No announcement yet.

Recent Finds - 2017 Store Finds and Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My local Hot Wheels friend got these for me at Kmart yesterday... the Deluxe were $6.99 each which is the same as Target, Walmart, Meijer, Toys R US and Amazon... the 2 pack was $7.99 which matches the price of Target, Meijer, and Amazon and is $2 cheaper than the Toys R US price.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Photobucket not working for me so I can't post photos but...

After 4 years, Australia (at Toyworld) has 2 packs again AND I got Mini/Minny today. So happy!

Also, after 4 years of relying on Target as the only store to stock Deluxe, 3 other stores (TRU, Toyworld & Kmart) are now stocking them.

Singles cases A and B are out too.

I'm not going to buy Cars 3 but will collect by taking photos of those cars I find similar to a bird watcher as I can't help still looking at pegs on the hunt! I just don't have the money or space for the amount of new cars coming. I will continue to get new cars 1 & 2 cars though!

Comment

Great finds, Silver Frosty! Glad to hear that Australia is now getting 2 packs and you have multiple stores with Deluxe... we have not seen singles case B in the US yet.

Are you sure you're not going to collect the Cars 3 racers? They are very nice looking.

Photobucket has had some issues the last few weeks... not sure what the problem is.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Bought another Desert Race 11 pack and a Fireball Beach 4 pack on Saturday... I also found the Cars 3 display at a couple of Walgreens stores and was able to get the new Todd.

Todd and Sterling purchased at Walgreens... Dinoco Cruz Ramirez purchased at Meijer.

Meijer also has a store exclusive Pop! Vinyl Primer McQueen - the Cars Pop! figures are $9.99 plus tax each:

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Frosty View Post
            Photobucket not working for me so I can't post photos but...

After 4 years, Australia (at Toyworld) has 2 packs again AND I got Mini/Minny today. So happy!

Also, after 4 years of relying on Target as the only store to stock Deluxe, 3 other stores (TRU, Toyworld & Kmart) are now stocking them.

Singles cases A and B are out too.

I'm not going to buy Cars 3 but will collect by taking photos of those cars I find similar to a bird watcher as I can't help still looking at pegs on the hunt! I just don't have the money or space for the amount of new cars coming. I will continue to get new cars 1 & 2 cars though!

We know exactly how you feel. There were around 50 cars we wanted to buy from the 2017 themes (singles, deluxe and 2-packs). We looked at Cars 3 and there were loads more, possibly 70-80 that we were interested in buying. With box sets, RS Classics and other stuff we wondered where we were going to put them all. The cost, assuming we get them all at shop prices would've been well over Ł1,000 and that set alarm bells ringing! Enough was enough! It's really difficult seeing new cars and not buying any! That said, having a really naff card design has helped dampen the urge to buy!

I'm still logging the details in a spreadsheet and I will report details as and when we find new stuff (that's not already been reported).

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
              Great finds, Silver Frosty! Glad to hear that Australia is now getting 2 packs and you have multiple stores with Deluxe... we have not seen singles case B in the US yet.

Are you sure you're not going to collect the Cars 3 racers? They are very nice looking.

Photobucket has had some issues the last few weeks... not sure what the problem is.
              The cars look fantastic I agree! I allowed myself to buy Ms Fritter and the new Fire engine with a gift card as well as Th Minny 2 pack. I've seen every car in Case A and B and although I've not bought them I've had a great feeling just finding them. I think I enjoy the hunt as much as the satisfaction of having a collection!

Comment

Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                We know exactly how you feel. There were around 50 cars we wanted to buy from the 2017 themes (singles, deluxe and 2-packs). We looked at Cars 3 and there were loads more, possibly 70-80 that we were interested in buying. With box sets, RS Classics and other stuff we wondered where we were going to put them all. The cost, assuming we get them all at shop prices would've been well over Ł1,000 and that set alarm bells ringing! Enough was enough! It's really difficult seeing new cars and not buying any! That said, having a really naff card design has helped dampen the urge to buy!

I'm still logging the details in a spreadsheet and I will report details as and when we find new stuff (that's not already been reported).
                That's what did it for me too. So many new cars at once and this is just the beginning!

Comment

you hit the nail on the head...half the fun is in the chase

Comment

Went to Indianapolis last night to visit our son and his wife and our 2 youngest grandchildren... we ended up bringing our grandchildren home with us.

On the way home I stopped at 1 Walmart store... thanks to a very helpful team member it was a very worthwhile trip:

I found a singles case B on a pallet and she was kind enough to get it out of the pile and open it up for me... I found the 3 new racers and on the Deluxe pegs I found Dr. Damage!

Here's the UPC for Dr Damage:

I got these today from my local HW friend:

It's great to find damage... Dr. Damage, that is.

Comment

Great scores!
                      Youtube Channel RCcars5 | Google Plus Community Disney Cars & Planes Community

Comment

Found these today at walmart no doctor damage thoughimage.jpg

Comment

Awesome finds, DraculaMater123! Congratulations!

I found a few case B racers pm Saturday night at Walmart stores in western Ohio... I was hoping to find the Rusteze Racing Center McQueen single at Target but they are in a special shipper marked with a street date of June 16.

Unfortunately this display from Walmart #4 contained only case A singles:

I found a Dr Damage at Walmart #3... #3 only had 12 singles anywhere in the store.

Comment

I'll try to add photos later... not only does the local Walmart have a fully stocked regular Cars area featuring case C singles and a large aisle in the front of the store that includes loads of case A singles, they set up a shipper that contains over 300 singles (all case C) and are setting up an end cap with 2 large sides that will have singles and other Cars 3 toys... I hope they put out case B or newer singles - I don't need any more case A or C singles.

The Meijer ad contains Cars 3 toys - it's been a long time since Meijer has featured Cars toys... the ad shows case B singles - I've yet to see any cases other than case A at Meijer so far.

Comment

Finally found some of the (B?) case stuff at my Walmart, they had the whole a case endcap and then these few laying around in the isle,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BuschWhacker Reviews View Post
                                Finally found some of the (B?) case stuff at my Walmart, they had the whole a case endcap and then these few laying around in the isle,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Great finds, BuschWhacker Reviews! Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                                X