Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Route 66 Cars: 5/5/16

Happy Cinco de Mayo Day!

Looking at eBay, there appears to be a new series of Cars getting ready to come out called Route66... we have not seen carded versions of these Cars yet, only loose ones.

Lightning McQueen

Sally

Flo

Fillmore

Ramone

Sarge

We see a trailer hitch on the back of each so far... Road trip?

Are these upcoming releases from Cars3? Are they for a new Cars Toon (Mater's Tall Tale)? We'll find out sooner or later... and I know we hate to wait... but at $30 each on eBay I'm going to wait.

I think that the Ramone is my favorite so far.

What are your thoughts? Let us know.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Well I also think we should hold out for these to be released. There's most definitely a trailer to accompany these route 66 road trippers. Remember these:

I'm thinking, wishfully that's the case. I can't see anything on the pixar blogs referring to any shorts being in production, there diary seems pretty full with all the new movie's that are currently in being made. So fingers crossed we see these at retail.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Comment

It'll be a cool series. Hopefully not a Cars 3 thing. I like Sarge the best.

Comment

I kind of like them, for the extra detailing I don't mind forking out the extra cash. Flo looks great with sunglasses and luggage rack and they are all quite different to the standard vehicles in their own way. According to various internet articles, Cars 3 is going to be a story about Route 66 and a road trip, so maybe this is an early look at that? Either way, I look forward to seeing more of these...!

Comment

Just read on T5AD that these die-casts are not from Cars 3 but from a series called 'road trip' Also, the vehicles with a tow hook should come with a trailer of some description. Will keep a look out for more on these...!

Comment

i hope they make the town cars in this series... dont go all crazy

Comment

June 1, 2016 update: Walmart Exclusive Road Trip Cars

Thanks to Fillmore1234 for posting this on the PCD Facebook page... we now know more about the Road Trip Cars... he found these links on the Walmart.com website... currently all are out of stock and not available for purchase.

We know why the Cars have trailer hitches!

Lightning McQueen: http://www.walmart.com/ip/52102610

Mater: http://www.walmart.com/ip/52102607

Ramone: http://www.walmart.com/ip/52102614

No pictures yet for the vehicle assortment listed below... but we've seen photos of Sally, Fillmore, Sarge, and Flo loose on eBay... 2 sets of 2 Cars? Sally and Flo? Fillmore and Sarge? We'll find out sometime in the not too distant future.
              Vehicle Assortment: http://www.walmart.com/ip/52102609

And if they're Walmart exclusive in the US, perhaps they'll show up at ASDA in the UK.

Thanks for the heads up, Fillmore1234!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Beautiful...

Comment

AAAHHHH!!!! NEED a new room on the house ... so sweet!!

Comment

im down for them.

Comment

Thanks to David Vincent for allowing me to post this picture of the carded Ramone and Trailer on the PCD website; David posted it on the PCD Facebook Group page.

Comment

I wonder how much these will sell for at retail stores!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ForTheLoveofMater View Post
                          I wonder how much these will sell for at retail stores!

Good question, ForTheLoveofMater... my guess is that they will be a little more expensive than the Movie Moments... Walmart exclusive in the US... my guess is $8.97

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                            Good question, ForTheLoveofMater... my guess is that they will be a little more expensive than the Movie Moments... Walmart exclusive in the US... my guess is $8.97
                            I never saw the Movie Moments for sale so wasn't sure what to base prices for these off of...I was hoping for $6.99....but as long as it's under $10 I will be happy! Lol

Comment

Is it me or does the packaging look big! Makes the cars look small

Comment

Working...
                              X