Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beware of 3rd party Amazon sellers (November 21, 2015)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware of 3rd party Amazon sellers (November 21, 2015)

A little over a week ago, I was checking Amazon.com for Storytellers... I noticed a listing for a set of Bubba/Brand New Mater, Cousins (Buford, Cletus, and Jud), and the Showstoppers (Laverne, Rhonda, and Sheila)... the price was $13.50 with free shipping... I remember the multipacks being on clearance at Target for $4.50 each when Target dropped the product several years ago... so I placed an order:

Here's a picture showing my carded Bubba/Brand New Mater Storyteller multipack on top of the box my order came in... Can 3 Storyteller multipacks fit in that box? No.

Today I received my package... 1 Okuni single:

I've contacted the seller and the next step will be to contact Amazon... I better get a refund... and I hope others who had the same thing happen to them receive a refund as well.

There are some good 3rd party resellers on Amazon... but this is not one of them.

Happy day after birthday to me...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

I would say that one was too good to be true for sure - but I would have bought it as well. With Amazon's buyer protection, it's worth the small risk to see if there is a 0.0000001% chance you got the deal of a lifetime.

Comment

I got a RUSH R40 Live DVD for my birthday. It'll be here Monday, fulfilment by Amazon. McDonald's did forget out 10pc nuggets today. I've learned never leave the parking lot until my order is checked.

Comment

Update: I've received e-mail notification that I will be receiving a full refund for my order and that I may dispose of the item as I wish.

Again, I thought there could have been a chance that someone saw a Target clearance price tag for $4.50 on the item and without doing research, listed it for sale for that price.

Happy Birthday, GotFrank!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I sell assorted stuff on Amazon, yet I still cringe whenever I see my wife has bought something from a 3rd party seller...lol. I used to feel better if it was 3rd party, but Amazon-fulfilled, but I received a book marked incorrectly before. So their warehouse crew isn't watching these things closely, either. Like Bumper Save said though, Amazon takes care of it pretty quickly if there is a problem.

Comment

Thanks Chris! DVD came early, was on the doorstep this morning.
            Great possible last hurrah by them!

Comment

Working...
            X