you know youve got.........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you know youve got.........

you know youve too many cars when you find one, get all excited, buy it and then bring it home , put it in the collection, only to find you already have it, and you cant take it back cos youve already opened it

tell me I am not the only one to do this!!!!!!

LOL
    Not personally but I know a couple that have.
    ***coughs*** Chris!

Comment

I do this often with the main characters. I'm still not 100% if i have 2015 Fillmore, I really should check.. lol.

Comment

I've done that more than a few times.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
        http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I've done that way too many times to count on my fingers and toes... welcome to the club, boogity!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I havent done it with Cars yet but have with my hotwheels a few times.
            The other one I hate, is after a day of hunting you get home & realise you didnt have a model you saw. Then spend about an hour or so trying to work out what store it was in again!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nate79NZ View Post
              I havent done it with Cars yet but have with my hotwheels a few times.
              The other one I hate, is after a day of hunting you get home & realise you didnt have a model you saw. Then spend about an hour or so trying to work out what store it was in again!!
              And I've done that as well... I thought I had it... didn't buy it... went back to the store and it wasn't there... or went back and got it... and then got home... and finally found the Car I had been looking for.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

To prevent this, I have created a tool on my database : http://bdd.worldofcars-forum.fr

Sorry, it is in french, if you feel it would be necessary, I can plan on an english version.

You can create an account, then create checklists.

I have also created an android application (not available on Play Store) that allows you to store your checklists on your smartphone.

This way, each time I go to a store, I can be sure which model I need or not.

If somebody is motivated enough, I'd like to have a little help on how to explain in english the way it works and post a tutorial in english with pictures...

Comment

Also for the same purpose:
                  https://www.hobbydb.com/

I've been told HobbyDB has an app where you photograph the Car with your phone. And it will tell you if you've added it to you collection already. But like any database that's a lot on data entry.

Comment

done that as well, its actually worse!
                    Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                    And I've done that as well... I thought I had it... didn't buy it... went back to the store and it wasn't there... or went back and got it... and then got home... and finally found the Car I had been looking for.

Comment

Just did that on Saturday actually!

Comment

I in fact did the opposite one time, thought I already had Security Guard Finn (Unibody) when I was at the store, so I didn't buy it. Came home, checked the shelf, and realized I did not have it. Went back to Target and it was not there anymore. Ended up getting it from another collector months later.

Ever since then, to prevent that problem or your problem Boogity, I've put my list of Cars needs on a Google Doc so that I can access it from the Google Docs app on my smartphone. I can also update the list on my phone if I find a car, and share the link with trading partners so they can see what I'm looking for. Example: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Comment

I have done it many times.

Comment

To prevent this from happening, I made a list on Exel and take it whenever I am in an area where I know there is a possibility for Cars! I add the new cars on with a pen whilst in the field, then add them onto the typed this later on. Also distributed copies to Mum and Dad so when they are out they can have a look too! Hope this helps!

Comment

My spreadsheet would cover a bed sheet!

Comment

Working...
                              X