Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can It Be? Mattel is Going to Finish the Carbon Racers Series!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can It Be? Mattel is Going to Finish the Carbon Racers Series!

Posted by Met on TakeFiveADay at:

http://www.takefiveaday.com/2016/02/...fibers-coming/

UPC codes for the remaining unreleased Carbon Racers have been announced by Mattel:

Franceso Bernoulli (UPC 8-87961-21715-5)
    Shu Todoroki (8-87961-21719-3)
    Jeff Gorvette (8-87961-21717-9)
    Carla Veloso (8-87961-21721-6)

In the US we've previously seen Raoul Caroule, Max Schnell, Nigel Gearsley, Miguel Camino, Lewis Hamilton, and Lightning McQueen singles as well as Rip Clutchgoneski in a Target 4 pack... In other countries, Rip has been released as a single as well as Raoul, Max, Nigel, Miguel, Lewis, and Lightning.

When the next 4 singles are released, I'll probably pick up one of each and then open a set... I have a Rip single coming from the UK and have the 4 pack.

I still expect we'll see a Carbon Fiber Frosty as an Australia Target special Car this November.

I don't like the Carbon Racers series as much as some of the other WGP series, but it is good news that Mattel is going to finish the series.

Now if only Mattel will go back and complete the Cars2 World Grand Prix racers in the Metallic Finish (Ransburg paint) that Toys R US started and dropped.

What are your thoughts on the completion of the Carbon Racers series? Let us know.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

That's great news. I particularly like the carbon racers especially rip, I'm growing quite fond of this character actually. Would also like to see the carnival racers completed also, not that I've seen any here in oz yet.

Comment

The UPC Codes are nice to see; however, these have been confirmed for months now.

Comment

Thanks for the pictures, Fillmore1234... I've just seen too many times over the years where we've seen prototypes or listings of Cars items that were coming and then did not get released... Shiny Wax Hauler... Easy Idle and N2O Cola Team Crew Sets... and others.

The UPC codes help me believe that we are going to be seeing these new Carbon Racers... I also think we'll have the entire series of Carnival Cup Racers released... I think there were just too many of the WGP mold racers produced when Cars2 was launched.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

The Ice Racers series was completed as well, so the Neons were the only non-exclusive WGP series not finished. And those were exclusive to Target at first, right?

Comment

Originally posted by odisn View Post
            The Ice Racers series was completed as well, so the Neons were the only non-exclusive WGP series not finished. And those were exclusive to Target at first, right?
            Yes to both, odisn... Mattel completed the Ice Racers series... the Neon series has not been completed - Shu was released as a single outside of the US... in the US, Target sold them first.

Comment

Working...
            X