No announcement yet.

Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2016 Finds - Part 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finally found serve and protect too, well chuffed as it was a long wait and a nice little find
    called into disney store whilst her indoors was in m and s, the ice racers set was down to 29.98 and the 1.18 mcqueen was done to 14.95, bought the latter but left the ice racers after a long debate

the best buy of the day was getting to tickets to see neil young in belfast in june, infact junes gonna be a good month cos we,re going to paris with a couple of days in disneyparis at the end!!!!

Comment

Found the Max Sacar 4-Pack at Tesco
      They also had the Bob Moter 4-Pack in the 2015/2016 package, nice at half price.

IMG_0364.jpg

DSC00227.jpg

DSC00229.jpg

DSC00226.jpg

I hope we see the Mini and BMW 2002 4-Packs this year.

There is no danger of my local Toys R Us running out of Bob Moter 4-Packs any time soon.

IMG_0367.jpg
      Last edited by rossibutton; 01-14-2016, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rossibutton View Post
        They also had the Bob Moter 4-Pack in the 2015/2016 package, nice at half price.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4476[/ATTACH]

There is no danger of my local Toys R Us running out of Bob Moter 4-Packs any time soon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4477[/ATTACH]

How much were the Max Sacar 4-Car packs? Ł10 or Ł15?

Hopefully, there will be loads of them like the Bob Moter 4-Packs?

Comment

Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
          How much were the Max Sacar 4-Car packs? Ł10 or Ł15?

Hopefully, there will be loads of them like the Bob Moter 4-Packs?

The Max Sacar 4-Pack was Ł10.

Comment

The Max Sacar 4-Pack was Ł10.
            Wow! Thanks!

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4476[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4477[/ATTACH]
              Awesome find on the Max Sacar 4 pack, rossibutton... some of us in the US may need help from UK friends to obtain that.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                Awesome find on the Max Sacar 4 pack, rossibutton... some of us in the US may need help from UK friends to obtain that.
                If that is the case i would be happy to help if i find anymore.

Comment

Thanks again to rossibutton!

I managed to get both 4-Car Packs in the first (and only) Tesco I stopped at today.

I couldn't access your photos until now, so I was quite surprised that they were in the predominantly red (2015/2016) packaging compared to the 4-Car packs at TRU which are predominantly in white (2013/2014) packaging on the front.

The Bob Moter 4-Car pack in TRU has a date stamp of 2624EAA so it was probably meant to go on sale in late 2014 at Target (US). There appear to be six in a case of these.

The Bob Moter and Max Sacar 4-Car packs at Tesco have date stamps of around 1885EAA and 1915EAA meaning they should've gone on sale in late 2015.

The TRU (UK) ones are also US style (with just the name in English on the front) and other packs to collect on the back.

The Tesco (UK) ones are the international style packs (with multi-language on the front) and no reference to other packs on the back. There appear to be 4no. Bob Moter 4-Packs and 2no. Max Sacar 4-Packs in a case! Why? Do Mattel not think we want to collect both of them? What happened to Collect Them All? There should be three of each in a case!!!

Comment

My Mum got me Grem with Camera for Ł4 at Asda today!! Great price for a deluxe!

Comment

nice one, they are 4 quid in tesco too, imagine most will have grem, ambulance, chuck and mater,great prices if ye havney got em
                      Originally posted by CarsCollector02 View Post
                      My Mum got me Grem with Camera for Ł4 at Asda today!! Great price for a deluxe!

Comment

Here are pictures of the Bob Moter 2015/2016 Package

DSC00279.jpg

DSC00280.jpg

DSC00281.jpg

I personally prefer the 2014 Package.

Comment

Great finds on the Bob Moter and Max Sacar 4 packs, niftynigel! I'm glad that you found them.

Great comparison pictures of the 2014 and 2015 Bob Moter 4 packs, rossibutton.

I'm hoping for help on the Max Sacar 4 pack.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

The 963P case (with Ponchy Wipeout's Pitty, Jay W, Brett Warnewagen and Mike Fuse) have been found at ASDA.

It's likely that Sainsburys, Tesco, Morrisons, TRU and others will get deliveries of this case over the next couple of weeks.

The 2016 singles will probably start to appear in mid/late February.

This raises a couple of questions ...

1. Will the final 2015 deluxe case find it's way to the UK? If so, where and what prices?

2. As Cars 3 is confirmed for next year, will the final Mattel (Cars 2 assortments) carry through to 2017 (they usually do in the UK) or will there be a gap before the launch of Cars 3?

Maybe Mattel (UK) can take the opportunity to clear the warehouse of the Final Lap (lenticular) stuff they've been hoarding for the past few years?

Comment

Originally posted by niftynigel View Post

Maybe Mattel (UK) can take the opportunity to clear the warehouse of the Final Lap (lenticular) stuff they've been hoarding for the past few years?
                              Interesting! What have you heard about these? I'm intrigued!

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Frosty View Post
                                Interesting! What have you heard about these? I'm intrigued!
                                Back in 2011, when Cars 2 was about to hit the cinemas, Mattel withdrew the last few cases of the Final Lap style lenticular series from sale. WH Smith (stationers / newsagents / bookshop / etc) were the last major retailer in the UK to receive a significant shipment. All orders to other retailers were cancelled although there was a significant shipment (possibly 10,000 cases) in Mattel's main warehouse and distribution in England.

We started to collect Cars in early 2012. I joined a couple of chat boards shortly after. Hearing much criticism of Mattel's case contents and distribution, I decided to contact them myself. After a slow start, I started to build up a little bit of trust with Mattel UK. They were quite happy to feed me a lot of information (some which I was requested not to circulate widely due to business confidentiality).

They did confirm that the Final Lap situation was true, without divulging how many cases they were actually holding on to. It's actually possible that if there is a huge amount as has been suggested, then without the prospect of a significant 'mark-up' retailers have not been interested in taking the stock? Also, taking into account some fits and starts, there's never been a long enough period to effectively bombard the market with these cases!

If you consider that there are typically 1,800 - 2,000 singles cases in the UK and they sell through in about three - four weeks, then 10,000 cases is now five months worth of stocks! The UK market is just not big enough to sustain all the current product lines alongside that massive amount of extra stock! There could also be other Final Lap product lines too?

If the current Cars 2 / 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 stocks are exhausted around early 2017 in the UK, it would appear to be a good opportunity to 'fill the gap' until the Cars 3 launch (June 2017?) with the Final Lap stock!

That said, it's been suggested (if not confirmed) that Mattel have lost the merchandise rights to the Cars franchise and that it's moving to Hasbro (with other Disney products). If this is the case, I would guess that Mattel and Disney would have to come to some agreement over the disposal of any remaining stocks (without undermining the launch of Cars 3)?

Comment

Working...
                                X