• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy 10th Anniversary, Cars! Winners Announced June 22

It was June 9th... the year was 2006:

Fast forward to 2016:

Happy 10th Anniversary, Cars!

To celebrate, we are running a contest which is now open... we have some very nice prizes:

2 Super Chase Mater with Duct Tape (card not mint):
    From Chantell Shock Dunn (Sweet-Wheels-Dunn) and from Darren Wilson (Ferris):

From Toyfountain (Jack Toyfountain), a Bessie on Canadian card and a custom Jonathan Wrenchworths:

Look at that rear bumper after the Rusteze medicated bumper treatment:

Here's another prize... a German mail-in promo Car from a few years ago - I had some sent to me from gipsy and keonisdad for a special occasion... and the 10th anniversary of Cars is pretty special.

And from a member of our Cars community who wishes to remain anonymous... one of these:

(Photos from Scavenger, used by permission)

Yes, you have a chance to win Big Al, from the 2015 D23 Convention.

You may enter the contest here on the website or on the PixarCarsDiecast.com Facebook group page... you may enter 5 times on the website (limit of 1 time per day) and 5 times on the Facebook group (limit of 1 time per day)... those who enter 5 times on either the website or the Facebook page will receive one bonus entry for a total of 6... those who enter 5 times on both the website and the Facebook group will receive 5 bonus entries for a total of 15.

To enter, post a reply with the approximate date you first saw the movie Cars, how many times you've seen the movie (can be an approximate number), and who is your favorite character from the Cars movie.

Here's a sample contest entry:
    I first saw the movie Cars: June 9, 2006 (we sat in the front row of the theater)
    I've seen Cars: over 150 times - I've lost track
    My favorite character from Cars is: Doc Hudson

All shipping costs are the responsibility of the prize winners... if the winner of the Big Al is from outside the US, the prize will be shipped with insurance and tracking.

The contest is now open (Wednesday June 8)... the last day to enter will be Friday June 17... I plan on doing the drawing on Sunday June 19, 2016 which is Father's Day... I may just watch Cars on Father's Day.

Thank you to all who have generously donated prizes... and we may have additional prizes to announce.

Happy 10th Anniversary Cars!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

...Happy birthday Cars...

I refused to enter the world of cars in 2006 because I associated Mcqueen with Mcqueen. I stayed oblivious to the whole marketing campaign so lost out...tbc
    So I hadn't seen the movie at that point. Therefore had no favourite!

Entery numero ouno...

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ru5ty; 06-08-2016, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Happy birthday And to all of those collecting these ten years happy 10th collection anniversary to you!

Anatomical illustrations by Jake Parker

Comment

Thanks to all and to PCD for allowing everyone the opportunity to win such AWESOME prizes!

I am a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I first saw the movie Cars in: June of 2011.
          I have seen the movie cars: 150 times.
          My favorite character is: Mater!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Update: the contest is now open! After all, it is already June 8 in other parts of the world.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

1hr and counting 23:04 N Ireland Gmt

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Comment

Entry #1

I first saw 'Cars' around June 16, 2006. I was just a little kid and my mother took me to see the movie.
                I've probably seen 'Cars' over 30 times and 'Cars 2' a little less. It's about time I watch it again!
                My favorite character is Lightning McQueen - gotta like the main character!
                Last edited by RCcars5; 06-09-2016, 03:37 PM.
                Youtube Channel RCcars5 | Google Plus Community Disney Cars & Planes Community

Comment

We first saw the movie June 13,2006
                  I have watched the movie over 100 times
                  My favourite character still to this day is Ramone

Comment

This is a non-entry for me since I already have all of them, but I want to play too. I want to give someone else the chance to get these. I also would not want to win a Cars I donated.

I first saw the movie Cars: in June or July, 2006 with my wife and two sons which were 8 and almost 2 at the time (he doesn't remember it at 2 but he was there).
                    I've seen Cars: over so many times - I don't keep track anymore. Last time was last week. Cars, Cars2, Planes and Planes F&R with my younger son which is almost 12 now.
                    My favourite character from Cars is: Lightning McQueen.

Comment

We first saw the movie on opening day June 24, 2006 at a movie theater and since that was a time of bomb scares and some crazy person left his backpack a few seats in front of us, we got so scared and didn't get to finish and see the credits..
                      We probably watched the movie more than 200 times since.
                      My favorite character is FILLMORE!

Comment

Thanks once again for hosting such fantastic contests, Chris! Additional thank-yous go to the lovely people who sent in all the great prizes!

I first saw the movie Cars: June 10 or 11, 2006. It was definitely on the first weekend but it's been so long I've forgotten!
                        I've seen Cars: Oh gosh, probably 50-60 times all the way through.. and then maybe 20 or 30 more times where I just watched small sections of it. (ex. if it was on ABC Family or something like that)
                        My favorite character is.... FILLMORE. Obviously! Hahaha. My second favorite would probably have to be DJ.

Comment

Great stuff!!!!

Good luck everyone. And thanks to all those who made it possible!

Comment

I first saw the movie Cars: on DVD...probably in 2008 or 2009
                            I've seen Cars: 50+ times, and many other times in 25 minute sections on the way to and from my son's daycare.
                            My favorite character from Cars is: Lizzie

Comment

I first saw Cars in late 2006 early 2007 but couldn't really say exactly when. I didn't really see it again until my son was about 6 months old but have watched it in full or in bits at least once a fortnight in the last 3 1/2 years and I still sit down to watch my favourite bits especially the scenes with the Fabulous Hudson Hornet. Next to Doc my second favourite character would have to be Mack

Comment

Working...
                              X