Recent Finds - 2017 Store Finds and Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TJ Maxx find on 3/27/17:

My first 2 Hydro Wheels... the Deluxe were only $4.99 each - we will let our youngest grandson play with them when he comes to visit... And the Zed Custard was only $2.99.

My favorite finds of the day were the new Movie Moments at the Kokomo, Indiana Meijer:

The case contains 1 of each of the 5 and 3 additional Lightning McQueen.

I"m especially pleased to have added these 3 Piston Cup Racers to my collection:

Eli Davies from Get Me Collectibles may be getting additional cases of these... I've only seen the Movie Moments singles in Kroger Marketplace and Meijer stores; a few have been found at Kmart.

Congratulations on the new vehicle, niftynigel... we bought the 2013 CR-V EX-L as a Honda certified used vehicle...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I found the McQueen boxes. Since we didn't have an opened bling bling, and the pic looked different I got two of them for each child, but the car inside is the regular bling bling McQueen. Probably a variant with the eyes (sculpted/painted), and then I picked up a smell swell also for my son to open. I did not get them for the collection although my son tried to appeal to me on the basis of the puzzle on the back of the boxes. I said no.

Comment

Very pleased to find a fresh case down under- our 3rd 2017 case. Got Flea and am very happy that I don't have to contemplate paying big money for The old Flik and Flea 2 pack.

Comment

Great finds, Raginpage and Silver Frosty! Congratulations!

I took my wife and her mother down to the Creation Museum in northern Kentucky (south of Cincinnati) today... I stopped at several stores while there were there just in case I'd get lucky and find some Cars that I needed.

At the 3rd Kroger store I stopped at... Jackpot!

At the 1 TRU I stopped at I saw and left the Precision Series Sarge's Surplus Hut because I have it coming from Get Me Collectibles:

It looks great lit up!

And here are finds from 2 different Meijer stores:

This was my best in-store Cars day in a long time... 240 miles was a long way to drive, but it was a great Cars day.

I think most US stores are canceling Cars orders until after May 1 and the official release date of Cars 3 toys.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

That's a great Cars day Chris, well done!

Comment

Awesome finds Chris. Asda here in the U.K have had no singles since Jan and they must be holding out for Cars 3 product. Creation museum...? Is that like creation as in God? or something a little less heavy?! Sorry had to ask. Days out the the mother in law are something we all have to endure every now and then!

Comment

Like many, I have found the first wave of cars 3 in stores early. Hobby Town USA. I picked up Nitroade #28 (next gen), Dinoco #42, Bumper Save #90, and Sputter Stop #92.

Comment

Originally posted by brownsfan1092 View Post
                  Like many, I have found the first wave of cars 3 in stores early. Hobby Town USA. I picked up Nitroade #28 (next gen), Dinoco #42, Bumper Save #90, and Sputter Stop #92.
                  Awesome finds, brownsfan1092... I can't wait to add the racers and Smokey to my collection... and the rest of the other new Cars.

Thank you for the kind words, Silver Frosty... I appreciate it.

Thank you for the kind words as well, VANDANCE... yes, Walmart in the US (ASDA is the UK division of Walmart for people who do not know) has had next to no new Cars since before Christmas - the only exception was the boxed McQueen in the Easter bins... and to answer your question, the Creation Museum has to do with a biblical interpretation of how the earth was created... My wife and her mother enjoyed it - with my wife's father passing in early February we wanted to do things with her during my wife's spring break... I decided I'd rather Cars shop so I dropped them off and then spent about 4 hours stopping at stores in northern Kentucky... I had hoped to check out additional stores on the Ohio side of the river but didn't have time... soon enough we should have more Cars 3 Cars to choose from then we will know what to do with.

Comment

Decided to make a quick trip to Dayton this morning... hoped I might get lucky at Kroger or Rite Aid... no Cars at either of the 2 Rite Aid stores and just 5 Pegwarmers at Kroger... Aldi wasn't opened yet... found a Tim Rimmer at Target and bought 6 singles at 1 of 2 Meijer... both Meijer had the Transberry Juice Cab Deluxe case - they'd corrected the price of the Deluxe Brian Fee Clamp from $3.79 to $6.99... guess I'll wait 20 days for Cars 3 Cars.

Comment

Found at a Walgreens store in Florida by jestrjef:

Deluxe:

Comment

What a difference 24 hours makes... still no price tags on the shelves... but the new haulers were on the shelves and in the system in eastern Indiana:

I bought these:

Backs of the boxes:

UPC codes:

Comment

Just found some unattended cases at Walmart in Hampton VA and I truly looked for an employee but just didn't see one. So I may or may not have just tore into them, got one of each Hauler and one of each new Deluxe

Comment

Originally posted by Bumper Save View Post
                            Just found some unattended cases at Walmart in Hampton VA and I truly looked for an employee but just didn't see one. So I may or may not have just tore into them, got one of each Hauler and one of each new Deluxe
                            Awesome finds, Bumper Save! Congratulations! And it's great to hear from you again - it's been awhile!

Comment

I've finally found Cars 3 merchandise in US stores... read about it at:

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ing-Experience

I'll add photos of purchases in the coming days.

Comment

that looks the part chris

Comment

Working...
                                X