No announcement yet.

Recent Finds - 2017 Store Finds and Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just back from italy, cars 3 are there but at 10 to 13 euro gave them a miss, did find cars comcs with the freebie plastic car on it, got shiny wax, pleased with that, also got a wee bully plastic mcmissle on his hydrofoils.
    got a few diecast ferraris and collecting addiction was satisfied with the panini giro d,itaia stickers, which reminds me cars 3 panini stickers must be out soon.

rem those micro racers , cant seem to find the link that has the codes on, could anyone help please

no photos this time , took colour change mater but forgot to take him out with me, he was permantly blue in the heat, put him in the fridge and that got him back to brown!!!

Comment

Made a quick trip to Indianapolis on Saturday afternoon to visit our youngest son, his wife, and their 2 kids... stopped at one Target... had success.

One of the 3 Rusteze Racing Center McQueen singles was on the pegs... I paged a team member who went to the back and got me 2 more... Arvy is for our grandson to play with in the tub - he liked it... it squirts water... as Liam is visiting for the week, I'll let him open the Mack and Frank that I'd purchased previously.

A friend in Florida found that they are now packaging the Rusteze Racing Center McQueen in a case of 24:

Evidently Target played hardball with Mattel - these were supposed to come in a case with 3 of these and 21 repeats... and I've seen nothing but case A singles at any Target store.

A local friend found these in another Indy Target:

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Went to 2 Toys R US and 2 Target stores on Saturday... Got a 2nd Desert Race 11 pack to open at Target and bought the Smokey 5 pack at TRU to qualify for an in-store promo:

The promo was choice of these; I bought enough to get both.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

We have found most of what is currently available. We purchased Jackson Storm, Cal Weathers, Dinoco Cruz, Target Exclusive LMQ, Natalie Certain, and the Combuster racer. I'm anxious to purchase the Fabulous Lightning McQueen when it comes out and remain curious to see how future racers, haulers and potential pit crews are treated.

Comment

I found these at an Indianapolis Toys R US yesterday:

Nothing new at a Target that I checked.

And I found this at a Dayton Walmart a couple of weeks ago:

Comment

Saturday I made my first and only diecast store purchase in over a month... the Smokey variant with the long bed... here are pictures...

The long bed Smokey says Hudson on the back of the card on the lower right side:

I also found a Pop! Vinyl Ramone on clearance:

I did not buy the Jada Dinoco Cruz Ramirez due to paint flaws on the Car.

Comment

Recent Finds - 2017 Store Finds and Purchases

This past Saturday I decided to make a trip to Dayton in search of new Cars... the first Walmart appeared to have a new case of boxed sets in stock but would not bring them out... I went to a Kohls and found new singles and Deluxe.

I gave one of the Fabulous Lightning McQueen singles to a 5 year old boy who came to the Cars area as I was leaving toys... no Super Chase or Mr Drippy but still was pleased with what I did find even if they were expensive.

Next stop was Marshalls and I found 2 singles which I'd previously only found at Meijer.

Nothing at the Target, Meijer, TJ Maxx, Kohls stores I went to next... I saw and left this at a Toys R US

$40 for 1 new Car and 1 new accessory is too much money.

I found nothing new at the Kroger Marketplace I stopped at... and at the second Walmart, my last stop of the day was what I'd hoped to find... the 2 new boxed sets! Thunder Hollow 5 pack with 3 new Cars and a new variant McQueen as Chester Whipplefilter and Race for the Piston Cup 5 pack with first look Lane Locke.

My best Cars hunting trip in a long time.

Comment

Pictures...

Comment

Thanks for the Kohl's heads up Chris! My first store was a wash. All case: A stuff. Still a couple of octagon Miss Fritters. The second store had the new stuff. I got an Arvy and Taco, left Dr. Damage and Mr. Drippy. As I had already gotten them for retail from TRU and Amazon. I had a lady check the back for Morgan and Cigalert. But came up empty there. But she was glad to go look. Which was nice, great customer service at Kohl's. Kinda makes up for the price markups there.

Comment

Glad to hear you found a few new Cars at Kohl's, GotFrank... I did well at one and found loads of case A at another on Saturday.

I went to the local Walmart during lunch yesterday... Brickseek showed 4 additional 5 packs in stock... I bought the Thunder Hollow and Race For the Piston Cup... the bad news is these are the worst condition boxed sets I've ever seen.

Not sure if a fork lift or semi ran over them or what... sigh.

Still looking for the new Target 4 pack and 11 pack.

Comment

Made a trip to southwest Ohio last Saturday... my wife wanted to come with me so we had to do more than Cars shop... I did find a few things... got Miss Fritter and Fabulous Lightning McQueen from Kohl's... I finally found Mini Racers 09 through 14 at a Best Buy store... and I found a couple of new items at a Target store.

Comment

Made a trip to southwest Ohio yesterday... I bought a few more Demo Derby Movie Moments singles as well as a 5 pack at a Walmart store... and at a Best Buy I found these singles:

I know many of you use the Brickseek inventory checker to see inventory of Cars items at Target and/or Walmart stores... I was looking for something that would help me find inventory of items at Best Buy... I found and used this: https://www.zoolert.com/bestbuy-inventory-checker/ The SKU for the minis is 5729303... the SKU for singles is 5729300... The SKU for Deluxe is 5729301... Singles are $3.99 at Best Buy... Mnis are $1.99... Deluxe are $6.99.

I'd gone to Best Buy hoping to find more Mini Racers - this store was showing inventory of 69 Mini Racers... it turns out they had 3 boxes of the case that includes new Mini Racers 13 and 14... I was hoping to find 15-17 or 18-24.

Comment

Stopped at the local Best Buy at lunch today... zoolert showed 8 singles in stock compared to the 1 I found earlier this week... there were 6 on the pegs... but I found and bought the 2 I most wanted they were $3.99 each plus tax.

Comment

Stopped at a few stores in northern Kentucky Friday night... saw Arvy at a Walmart... bought 2 Fabulous Lightning McQueen at ToysRUS - no trophy Cars or Christmas Cars... bought the new Motor Speedway of the South boxed set at Target.

Bought 4 new Cars 3 puzzles at Dollar Tree for my 4 year old grandson to work:

Comment

Stopped at a few stores in the Indianapolis area last Saturday on my way to a wedding in southern Indiana 4 hours away... saw and bought these at 2 ToysRUS stores

I chose not to buy the Fillmore as I have it from years ago.

Nothing at Ollies, 2 Marshall’s, Ross, or Target... I didn't stop anywhere to shop on the way home, just a quick stop for gas.

I’ve seen that others have found the new Jocko Flocko Mack Hauler at Walmart and new singles at ToysRUS so I may check Indy stores sometime this week.

Our 4 year old grandson will be at the house later today - I'm looking forward to him working the new Cars puzzles.

By the way, Brickseek is no longer showing specific inventory numbers for any Target items (not just Cars) - it appears that Target filed a Cease-and-Desist letter against Brickseek... and supposedly the Target store inventory scanners no longer tell if there is more product in the back... Target needs to remember that we decide where we spend our money - I may be spending my money at other stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X