Euros 2016 France

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boogity View Post
    nigel, I dont know how you can look forward to the next world cup. the thing is is not if youre gonna mess up its when,
    the rest of should be able to look forward in great anticipation, and the more I think of it the FA are really a bunch ofoverpaid halfwits with nothing constructive to offer the public

As someone who is totally independent, I don't usually stick up for the establishment, but I think your comments on the FA are grossly unfair and very wide of the mark. For all it's faults, the FA oversees a progressive football structure that has six fully professional national divisions and countless others from the very bottom of grassroots up to the Premier League, which is the most competitive top division in the developed world, the richest, most watched and many other great things. The FA, though it's plans has seen women's and girls football grow massively in recent years. There are so many positives, it's difficult to know where to stop!

If we blame the FA for all the ills, it actually gives the players (those ultimately responsible for their actions on the field of play) an excuse for consistently underperforming as a team.

I don't know for sure, but I don't believe the FA councillors actually get paid, expenses maybe? Many of the council are made up of people in various other roles, paid and unpaid employees throughout the game, from professional leagues to amateur leagues. Many give their time for the love of the game!

The contrast between Wales and England *teams* couldn't be more stark. Sure, Gareth Bale is a world class player, but their whole team and squad rose to the occasion and on another day may well be looking forward to playing in Sunday's final!

Having qualified with a *perfect ten* in the qualifiers, England also (deservedly) beat Germany and Portugal in the run up to the finals.

The group stage wasn't a total disaster for England. No disrespect to the others in their group, but England should've won all three games.

None of us could've foreseen the Iceland debacle, even with players out of position and the manager on the verge of resigning.

I'm not easily deterred, I'll still go to England games and fly the flag of St. George!

Comment

i still love soccer/football but its a bad sport, in the words of so much $$$$ changing hands for what ever reason, like 2022 oatar world cup. that place is small but u know how much money was given to fifa for the WC to be there?? tons!!! the people that are building everything, they are working almost like slaves....smh

Comment

just remembered I dreamed last night Ireland won the Euros, it was really good, but I then work up

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
          just remembered I dreamed last night Ireland won the Euros, it was really good, but I then work up

Northern Ireland or Republic of Ireland or maybe a futuristic 'united' Ireland?

There's only one Ireland rugby team, so ...

That said, two friends and neighbours is better than one!

Comment

Working...
          X