordered 6 of the Scott Motorse last Saturday while in IKEA near Cincinnati... they arrived a couple of days ago... in addition to Amazon doing a very poor job of packaging them (they combined those with 6 Mater with Sign in 1 box), at least 2 of them have serious paint flaws.

I understand that not every item is going to arrive in mint condition... I've seen how items get packaged into factory sealed cases... but Mattel needs to do a better job checking items before sending them to be packaged.

Long time collectors may remember the paint damage from the Sputter Stop with rubber tires that was part of a Kmart Cars collector event... or problems with glue going back to the old World of Cars vertical style 3 packs that resulted in the cancellation of the 3 packs case with Team Spare Mint.

I also wonder if packaging a Car with a name tag that doesn't match the Car or the cardback is deliberate... but the bottom line is if the people taking them from the factory production line don't care about quality, it's not going to be rejected before it gets packaged and distributed.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

that does suck cac
      and most of the amazon packages do arrive with plenty of card damage
      I've had a few packed well but most are just thrown or crammed in the box
      I figure some of the wrong names are deliberate
      and all the damaged on card cars could be the result of quotas set by mattel where the workers are shipping everything they have

Comment

I have seen a few Brian Fuel with paint issues ... oh, man ... I remember those Sputter Stops and they were TERRIBLE.

Comment

My personal favorite was the first run of the Dinoco & hTB pittys I bought. They looked dryer-fresh(ly) chipped. Had to touch-up at least 4 out of 6.

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
            My personal favorite was the first run of the Dinoco & hTB pittys I bought. They looked dryer-fresh(ly) chipped. Had to touch-up at least 4 out of 6.
            I remember those 4 packs

several of those I bought were errors with 2 of the same pitty in them

Comment

All I'm gonna say is I've been going to car shows for over 40 years I can find a paint flaw on just about every Hot Rod or Car Craft cover car I've ever seen.....I would expect no more on a $5 toy.

Comment

It's horrible. The Chinese comrades often permit such a marriage. But in the case of a single it is fixable. But when you buy a large collection of rare and there is a marriage - it's just shock.

I will share here my "purchase".

By all indications, the original model. But such a marriage on a model - this is very sad.

Comment

That had to be a quality control reject. There's no way that made it into a Speedway of the South set IMO.
                  What's the number "7" on the production code look like?

Also I don't think "marriage" is the word you were aiming for. Damage or flaw perhaps..?

Comment

Mixture, right? I think they are saying some are legit and others aren't.

Comment

Sapfir is from Russia... and I believe he is confirming that some are legit and some are not.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

This car from МSOTS. Moreover, all models in their bags, not on the display. The number "7" as the original version. Given that the box has been unpacked, there is a possibility, of course, that iCar replaced. But what reason to do the custom based on the original diecast? I think that either this defect Mattel or manually restored iCar after heavy damage. In any case, investments in MSOTS wasted. Without iCars MSOTS not expensive.

Last edited by Sapfir; 06-27-2015, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Wow that sucks!
                          Everything on that Apple looks right (legitimate) to me.

I talked to an owner of a MSotS set recently. And they told me that the paint of a Car in their set had become crackled. Similar to what those silver decal\tampos look like. They said they had examined all the Cars in the set when they got it. And over the years the basecoat of paint had cracked up. Scary stuff! I might need to start inspecting my old Cars to see if any of the paint on mine are failing.

Comment

Working...
                          X