Francesco Bernoulli:

(picture courtesy of Homercleez)

Raoul:

Vitaly:

Lightning McQueen (International card):

Vitaly and Raoul:

McQueen and Max:

Rip and Carla:

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Whats the deal with the ice racers? i've never seen them before. What inspired them I guess?

Comment

Copy and paste to your hearts content Chris[emoji51][emoji1303]

Comment

Originally posted by brownsfan1092 View Post
        Whats the deal with the ice racers? i've never seen them before. What inspired them I guess?
        Great questions, brownsfan1092... I think I saw a book somewhere that alluded to them and gave the back story... from a marketing standpoint, cynics may feel it's an attempt by Mattel to sell more Cars - they already had the molds from the original World Grand Prix racers... the same mold with a new paint job is going to sell more Cars than the same mold with the same paint job.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Thank you for allowing me to user your picture of the Francesco Ice Racer single, Homercleez... my single was not with the rest of my Ice Racers as I am not going to open my Francesco single.

Comment

Very nice!!! Also gave in to these but still trying to complete them.. Just a quick question - what's the difference between the regular ice racers and the ones that say special icy edition? Im hoping there isn't much difference tho so i don't get tempted to get the special icy ones

Comment

Originally posted by forloveofcars View Post
              Very nice!!! Also gave in to these but still trying to complete them.. Just a quick question - what's the difference between the regular ice racers and the ones that say special icy edition? Im hoping there isn't much difference tho so i don't get tempted to get the special icy ones
              I'm pretty sure nothing it's just a different card back. They were all released at different times and Mattel I'm guessing love to change things up

Comment

Yes, the only difference is a cardback difference... I have 3 different cardback types on my Ice Racer singles.

Blank: the original.
                Special Icy edition: a second release
                Download app: a 3rd release with the same yellow stripe download app we've seen since the end of the 2015 Cars year.

All 3 cardback versions are shown in the lead post in this topic.

Comment

Oh thank goodness! I would've regretted not getting the francesco single from you @Homercleez!
                  On this side of the world, just can't afford grabbing all the different card back versions @cac1959 but really really nice!

Comment

Working...
                  X