No announcement yet.

Recent Finds - 2016 Trades and Online Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been trying to hunt down Oliver Lightload at a sensible price for some time, finally found one in France, well used but at a decent price.

Comment

nice one, only found oliver in the wild once, its the old story , should have got him when I saw him

Comment

Never seen him in the wild before but yes, hindsight is a wonderful thing. He would have been a decent investment back then if you look at the Ł60+ price tag of buying him today! If only we could tell what's hot before it's too late to regret it. Brian Parks was a peg warmer in my local Tesco at the time, the shelves were full of him. In the end Tesco put him on clearance to get rid. And today I regret only getting one. Now Brian Parks is listed on e-bay for 3 to 4 times the r.r.p! Lego is the same as the value of that can treble if the demand is there and it's the right lego set (Batman, Star wars Simpsons etc...)

Comment

Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
          Never seen him in the wild before but yes, hindsight is a wonderful thing. He would have been a decent investment back then if you look at the Ł60+ price tag of buying him today! If only we could tell what's hot before it's too late to regret it. Brian Parks was a peg warmer in my local Tesco at the time, the shelves were full of him. In the end Tesco put him on clearance to get rid. And today I regret only getting one. Now Brian Parks is listed on e-bay for 3 to 4 times the r.r.p! Lego is the same as the value of that can treble if the demand is there and it's the right lego set (Batman, Star wars Simpsons etc...)
          nice vandance i have personally found Chet Boxkaar, Paul Valdez, and the mack hauler in the wild but I really want this one and the red battery truck can't think of his name off the top of my head

Comment

Jerry Recycled Batteries.

http://pixar.wikia.com/wiki/Jerry_Recycled_Batteries

Didn't realize he (also) was voiced by Joe Ranft... He'll be forever missed!
            A silent Red in Cars 2 made me tear up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
              Jerry Recycled Batteries.

http://pixar.wikia.com/wiki/Jerry_Recycled_Batteries

Didn't realize he (also) was voiced by Joe Ranft... He'll be forever missed!
              A silent Red in Cars 2 made me tear up a bit.
              interesting thanks for sharing gotfrank

Comment

I'd forgotten that Joe Ranft was the voice of Jerry Recycled Batteries... I knew he was the voice of Red... Think of all the people from the movie who have passed away since Cars was originally released in 2006 - Joe Ranft, George Carlin, Lynda Petty, and Paul Newman come to mind.

eBay purchases came today:

All were very well packaged, so I've got my set to remain carded... I don't have high hopes for the Amazon orders that are in transit.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Some recent online purchases... 2016 Movie Moments:

From case B:

From case C:

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I received a great package from toyfountain yesterday...

The Welcome to Radiator Springs 3 pack features Van (single during the World of Cars series) and Mini (Kmart 2 single on Race O Rama cardback)... I feel this 3 pack would have sold had it been released at TRU in the US... it's not that 3 packs and boxed sets don't sell... it's boxed sets with poor assortments (0 new Cars or no rare/hard to find Cars) don't sell... Welcome to Radiator Springs was released in Australia, the UK, and Canada.

I'm glad to have a Rip Carbon Racer single as well.

Thank you, toyfountain!

Comment

Just Arrived from Bumper Save. Thanks a million.

Comment

Those are some great Movie Moments you've added to your collection, Homercleez! Great assist from Bumper Save!

Comment

Met up with my local HW buddy this morning... I traded him a Hot Wheels Super TH for the SC Circus Pickup... and gave him cash for the 2 Aviator Mater - I haven't opened any of my Take Flight Cars yet.

Comment

Bud arrived this morning...with a bent card, but we're openers so it's not much of an issue. Surprised at how heavy he is!

Comment

Originally posted by Hondo View Post

Bud arrived this morning...with a bent card, but we're openers so it's not much of an issue. Surprised at how heavy he is!
                              Super addition, Hondo... Congratulations! Bud is definitely one heavy Car.

Comment

Well not excactly new cars but still happy to purchase my first race o rama, supercharged and world of cars series vehicles [emoji51][emoji1303]

Comment

Working...
                                X