Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just wondering as I'm reading the posts on Facebook about less space for cars in Walmart and TrU. Less space and no deluxe or 2 packs has been going on in Europe for some time, at least in the Netherlands. And have been looking at the same cars at toyshops for a long time, and you can tell sales ain't what they once were, so hardly any new stock.

Now besides the "intercontinantal racers" (if I'm correct on the name this serie) I haven't seen or heard anything about the 2016 cars line. Which normally would have showed some on ebay BD or T5AD news flash by now.

Not trying to create panic, but just wondering what will happen the coming year(s) till cars 3. Will Mattel continue with a single line in 2016 or will it be just another "repaint/theme" serie and some multipacks with an exclusive?

Star Wars will take up a lot of their time probably and can probably easy replace Cars for some time for Mattel. What are your thoughts and expectations towards the new Mattel Cars year? Not so much asking for Planes as I expect those to continue in 2016 on the minimal scale as it already is.

Anatomical illustrations by Jake Parker

I never try to tell the future, but... There will be repaints! Not sure if that transcontinental line of Ebay is legit yet. But knowing Mattel there will be repaints. That being said, they could fill the year with all the things they started and didn't finish. RT Apple, RT Rip, Silver Rip, 5 metallic deco WGP racers, Otto Bahn (sp? Max Schnell's chief), The Cars 1 chiefs & crews, Racer Haulers 22 missing, as many Semis as they want from the Top Down Truckstop and all the Toons. So many Toons characters that they missed. The Mia & Tia with cowboy hats from Monster Truck mater spring to mind. But they could spend a year on Toons alone. Plus there's the factory samples we've seen that never made it to production. Where's Dan Sclarkenberg, Percy Handbrakes and that big military truck from Cars 2. Heck any of the military trucks from Cars 2. Or all the Lemon body guards in black. And so on and so on. But my guess is repaints, reporters and race fans. Why because Mattel hasn't sent me an email saying, "you want a job?" the email is HughJass2112@hotmail.com BTW Please legitimate inquires only!

But there's nearly three years until Cars 3. Mattel will do something to keep the train rolling. It may not be what we want or would like. But they won't let the fire die before the next film IMO.

Comment

Really really really hoping for Otto Bahn...maybe one more really.

Comment

My guess...LMQ will spend the year to Cars 3 racing in the Transcontinental WGP, saw that the neon serie has also been classified as Transcontinental..and then why not add he Iceracers to this cup aswell.

Opening scene cars 3: Various highlights from this TWGP. LMQ after years of racing stops and marries Sally (who has become a Porsche cayennne ) and they 'build' a son. Of course the son wants to race and LMQ is confronted with a son that looks like him/behaves like him in his young years. Flashbacks will bring back some old characters. But also as LMQ is older so is the rest of the 'townies' is and Flo, Sarge and the others have found a place in a 'full service retirements garage' with nice parking lot. New cars and business arrives in RS causing problems. Of course in the end the son becomes the runner up in the final race and problems in RS are solved.

What is your idea about Cars 3? What will the story line be?

@Frank I noticed one of the missing reporters, Studs McGirdle comes as a deluxe, not as a single as you would expect, in first deluxe case for 2016..the turnover on the deluxe is probably better and matches the size of planes cards better...easy display.
        Last edited by DaFickser; 09-16-2015, 01:55 PM.

Anatomical illustrations by Jake Parker

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
          Why because Mattel hasn't sent me an email saying, "you want a job?"[/email]
          You deserve it !
          With Pit Crew Member Mack, Doug RM, Larry Camper and Albert Big Al' Hinkey, Mattel really made a good 2015 serie by a return to the source and cars from the first movie.
          There are so many characters I would like to get from this movie like more RVs, pit crew member of the Piston cup teams, the other McQueen's pittys...
          Am I the only one who wants the Final Race Chick Hicks with the big lighting C?
          The white SUV with camera that tries to film McQueen while Not Chuck is trying to work on his wheel?
          Wilmar Flatz non lenticular?
          Bertha Butterswagon?
          Syd Vanderkamper?
          Trev Diesel?

Mattel wouldn't have begun a new Precision Series if they didn't want to continue to produce Cars until next movie.
          Mattel Cars series won't die, only shops that decide to reduce our toys' shelves will! AHAHAH!!
          Attached Files

Comment

I'd like all the Cars you mentioned, David Vincent... we've learned that Bessie is coming in 2016 as is Taia Decotura...

I'd like to see more Piston Cup racer crew chiefs and pittys and haulers... The remaining Cars2 crew chiefs... fixed eye versions of previously only released as lenticular Cars... Cars from the 2009 and 2010 collector guides that have yet to be released... unreleased Cars from Toons (Private Eye Mater, etc...)

And better case assortments and distribution.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I believe it will continue on into next year the way 2015 was, with a balance of rereleases and new Cars from both movies and some stupid repaint lines. Seeing the new Deluxes which contain both repeats of commons (Mack, etc), and repeats of previously rare items (Taia, Dinoco Showgirl) and new cars (Studs McGriddle and the rumored Bud RV) - it seems exactly like this year, only thing is those cars are not on the 2015 poster, so I expect that to be the beginning of a 2016 series which is not all too different from the 2015. And that's fine by me.

Comment

Would be nice to see the Piston cup crews, chiefs and haulers completed... but won't hold my breath, for now at least.
                "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

5 new 5-packs have finally arrived!
                  Dinoco Mia & Dinoco Tia (Dinoco Dream)

Dusty Rust-eze and Rusty Rust-eze (Rust-eze Racing)

Brent Mustangburger with Headset and David Hobbscap with Headset

Okuni and Shigeko (Cruisin' Tokyo)

Lizzie and Stanley (Radiator Springs)

Comment

Originally posted by scaredgnomeo View Post
                    5 new 5-packs have finally arrived!
                    Dinoco Mia & Dinoco Tia (Dinoco Dream)

Dusty Rust-eze and Rusty Rust-eze (Rust-eze Racing)

Brent Mustangburger with Headset and David Hobbscap with Headset

Okuni and Shigeko (Cruisin' Tokyo)

Lizzie and Stanley (Radiator Springs)
                    Great find! So 2016 card backs are similar and the themes have similar names.

Comment

Those 2 packs look great! I have a feeling 2016 will be a nice year for collectors.
                      Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

I can't say that I'm super excited about the first images of 2016 2 packs... The Lizzie and Stanley 2 pack is my favorite one of the 5... Will the Dinoco Mia/Tia have a new facial expression like the 2015 versions of Mia/Tia did? And should I think about selling some of my 5 extra Dinoco Mia/Tia on World of Cars cardback?

I also hope we don't have over-saturation of early 2 packs like we did in 2015 with RPM/Chief RPM, Easy Idle/Pitty, and Sally/Crusin McQueen.

I'd like to see what's shown on the back of the cards...

Thank you for sharing the pictures, scaredgnomeo.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Yeah those look good for new collectors. But as an old timer they look like peg warmers. Considering 40% of those were released as singles this year. Maybe 50% ... Was David w\Headset a 2015 single? And the red Mia & Tia were "Super Fans" So I'm betting the Dinoco Mia & Tia are just re-releases. The eyes look the same as before on them.

Comment

David with headset was not released this year Josh but I bet I could go find a couple on last year's cardback still! I seem to remember a couple hanging somewhere around here!

I too am not excited with these but I'm sure there will be some good 2packs coming!

Comment

Can you show us the backs of the 2016 2-packs?
                              Last edited by Audifan; 09-27-2015, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X