No announcement yet.

Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2017 Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those like myself that didn't fancy paying 8 quid for carbon racers, asda living have them for 80 pence if your quick enough. Carnival cup racers were 1.50 also.
    Not sure if normal asda stores are the same prices.

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
      oversize now in tesco at 10.50, fritter and fire truck look good, but the bigger disney one i got yesterday is better value for money I reckon
      11.50 oops, either got that wrong or price went up last night

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotcars View Post
        For those like myself that didn't fancy paying 8 quid for carbon racers, asda living have them for 80 pence if your quick enough. Carnival cup racers were 1.50 also.
        Not sure if normal asda stores are the same prices.
        excellent

Comment

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
          We've seen quite a lot of Cars 3 stuff around, singles, deluxe, 2-packs etc.

We've decided not to collect any of them. As card collectors we think the Cars 3 card design is just plain rubbish.

More importantly, there are so many new cars, too many to collect and way too expensive for our budget!

It's a sad way to end our Cars collecting especially as we're really looking forward to the film when it's released in the UK in July!
          this is a sad day nige, hope you change your mind, mattel are bound to change the packing in a few months, just be patient, i,ve been away for a while and now i,m back,,,,,in the new york groove
          song lyric nige?

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
            this is a sad day nige, hope you change your mind, mattel are bound to change the packing in a few months, just be patient, i,ve been away for a while and now i,m back,,,,,in the new york groove
            song lyric nige?
            We've been thinking about it for some time. The packaging was the final straw (or just an excuse). We can only display a limited number of what we have collected at any one time (usually the current series) so having spent lots of money (Ł1,000's) just to confine them all to boxes, waiting for some great unboxing day that'll never come, seemed quite pointless!

We might still buy the odd box set (if the price is right*) and continue collecting the Radiator Springs Classics and Cars 1 racers (to complete the set).

* The 3-Car set at ASDA is way overpriced at Ł21.97. Not so long ago, 3-Car sets at ASDA were Ł13.97. Mattel can't blame that massive rise on Brexit and inflation!

Comment

• I have found the Rust-Eze Racing Center Lightning McQueen single today at Tesco. The shelf was full of them. They were priced at Ł6.20, the same as the Cars 3 singles.
              Given that it is a Target Exclusive in the US, i wonder if it is a Tesco exclusive in the UK, and in that case would we get the Target exclusive 4-Pack. I doubt they would stock the 11-Pack. I have to say i much prefer the package to the regular Cars 3 Singles.

IMG_1880.jpg

Tesco is also getting the Cars 3 Clipstrips, i have only found the Ponchy Wipeout black wheel variation on a clipstrip.

Comment

• Originally posted by rossibutton View Post
                I have found the Rust-Eze Racing Center Lightning McQueen single today at Tesco. The shelf was full of them. They were priced at Ł6.20, the same as the Cars 3 singles.
                Given that it is a Target Exclusive in the US, i wonder if it is a Tesco exclusive in the UK, and in that case would we get the Target exclusive 4-Pack. I doubt they would stock the 11-Pack. I have to say i much prefer the package to the regular Cars 3 Singles.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4716[/ATTACH]

Tesco is also getting the Cars 3 Clipstrips, i have only found the Ponchy Wipeout black wheel variation on a clipstrip.
                Superb find, rossibutton! May I post it on the PCD Facebook page?

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Yes sure, i don't mind you posting any of my pictures.

Comment

• found that myself last night, well chuffed as its pretty nice, pack size 24 dxv45.9745
                    Originally posted by rossibutton View Post
                    I have found the Rust-Eze Racing Center Lightning McQueen single today at Tesco. The shelf was full of them. They were priced at Ł6.20, the same as the Cars 3 singles.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4716[/ATTACH]

Comment

• Don't have any of the cars 3 in hand yet for close look, but have the feeling by looking at the pictures here and on facebook page, that it's 3 different Rust-Eze racing center LMQ's

1. target: Rust-Eze text on hood narrows, no rust-eze text on rear spoiler
                      2. Tesco: Rust-Eze text on hood widens, rust-eze text on rear spoiler
                      3. 11 pack: Rust-Eze text on hood narrows, rust-eze text on rear spoiler

and as bonus
                      4: 4 pack (fieball beach): sandy wheels version
                      lmq-rust-eze-racing-centre.jpg
                      Last edited by DaFickser; 05-06-2017, 02:49 PM. Reason: adding picture

Anatomical illustrations by Jake Parker

Comment

• I found some new Radiator Springs Classic Singles today at Toys R Us.:

Bug Mouth Lightning McQueen (New to the new RS Classic package design in the UK)

One Eye Mater (New to the new RS Classic package design in the UK)

Costanzo Della Corsa (New to the new RS Classic package design in the UK)

Doc Hudson (New to the new RS Classic package design)
                        IMG_1895.jpg

Yellow Ramone (New to the new RS Classic package design)
                        IMG_1896.jpg

Wingo (New to RS Classic)
                        IMG_1894.jpg

Snot Rod (New to RS Classic)
                        IMG_1893.jpg

Nice to see the cars names on the front instead of the additional image we have seen on the packages for years.
                        Last edited by rossibutton; 05-06-2017, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• I saw those new RSC singles plus DJ at a southwest Ohio TRU this afternoon... I was going to buy them - I have the Tuners on every cardback so far... but they all had tape holding the blister to the cardback.

Did the ones you saw have tape as well, rossibutton? It looks like they might.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Yes, all of them did have the tape unfortunately.
                            I saw them about 3 weeks ago and didn't buy them, i had not seen them since so when i revisited the same Toys R Us i thought i must buy them.

Comment

• Originally posted by rossibutton View Post
                              I found some new Radiator Springs Classic Singles today at Toys R Us.:

Bug Mouth Lightning McQueen (New to the new RS Classic package design in the UK)

One Eye Mater (New to the new RS Classic package design in the UK)

Costanzo Della Corsa (New to the new RS Classic package design in the UK)

Doc Hudson (New to the new RS Classic package design)
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]4726[/ATTACH]

Yellow Ramone (New to the new RS Classic package design)
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]4727[/ATTACH]

Wingo (New to RS Classic)
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]4728[/ATTACH]

Snot Rod (New to RS Classic)
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]4729[/ATTACH]

Nice to see the cars names on the front instead of the additional image we have seen on the packages for years.
                              It's a shame they don't have the names just in English on the front like the US cards! They could easily put the multi-language names on the back!

Comment

• Have any of our UK members found the Road Trip Guido and Luigi single at Asda? It looks like another Cars item that is not going to be released in the US... Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X