This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotlight On: ForTheLoveofMater!

Up next on Spotlight On... one of our members who is very active on the Facebook Group page and has contributed prizes towards contests... Here's ForTheLoveofMater, Jenny Gill Doyle!

1. What is the story behind your PCD screen name?
    Mater is my favorite cars character, and I've always wanted to own every variation of him...which recently became this case!

2. Where are you from / where do you live now?
    I am originally from Herndon, VA (20 miles south of Washington, D.C.). I currently live in Buda, TX which is the first town south of Austin.

3. When did you start collecting Cars?
    Early 2013

4. Why did you start collecting Cars?
    My nephew collects them and I started buying them for him. I found I enjoyed it so much, so I started collecting for my own son, who was only a year old at the time. Then, I became obsessed with collecting them and started my own carded collection!

5. How many cars (roughly) do you currently have?
    We have roughly 450-500 loose cars, and I am not sure how many carded ones I have. I recently put them in a storage unit (climate controlled of course) because we are selling our house and buying a new one...and the boxes full of my carded collection filled up the bed of our pick-up truck!

6. Which diecast car is your favourite (only one allowed)?
    El Materdor, which I have always referred to as "Eleanor" or "Unicorn" (Gone in Sixty Seconds reference). I never thought I would own one. But my husband won an international eBay auction for a carded one a few months ago, got it at an amazing price, and surprised me with it. I almost fainted!

7. Which car (from the movie) is your favourite, and why?
    Mater...it will always be Mater!

8. What has been your best ever find?
    It's not my favorite car...but it was my favorite find in a store. My first super chase found was Carateka...found it at a Walmart 6 months before it was released. It wouldn't ring up in the system, a manager told me they couldn't sell it to me, but I refused to leave until they did. Lol

9. What car(s) do you currently own?
    2011 Kia Sorento, 2001 Dodge Dakota, and a 2008 Mitsubishi Evo X (with a ton of custom work/upgrades)

10. What is your dream car?
    Range Rover 5.0 Liter LR-V8 Supercharged

11. What do you do for a day job?
    Stay at home mom/homemaker

12. Other than Cars Collecting, do you have any hobbies?
    Crafts...I sew pillows and make wood crafts and sell them at craft shows. I also do a ton of volunteer work and fundraising for local first responders in my community

13. What is your greatest ever achievement?
    Giving birth to son on February 12, 2012. He is my greatest gift!

14. What is your favourite ever TV show and favourite ever movie?
    Not sure about favorite TV show ever, but currently it is House of Cards on Netflix. My favorite movie is one of the lesser known movies from my childhood, called Rad. It's a cheesy '80s BMX racing movie. Lol

15. If you won "Who wants to be a millionaire", what would you do with the money?
    Pay off the mortgage on my house, plan some vacations, and definitely donate to some of my top charities!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Nice to learn more about you, Jenny... I appreciate your contributions to our group - posting about new finds, helping others, and donating prizes... You've done an amazing job adding to your collection as well considering you've only been collecting about 3 years.

Good luck on your upcoming move - still within Texas, I take it?

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Great read! Mater's definitely a great character! Congrats on getting El Materdor! Still looking for one of those myself, but for now, the plastic version will do.
      Youtube Channel RCcars5 | Google Plus Community Disney Cars & Planes Community

Comment

When a bicycle movie is your favorite...that crabs my attention Already had a quick look and saw the trailer. Did you ride BMX yourself or just good memories about this time? I really like this movie:

Anatomical illustrations by Jake Parker

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
          Nice to learn more about you, Jenny... I appreciate your contributions to our group - posting about new finds, helping others, and donating prizes... You've done an amazing job adding to your collection as well considering you've only been collecting about 3 years.

Good luck on your upcoming move - still within Texas, I take it?
          Thanks for the kind words! And yes, we will still be living in Texas...just moving to the next town over. I have plans to finally make a Cars room!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RCcars5 View Post
            Great read! Mater's definitely a great character! Congrats on getting El Materdor! Still looking for one of those myself, but for now, the plastic version will do.
            I honestly thought I would never own one. My husband was able to get it through an international auction for $60 including shipping! Guess I will keep him around for a while

Comment

Originally posted by DaFickser View Post
              When a bicycle movie is your favorite...that crabs my attention Already had a quick look and saw the trailer. Did you ride BMX yourself or just good memories about this time? I really like this movie:
              Never rode BMX myself, but I was very interested in it and motor cross when I was growing up. I'm also very into football. I'm sort of a Tom Boy I guess

Comment

Working...
              X