This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotlight On: RCcars5

Up next on Spotlight On... a collector from the midwest with an amazing collection who is going to be sharing video reviews of Cars and Planes in a new feature on PixarCarsDiecast.com... here's RCcars5!

1. What is the story behind your PCD screen name?
    I originally created my name for my YouTube channel and when I joined PCD, I just decided to carry it over. The name itself is based off of a good friend of mine’s name who used to make YouTube videos, but stopped several years ago. His name was TFCars95. ‘RC’ used to be the initials of my name, but due to my parents divorcing and my mother remarrying, my last name initial has changed. I added ‘cars’ to the name because that’s what I mainly review on my channel. ‘5’ is just a random number I chose that sounded good with the rest of the name.

2. Where are you from / where do you live now?
    I was born in Ann Arbor, Michigan and now I live in a southwest suburb of Chicago, Illinois.

3. When did you start collecting Cars?
    I started collecting when the first movie came out in 2006. I was just a little kid. I really enjoyed the movie and loved the toys that went along with it.

4. Why did you start collecting Cars?
    Like I said, I loved the movie and the Cars that Mattel released. My mother would sometimes surprise me with a Car after I got home from school or on a special occasion. Since I was very young though, I wasn't intensely collecting (like I am now), but I was still able to find/acquire most of the Cars ever released.

5. How many cars (roughly) do you currently have?
    I’ve been asked this question many times and my answer is always “A lot!” I have tried counting, but I really do have too many to count. With all of my extras, duplicates, Disney Store releases and other random Cars, I easily have more than 1,000.

6. Which diecast car is your favourite (only one allowed)?
    This is also an extremely difficult question to answer as there are so many amazing Cars to choose from! My favorite definitely changes from time to time. For example, I’d say my favorite now is Albert Hinkey (Big Al), but I may change my mind in the future if Mattel releases something even better.

7. Which car (from the movie) is your favourite, and why?
    I have to go with Lightning McQueen - you gotta love the main character! I just really like his character arc in the first movie with him being very cocky and then becoming very considerate and a true member of Radiator Springs. So, I was a bit disappointed about his role in Cars 2, so I’m hoping in Cars 3 he has a much bigger role!

8. What has been your best ever find?
    I vividly remember finding Lizzie on the Desert card at Walmart in the summer of 2006 and I had no idea she was even released yet, so I was very surprised and delighted to find her. I also found Super Chase Hiroaki and Takeshi at a Walmart in 2013, which was another great find for me personally. I don’t find many Super Chases here in the midwest, so when I do find one it’s mind-blowing! However, I did just find my first Mater with Duct Tape the other day!

9. What car(s) do you currently own?
    My parents have given me a 2014 Chevy Cruze to drive, but I don’t technically “own” it yet.

10. What is your dream car?
    I would love to own an Audi or a BMW, but I’d really settle for any sports car!

11. What do you do for a day job?
    I work as a caddy (golfer’s assistant) at a country club near me. I typically work three or four days a week. I plan on getting a job somewhere else in the upcoming months as well.

12. Other than Cars Collecting, do you have any hobbies?
    Not really… I enjoy making YouTube videos, but that coincides with Cars collecting. I also really love to play golf.

13. What is your greatest ever achievement?
    Reaching 1,000 subscribers on YouTube was huge for me! I consider it one of my greatest achievements as it took a lot of hard work, patience and dedication to get there. Also, some of my school accomplishments could be considered pretty big.

14. What is your favourite ever TV show and favourite ever movie?
    The Walking Dead is probably my favorite TV show and I’d definitely have to pick Cars for my favorite movie! Some of the Marvel movies and TV shows are pretty good too.

15. If you won "Who wants to be a millionaire", what would you do with the money?
    My logical answer would be: I’d donate a portion to charity, buy my parents a nice vacation or something, put some in a savings account and save the rest for myself. My not-so-logical answer would be: I’d purchase a bunch of fancy sports cars and a nice garage to keep them in lol!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

It's great to learn more about you, RCcars5! I can tell that you are a huge fan of Cars and I've enjoyed your posts on the website and Facebook group page.

Your answer to question 5 is a lot like mine - I have no idea how many Cars I have... my wife tells me "way too many".

Sounds like you've had some great Cars finds - I hope those continue... and I'm looking forward to watching more of your video reviews here on PCD.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
      It's great to learn more about you, RCcars5! I can tell that you are a huge fan of Cars and I've enjoyed your posts on the website and Facebook group page.

Your answer to question 5 is a lot like mine - I have no idea how many Cars I have... my wife tells me "way too many".

Sounds like you've had some great Cars finds - I hope those continue... and I'm looking forward to watching more of your video reviews here on PCD.
      It was a lot of fun completing this interview! I've always wanted to sign up for Spotlight, but never got around to it until now. Most people tell me I have way too many Cars as well. They also ask when will I stop collecting lol. I've certainly had some cool finds, but nothing really compared to some finds I've seen! I'm glad to hear you're looking forward to my reviews. I'm excited to share them on here!
      Youtube Channel RCcars5 | Google Plus Community Disney Cars & Planes Community

Comment

nice stuff there RC5 . love the name

Comment

Glad to hear you like my name!

Comment

Nice interview, I am happy to have lot in common with you RCcars5.

Comment

Great read!

RCcars5 is passionate about Cars as the day is long. And informing the newcomers to Cars collecting too. A great addition to the collectors' community IMO. Glad to have ya around. P.S. Illinois rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by David Vincent View Post
                Nice interview, I am happy to have lot in common with you RCcars5.
                Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
                  Great read!

RCcars5 is passionate about Cars as the day is long. And informing the newcomers to Cars collecting too. A great addition to the collectors' community IMO. Glad to have ya around. P.S. Illinois rocks!
                  Thank you for the kind words! I'm happy to be here! Yeah lol, Illinois totally does rock!

Comment

your name cracks me up every time I see one of your posts
                    had a couple of mates whose first names initials were RC , cripes they got some stick, dont know weather or not US/UK english will equate to the same thing here, but over here RC if said is... arsey, arse being the UK word for butt, so I suppose RC cars means ****ty/crappy cars, still it is funny and no offence is meant mate

its the old schoolboy toilet humour which never leaves ye!

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
                      your name cracks me up every time I see one of your posts
                      had a couple of mates whose first names initials were RC , cripes they got some stick, dont know weather or not US/UK english will equate to the same thing here, but over here RC if said is... arsey, arse being the UK word for butt, so I suppose RC cars means ****ty/crappy cars, still it is funny and no offence is meant mate

No offense taken. The slang over here in the US is much different than the UK lol!

Comment

Good read mate, not seeing the interview though mate! Show as a picture of your current favourite car RC...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SPICEY View Post
                          Good read mate, not seeing the interview though mate! Show as a picture of your current favourite car RC...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I don't know why you're not seeing the interview. It's on the first page of this thread. Here's my current favorite car, Albert Hinkey: http://imgur.com/WoNYtoO

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
                            I've watched all the Inbetweeners. (The U.K. version of course. Can't believe they tried an American one.) I get a good puerile uncontrollable laugh. I was rolling when I saw Wreck It Ralph. With the slew of "duty" (ie: U.S. slang doodie) jokes.

Comment

Working...
                            X