Impulse buy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impulse buy?

Hello everyone. So I kind of made a dumb purchase. I just was wondering if it's worth it. I paid $40. And shipping to South Korea was $18. So $58 altogether.

Dinoco

The King
    Dinoco Chich Hicks
    Dinoco crew chief truck
    3x Dinoco pitty
    2x stacked tires
    tool box

HtB

Chick Hicks
    HtB crewchief truck
    3x HtB pitty
    2x stacked tires
    tool box

Leak Less

Claude Scruggs
    Leak Less crew chief car
    3x leak less pitty
    2x stacked tires
    tool box

Octane Gain

Octane Gain crew chief
    3x Octane Gain pitty
    2x stacked tires
    tool box

Of course to me it was something I was after. But I just was wondering if it was worth the money. I've see new these are kind of expensive but they're all out of box. I saw them with like 7 minutes to go and bidded. Accidentally won. But a great addition I believe?

Dinoco, HtB, Leakless, Octane Gain.jpg

I'd say you got a good deal! The Octane Gain set is the rarer set I believe.
    Youtube Channel RCcars5 | Google Plus Community Disney Cars & Planes Community

Comment

Originally posted by RCcars5 View Post
      I'd say you got a good deal! The Octane Gain set is the rarer set I believe.
      Makes me feel a little better about it. lol. I think the coolest thing about it is all sets include the crew chief. I have the nitroade set (to go along with these new guys), hauler, 5 pitty's (even though 2 look the same), rubber tires racer, etc. Missing the crew chief. I'm going to make a display with a race trace type thing. It's one of my goals in the next year when I get back from deployment.

Comment

I think you did very well with your purchase, brownsfan1092... congratulations! Those were originally $19.99 each at Target but were discontinued several years ago... the problem was that they saturated the market with too many Leakless, HTB, and Dinoco team crew sets so some stores never got in new ones... I eventually found Octane Gain and Bumper Save in stores in limited quantities... the Target website showed N2O Cola and Easy Idle sets but they were never released.

Looking forward to seeing your display when you get back from deployment.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
          I think you did very well with your purchase, brownsfan1092... congratulations! Those were originally $19.99 each at Target but were discontinued several years ago... the problem was that they saturated the market with too many Leakless, HTB, and Dinoco team crew sets so some stores never got in new ones... I eventually found Octane Gain and Bumper Save in stores in limited quantities... the Target website showed N2O Cola and Easy Idle sets but they were never released.

Looking forward to seeing your display when you get back from deployment.
          I'm looking forward too. I found a nitroade crew chief. He was $29.99. But to me well worth it. I wish the Easy Idle set was released. He's one of my favorite race cars. I'd love to see a Dale Jr set too. Myy absolute favorite is #117 (lil torquey pistons). Would love his crew. I don't think he even has a crew chief released.

Comment

He does not...

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
              He does not...
              I figured as such. I'd love to see his crew released.

I also like the #123 No Stall car. I have his crew chief. But I don't know if he has a crew. Haven't seen one. The #82 Shiny Wax is another one I hope to get while I'm here. And #92 and #93 of whats available.

I have a pitty and tool box for #51. And the car. It was a 2 pack I believe. I'd like to get what I can for him

Comment

I found this online. Is this at all worth it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111931686584...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Comment

Originally posted by brownsfan1092 View Post
                  I figured as such. I'd love to see his crew released.

I also like the #123 No Stall car. I have his crew chief. But I don't know if he has a crew. Haven't seen one. The #82 Shiny Wax is another one I hope to get while I'm here. And #92 and #93 of whats available.

I have a pitty and tool box for #51. And the car. It was a 2 pack I believe. I'd like to get what I can for him
                  A Lil' Torquey Pistons crew would be awesome. I bought a custom Lil' Torquey Pistons hauler off Ebay last year as seen in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHi1utfNP5s

Comment

Originally posted by brownsfan1092 View Post
                    I found this online. Is this at all worth it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111931686584...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
                    I'd say that's worth it if you have the money. I don't see any complete sets of that team on Ebay right now.

Comment

No Stall only had a 3-pack release (vertical and horizontal) with Shirley Spinout (pitty) Roman Dunes (chief) and No Stall 123 A.K.A. Todd Marcus.

Here are some visual aids for team sets (some are duplicate Cars):

Last edited by GotFrank; 04-02-2016, 06:58 PM.

Comment

A Lil' Torquey Pistons crew would be awesome. I bought a custom Lil' Torquey Pistons hauler off Ebay last year as seen in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHi1utfNP5s
                        He's always been one of my favorites. I purchases him with rubber tires a few years back. He goes everywhere with me. Along with my 1997 Jurassic Park stuffed stegosaurus. They're both over here in Korea with me.

I'd say that's worth it if you have the money. I don't see any complete sets of that team on Ebay right now.
                        Looks like I may look into buying it. It's just a lot. He is one of my favorite racers though. I have a pitty and tool box for him. and stack of tires. Just wish he had more at a cheaper price.

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
                          No Stall only had a 3-pack release (vertical and horizontal) with Shirley Spinout (pitty) Roman Dunes (chief) and No Stall 123 A.K.A. Todd Marcus.

Here are some visual aids for team sets (some are duplicate Cars):

So really the only set I'm really missing for pit crews would be Bumper Save? I have Nitroade, Leakless, Octane Gain, htB, and Dinoco. I'm sure Lightning McQueen has a pit crew out there too, but his would be far too expensive. I'll stick to my radiator springs one. lol.

As for No Stall, looks like I need to find his one pitty. lol. Maybe even a hauler. In the future I want to start getting haulers, but for now I want pit crews. I feel like they're harder to get.
                          Last edited by brownsfan1092; 04-03-2016, 02:23 AM.

Comment

To clarify, GotFrank, that Shiny Wax tool box is a custom, correct? If so, you did a phenomenal job with it!

Comment

"I'm sure Lightning McQueen has a pit crew out there too, but his would be far too expensive."

Not really, there's two versions of My Name Is Not Chuck. One with the impact wrench one without. Most of the Radiator Springs townies have a Pit Crew version. But that's it for Team McQueen\Rust-eze.

And Yes RCcars5 I made custom toolboxes for Teams; Shiny Wax, Sparemint and No Stall. The other two are kinda obscured by the pittys. And thanks!

Sorts visible here:

Last edited by GotFrank; 04-03-2016, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X