Winter Wonderland 2016 edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Wonderland 2016 edition

One of the non-Cars threads we've featured the last several years has shown photos of winter weather... it's been a little quiet here in the US until this past weekend and winter storm Jonas... we missed out on snow in east central Indiana, but others were not so fortunate... Raginpage reported that the official snowfall in his town was 40.5 inches - that's over 3 feet of snow...here are pictures sent by Raginpage, bobbyjack, and The Real Tom:

The east coast of the US was pretty much shut down on Friday and is still in the process of being opened back up... Interstate highways were also closed in Kentucky, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and New York... all tunnels and bridges from New Jersey into New York City were closed... Washington DC was shut down... several airports closed and are still closed.

Spring will be here in less than 2 months - it can't come soon enough for me.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

and that is why I don't live up north

Comment

We didn't think we were north!!!

Comment

anywhere north of the red river is north to us lol

Comment

Yeah, my wife thinks we are north and she's from VA Beach!! Funny.

Comment

April 9, 2016... I'm thinking this could be a good day to go to a few stores and Cars shop... here's a view from my front porch - we've got 2 inches of snow on the ground this morning... Happy 3rd week of spring!

This is our second biggest snow of the season - we didn't have much this winter... the last 2 weekends I cut my grass... not today... from eastern Indiana... Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

First substantial accumulation. A.K.A "big snow".

Comment

For those of us who were born/grew up in the north and have since moved to warmer (none snow) areas, this thread brings back lovely childhood memories of snow forts, snowmen (I mean snow persons), ice skating on the pond at the park, riding my sled down the hill at the end of my street and of course no school. Oh and a White Christmas...looking out my bedroom window on Christmas Eve and watching the snow falling so peacefully & quietly.
                Last edited by Micky; 12-05-2016, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Snow! I used to like snow back when I was young... that was then, this is now.

It is pretty, GotFrank! Just as long as you don't have to shovel or drive on untreated roads.... Great memories, Micky - I'd rather be in Florida these years.

Comment

We ended up with 8 -10 inches. I remember tunneling like a gopher January of '79. Five years old and just under 27 inches in one shot. And also when we lived out on a farm. In the middle of a corn field. There would be 6 foot snow drifts. Cannon balling in to them. All bundled up like a polar explorer.

Comment

Working...
                    X