• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• music n stuff

theres no stopping nigel , eh

went to see neil young in belfast, glad we went as he/they were class

first biggie i,ve been to for a while, prefer smaller gigs,
    booking for foy vance and chas n dave , concerts in December, andy white due back in nov, think he,s doing a few uk gigs too, well worth seeing
    do not mock chas n dave anyone cos we,ll have a rockney time, so we will!

That's it Roger. U have a wee thread for the older collectors. us rowdy's will stay over in the football section lol

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
      theres no stopping nigel , eh

went to see neil young in belfast, glad we went as he/they were class

first biggie i,ve been to for a while, prefer smaller gigs,
      booking for foy vance and chas n dave , concerts in December, andy white due back in nov, think he,s doing a few uk gigs too, well worth seeing
      do not mock chas n dave anyone cos we,ll have a rockney time, so we will!

I've seen Chas 'N' Dave a couple of times, both supporting Status Quo! First time was 1984 (Crystal Palace FC) and 2014 (North Greenwich Arena). Also on the 1984 bill was Phil Lynott's Grand Slam, the last time I saw him before he died. Although SQ are my favourite band, Phil was my first rock god. Gary Moore became a rock god after I saw him guest at Thin Lizzy's last ever concert at Hammersmith Odeon in 1983. I suppose it's that age, we've lost so many rock stars in their 60's and early 70's in the last couple of years and especially this year! Too many to list!

I go to about 20 concerts a year, from mega stadiums to small venues. I recently saw From The Jam at Under The Bridge, Chelsea FC! What a cracking venue, which is set to close when Stamford Bridge is rebuilt. I hope it reopens! It's a very lavish venue with a 600 capacity. The smallest venue I've been to is the Borderline (off Tottenham Court Road) capacity 300 supposedly, more like 200. I saw Tom Robinson Band at 101 Club in Oxford Street on their 10th anniversary in 1987.

I've got plenty of rock stories to tell!

Comment

Thanks for starting the music post, boogity.

I saw close to 40 concerts during my college days... Bad Company was my first back in the spring of 1975... Bruce Springsteen during The River was the best... I've seen mostly rock concerts but have also seen some country (1989-94) and contemporary Christian... I'd like to see Springsteen again... and I wish I'd have seen Bob Seger.

A little over a year ago I saw Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds on one of the high def music channels on cable... I really liked it... I was going to try to go see the show in Cleveland (Ohio) about 4 hours away but ultimately decided not to... as it turned out, it was broadcast live over the internet on Yahoo... I enjoyed watching it on the computer but would have been disappointed had I spent $200 for the tickets, hotel, and gas.

You are right about the deaths of musicians in the last several months, niftynigel... but as it's been 40 years since I've been listening to some of these artists we are getting older.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

But how about them New Kids on the Block?!? Sorry...I had too...I was born in '82! But I really do like a lot of older music like the Beatles and the Stones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw The Grateful Dead in '94 and '95 in Chicago. Went Saturday night in '95. So I missed their last performance.
            Favorite concert would have to be Primus opening for RUSH in '94. Here in Moline, IL.

Comment

any street cred you had mater, youve just lost it all in one go, sorry
              Originally posted by ForTheLoveofMater View Post
              But how about them New Kids on the Block?!? Sorry...I had too...I was born in '82! But I really do like a lot of older music like the Beatles and the Stones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

LOL

Tough but true.

Comment

well im more into hiphop but i do all music, i been to one concert in san diego

back in 99. todays hip hop is trash . im into chicago and lots of 80s music .

Comment

Working...
                  X