Spotlight Revisited: Dumbleweed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotlight Revisited: Dumbleweed

Up now on Spotlight Revisited... a true revisit to PCD... from the UK, here's dumbleweed!

1. How long have you been collecting Cars? How long have you been a member of PCD?

Our collection was sold in its entirety a few years back for a number of reasons. I have only recently (a few weeks back) found the passion and desire to start all over again so this is well and truly a ‘revisited’. I’ve been a member of PCD since May 2011.

2. What has changed since your original "Spotlight Interview"?

Wow quite a lot. The biggest change I would suggest it that we had around 400 cars at the point of my original spotlight interview and now we have 6.

3. How has your Cars collecting changed?

The first time around we collected everything we could, mainly for my son to play with but I did have some cars I kept and displayed for myself. This time around, I am starting with the SOTS racers and LMQ variants and a few others whilst my son is collecting anything we can get our hands on for a reasonable price.

4. How does your current enthusiasm for Cars compare to before the launch of Cars2?

Cars 2 didn’t do a lot for me, so much so we didn’t buy too many of the cars within the film. Our level of enthusiasm before the Cars 2 release was high, experienced a massive dip in the middle and now we are more enthusiastic than ever although the cars appear harder to find and much more expensive!!

5. What are your most unique items in your Cars collection?

Erm, I currently have a grand total of 6 cars at the moment, none of which could be classed as unique although I do have a car (Octane Gain) that Boogity sent me as a gift which is the first car of our ‘new collection’ so that’s kinda special!

6. Assuming you could have a 2 week vacation anywhere in the world... where you like to go and what would you like to do?

Having recently started a job which involves quite a lot of interaction with colleagues in the states, I would definitely go and visit the US. I know it’s a big place and whilst I’m not quite sure where exactly I’d go, I’d try and tie my visit in with visiting a few of my friends too.

7. What is your favorite part of PCD?

The community, the effort that goes in to keep the site up to date and ‘fresh’ and also the knowledge of the members is second to none!

8. What would you like to see added to PCD?

Not something to add but I would like to use the ‘chat’ function more however I understand that with things like skype and facebook this appears to be quite old school. I remember partaking in an online auction through the chat function before which was very cool!

9. Do you regularly check out the PCD Facebook group?

Now I have managed to create an account on facebook (work restrictions), I check the facebook page multiple times a day.

10. What Cars items not in your collection would you most like to be able to add to your collection?

Back in the day I had two Bluray Mcqueens but again were sold L. This is THE car I’d like to add to our collection. Also, a Motorama Mcqueen would be nice too J

11. Which store is your favorite to shop for Cars?

It has to be Toys R Us. Prices are high but they seem to be the shop that has the largest range available.

12. How do you feel about some of the more rare Cars items being re-released?

It’s great news, I just wish that Mattel would start releasing cars that the collectors and fans of the films actually want and haven’t released yet. I’m also sure that if they released a complete SOTS set again then it would fly off the shelves. (sorry to all the people that have an original set)

13. What unreleased Cars items would you like to see released?

The rest of the pit crews! Why Mattel why have you not done this yet???

14. Approximately how many Cars do you now have in your collection?

Not approximately, I have exactly 6. I do however have a package on the way which will increase this number considerably.

15. How many custom Cars do you have in your collection?

Zero. Back in the day I had a number including numerous chromes and a Ransburg models. Maybe one day I’ll buy another custom or two.

16. What else do you collect?

My son collects Football Match Attax. Other than that I regularly pick up bumps and bruises from playing football myself so this could be seen as a collection.

17. iPhone or Android phone?

iPhone all the way although I have never used an Android phone so cannot compare.

18. Anything else?

Just a thank you to the people who make this site (and facebook page) happen, I don’t think I actually understand the amount of time and effort that goes in however I am grateful.

Also, a thank you for the ‘welcome back’ and to the people who are helping me feed my re-discovered addiction!!!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Great to have you back with us in the PCD community, dumbleweed! Great answers to the questions.

Looking forward to having you actively involved again.

If you make it to the US and to the midwest I'd love to try to meet up in person... And I'd like to see the unreleased Pit Crews as well.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Chris on Chris interview, nice!

Welcome back dumbleweed!

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
        Chris on Chris interview, nice!

Welcome back dumbleweed!
        Thanks Josh, it's great to be back! Would love to have a good catch up using the chat function soon

Comment

LOL Ah the good ol' days!

Comment

Originally posted by dumbleweed View Post
            Thanks Josh, it's great to be back! Would love to have a good catch up using the chat function soon
            While I would love to turn the PCD chat function back on, dumbleweed, it's not going to happen... it turns out that the Chat function in vBulletin is based on Flash which is extremely vulnerable to exploits... the site was hacked twice this summer - thankfully Chas was able to restore the content (twice) and identify how the hacker was getting in... it was a very stressful situation for me and our other members... some members left the site when they couldn't access it and didn't come back.

As a result, I made the decision to permanently turn off chat in the website.

Many of our members are on Facebook - we could try to create a message group... however, not all of our PCD website members are on Facebook and not all of our Facebook members are on the website... there may also be alternative chat programs available.

Comment

Skype... Get an acct. we'll all be able to group chat no prob. I'll just have to get in the habit of leaving mine on again.

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
                Skype... Get an acct. we'll all be able to group chat no prob. I'll just have to get in the habit of leaving mine on again.
                I keep forgetting I have a Skype account, GotFrank... I'll have to reset the password for it.

Comment

Working...
                X