No announcement yet.

Bumper Save's Collection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday was the "fall holiday" from school, so I went home for the 3-day weekend and took care of opening the Cars which I had found up by school or had shipped home while I was away.

DJ with Green Decals, Benny Brakedrum, SUPER CHASE Carateka, Miles with Microphone, Gearett Taylor (camouflaged with black shelf), SUPER CHASE Circus Van, Jumpstart J. Ward, Silver Frosty, Ice Racers Rip and Carla.

Albert Hinkey is currently on the way from a friend of a friend that was at the convention in California and was able to pick one up for me.

This makes the total 750 Cars! (And 7 error Cars, 2 miscellaneous vehicles)

Comment

Awesome additions, Bumper Save! Congratulations!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

As you can see there is one really exciting Car in this update - Dark Purple Color Variant Flat Eyes Plastic Tires Transberry Juice! Just kidding, its Albert Hinkey "Big Al." I got really lucky on this one. I told a friend of mine who is a casual collector and helps me get Cars when they arrive in her area before my area about Albert Hinkey just as a "oh check this out" and she mentioned a friend of hers was actually at the D23 show, and that friend was able to get me one at cost! My mom found Nat McLugnut and Michael Honksel at the local Walmart, and I found Bucky Brakedust at the same store at another time. That McQueen is the two-piece mouth variant that I got on ebay.

This makes the total 756 Cars! (And 7 error Cars, 2 miscellaneous vehicles)

Comment

Here is a big update for you all!

New additions: pink variant Shifty Drug, unibody Lightning Storm McQueen, Scott Spark, Mike Fuse, Brett Warnewagen, Super Chase Circus Cab, Australian exclusive Ice Racer Frosty, Carbon Racers Rip Clutchgoneski, Raoul ÇaRoule, Lewis Hamilton, Lightning McQueen, Nigel Gearlsey, Max Schnell and Miguel Camino:

A great Christmas gift from a friend: Super Chase Circus GT and Circus Forklift:

And I got another set of Nat McLugnut and Michael Honksel and switched the forks to make Airport Pittys 3 and 4. Originals on left, new ones on the right:

Over my winter break from college I had time to organize and dust my Cars display, as well as add and subtract some shelves to maximize the use of the space I have. I didn't like the shelves hanging on the wall (besides the display case) and always worried about Cars falling. I like it much better now!

Full collection:

Display case with Super Chases, park exclusives, Rubber Tire Racers and other rare pieces

Haulers up above the Cars 1 shelf:

Cars 1 McQueens, Townies, Tuners, and Storytellers

Travelers, Pixar movie cars, TV personalities, and down below are the Dinoco cars and race fans. Sorry about cutting off the back row of the one shelf here, I did not realize that happened when I was taking the pics. Doug RM, Larry Camper and Elvis RV are back there as well as the Showgirls I think

Piston Cup officials and media personnel:

Poor Man's Motor Speedway of the South on top - those are plastic tire racers with raised eyebrows. Shelf below is plastic tire WGP racers and variants, plastic tire and flat eye Piston Cup racers, Semis, and McQueen's team.

WGP variant series on top, France, spies and lemons down below:

Cars 2 crew chiefs and Rubber Tire WGP racer display, plus Target Metallic McQueen and the silver Collect and Connect puzzle exclusives:

Cars 2 McQueens, Maters and Townies, and Mel Dorado Show:

Japan and Announcers:

Italy and UK:

Air Mater, Moon Mater, UFM:

Rescue Squad Mater and Radiator Springs 500 1/2:

Tokyo Mater and Heavy Metal Mater, with room for the Protect and Serve 3-pack a friend in upstate NY found me but I have not yet received from him:

Mater the Greater, El Materdor and Monster Truck Mater:

I didn't have time to do a re-count with the whole display, but adding the new Cars at the beginning of this post and subtracting one (I found out I had two of the same Burnt Lightning McQueen, ironically both the rarer multipack variant and not one single variant and one multipack like I thought), This makes the total 773 Cars! (And 7 error Cars, 2 miscellaneous vehicles)

Comment

Here are my latest additions:

Far left is a Tokyo Bathroom Mater from the SDCC set. I found it loose on eBay for a good price, so now I have one in the container with the lights and sounds "as it should be" and another on the shelf as a rolling diecast. I had to sand down a post on the bottom where it screwed into the playset to make it so that it rolls, I did not like how the front wheels were jacked up in the air by that post underneath.

