Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newly obsessed Cars fan and collector here and trying to find out about a certain car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newly obsessed Cars fan and collector here and trying to find out about a certain car

Hello I am from NY and am trying to find out if anyone knows the value of this car. I have googled it only to find out that an Identical Motorama lightning mcqueen car was given out to employees in a plastic bag, however this one for sale is an actual store card that it says is part of the final lap edition. I would assume that the value of the store card version is less than the employee version, but no idea since i can't find any info on the Final lap edition.
    Attached Files

I've never seen that before. It looks like a custom.
    Youtube Channel RCcars5 | Google Plus Community Disney Cars & Planes Community

Comment

Yep it is definitely a custom.

Comment

Really? In a sealed up card? if it is then how is the value determined for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, some customizers make a custom package too. It's worth how much anyone is willing to pay.
          Youtube Channel RCcars5 | Google Plus Community Disney Cars & Planes Community

Comment

Ok well now i know thanx

Comment

Thought I'd chime in here. The Motorama McQueen is a tricky one. There were so many backdoor sales from China. That unless you bought it from a PIXAR employee. Or it had provenance to that effect. There's no way of identifying a legit one by sight. Now granted that's really only applicable to the first generation of backdoor Cars... There were ones that followed. That did not have a date code on the bottom. Some with Cruisin' McQueen rims. And some the had solid silver rims, without the red edge. Also the pattern in the zymac (unpainted metal) seemed more prevalent. In the legit ones and the first gen backdoors. Later backdoors had a more uniform silver appearance.

All that being said IMO a fully legit one with provenance. Could go for around $200 - $250. A legit looking one with no provenance. Around $75 - $100. And an obvious backdoor for $40 -$60. But like what has been said upthread. It's what someone will pay really. Prices do fluctuate with time and interest in the line. I do think the custom packaging is cool. And could add a little value. As for the Car, I'd need a closer look. To see which category of Motorama McQueen I think it is; Legit, First Gen Backdoor, Backdoor or a total custom.

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
                Thought I'd chime in here. The Motorama McQueen is a tricky one. There were so many backdoor sales from China. That unless you bought it from a PIXAR employee. Or it had provenance to that effect. There's no way of identifying a legit one by sight. Now granted that's really only applicable to the first generation of backdoor Cars... There were ones that followed. That did not have a date code on the bottom. Some with Cruisin' McQueen rims. And some the had solid silver rims, without the red edge. Also the pattern in the zymac (unpainted metal) seemed more prevalent. In the legit ones and the first gen backdoors. Later backdoors had a more uniform silver appearance.

All that being said IMO a fully legit one with provenance. Could go for around $200 - $250. A legit looking one with no provenance. Around $75 - $100. And an obvious backdoor for $40 -$60. But like what has been said upthread. It's what someone will pay really. Prices do fluctuate with time and interest in the line. I do think the custom packaging is cool. And could add a little value. As for the Car, I'd need a closer look. To see which category of Motorama McQueen I think it is; Legit, First Gen Backdoor, Backdoor or a total custom.
                Thank you. I actually just purchased one with the plastic bag it came in for 500. I know I over paid but I really wanted it and I had no idea where to find one that was legit and get it at a more reasonable price. I would rather overpay for a legit one with the baggie than a cool custom that i had no idea was real or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Love the design, although it is a custom it is a great pickup none the less!

Comment

Working...
                  X