I also got the new 2016 Transforming McQueen, Haiki, plastic tires flat eyes Re-Volting, Otto Bonn, Brian Gearlooski, and the Chick Hick Hauler rerelease. Front and center are the Protect and Serve Toons and the first wave of the Carnival Racers on the right.

This makes the total 789 Cars! (And 7 error Cars, 2 miscellaneous vehicles)

Comment

Here is my latest end-of-summer update:

Jerome Ramped, Stefan Gremsky, Shiny Wax, Tank Coat, Vitoline and Nitroade variants, Eric Roadales, Studs McGirdle, Impound Wingo, Mater with Balloon

Holley Shiftwell with Electroshock Device, Justin Partson, Jesse Haullander, Michael Sparkber, Sedanya Oskanian, Dan Sclarkenberg, Kim Carllins, Brake Boyd, Artist Ramone, Otis

and long awaited (no pun intended) Super Chase Long Ge.

This makes the total*810 Cars!*(And 7 error Cars, 2 miscellaneous vehicles)

Comment

nice one mate, keep er lit!

Comment

Here's my latest update with finds from the last couple of months including ones I found yesterday:

2017 Coriander Widetrack variant, One Eye Mater, Flat Eyes variants of Octane Gain, Lil Torquey Pistons, Retread, and Mood Springs, Finn McMissile with Breather, SUPER CHASE Circus Pickup, Flat Eyes variant of Tar McQueen (from the RSC pack with Guido), Green Ramone with Paint Gun, Guido with Rollers and Buckets, Alex Machino, Bob Pulley, Japeth, Andy Vaporlock, Wilmar Flattz, Darla Vanderson and Brad Winmiler.

Wilmar Flattz, finally released with fixed eyes, replaces my custom flat-eye Wilmar, so I've removed that from the total along with my custom Hi-Lo Ramone because I really haven't ever liked the way that one came out so I took it off display. And I got rid of the "errors" that were actually just two cars floating around in the bubble, those were a waste of money and wall space

This makes the total*826 Cars!*(And 5*error Cars, 2 miscellaneous vehicles)

I'm not sure how I feel about Cars 3 so far based on trailers and the diecast previews I've seen. It's looking towards a no from me right now, but check back later once the movie comes out!

Comment

Thank you photobucket for taking down all of my pictures.

I intend to reorganize my room to allow for more shelving to house Cars 3 anyway. Going to be a huge project, not sure when it will get done....if ever....going to post new pics after

Comment

Below is everything I've added since my last pictures (that Photobucket took down) - including everything Cars 3 I have. It's a total of 67 new cars, so I don't think I need to name all of them for you - I've added some more shelves to my Cars display but didn't get a chance to reorganize everything and dust the collection before I went back to college. Planning on doing that over the winter break and getting some updated full-collection photos up to replace the ones that got taken down.

This makes the total 893 Cars! (And 5 error Cars, 2 miscellaneous vehicles)
                      Last edited by Bumper Save; 09-04-2017, 01:09 AM.

Comment

excellent

Comment

Great new photos, Bumper Save! Thank you for sharing.

It is a lot more challenging to post photos since Photobucket did what they did.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Geez, it has been a while. I haven't gotten nearly anything new. My drive to collect is fading and it's kind of sad but I just can't really get into what they have available right now. Not sure where to go from here regarding my collection but I'm glad that I've been a part of this community

Comment

Originally posted by Bumper Save View Post
                              Geez, it has been a while. I haven't gotten nearly anything new. My drive to collect is fading and it's kind of sad but I just can't really get into what they have available right now. Not sure where to go from here regarding my collection but I'm glad that I've been a part of this community
                              Great to hear from you, Bumper Save... I know what you mean by your drive to collect fading - it happens... and things like Photobucket turning off support for forums and now the bad news about Toys R US in both the UK and now US it's tough... I enjoy trades and buying Cars from Get Me Collectibles but I've only bought new Cars in a store twice in the last 2 months... it 's hard to maintain enthusiasm to collect.

I'm glad that you have been part of our Cars community... I've enjoyed our trades and your posts.

Comment

Working...
                              X