Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2017 Finds

Administrator and PCD Super Guesser cac1959's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Great Toys R US display and great finds, rossibutton! I think I saw some of the Road Trip Cars in a commercial for a trailer somewhere, one time.

Where did you find the Road Trip boxed set - was it at Asda as well?

Toys R US in the US had the best display that I saw on the first day of Cars 3 sales... I did not buy much because it was expensive and I'd bought items elsewhere.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Yes, the Road Trip box set was from Asda. I have visited 2 large Asda's and they had 4 box sets at each.
    They seemed to have been put out with the cars 3 cars.

If anybody wants any for trade then i can see if i can get hold of any but it might be a while until i see a large Asda again.
    The Cars 3 Toys R Us display was a lot smaller than when the Cars 2 line was released so i was slightly disappointed.

was in asda today ,saw the road trip 3 pack, wasnt priced, cant believe it is 21.97, that couldnt be right, or maybe it is
    finally got into disney and had a root about, their 1.43s work out near enough the same as mattels 1.55, maybe these may be a better option
    bought a nice big and heavy miss fritter at 15.99, it certainly looks the part, will keep my receipt!

oversize now in tesco at 10.50, fritter and fire truck look good, but the bigger disney one i got yesterday is better value for money I reckon

We've seen quite a lot of Cars 3 stuff around, singles, deluxe, 2-packs etc.

We've decided not to collect any of them. As card collectors we think the Cars 3 card design is just plain rubbish.

More importantly, there are so many new cars, too many to collect and way too expensive for our budget!

It's a sad way to end our Cars collecting especially as we're really looking forward to the film when it's released in the UK in July!

For those like myself that didn't fancy paying 8 quid for carbon racers, asda living have them for 80 pence if your quick enough. Carnival cup racers were 1.50 also.
    Not sure if normal asda stores are the same prices.

Quote Originally Posted by boogity View Post
    oversize now in tesco at 10.50, fritter and fire truck look good, but the bigger disney one i got yesterday is better value for money I reckon
    11.50 oops, either got that wrong or price went up last night

Quote Originally Posted by Scotcars View Post
    For those like myself that didn't fancy paying 8 quid for carbon racers, asda living have them for 80 pence if your quick enough. Carnival cup racers were 1.50 also.
    Not sure if normal asda stores are the same prices.
    excellent

Quote Originally Posted by niftynigel View Post
    We've seen quite a lot of Cars 3 stuff around, singles, deluxe, 2-packs etc.

We've decided not to collect any of them. As card collectors we think the Cars 3 card design is just plain rubbish.

More importantly, there are so many new cars, too many to collect and way too expensive for our budget!

It's a sad way to end our Cars collecting especially as we're really looking forward to the film when it's released in the UK in July!
    this is a sad day nige, hope you change your mind, mattel are bound to change the packing in a few months, just be patient, i,ve been away for a while and now i,m back,,,,,in the new york groove
    song lyric nige?

Quote Originally Posted by boogity View Post
    this is a sad day nige, hope you change your mind, mattel are bound to change the packing in a few months, just be patient, i,ve been away for a while and now i,m back,,,,,in the new york groove
    song lyric nige?
    We've been thinking about it for some time. The packaging was the final straw (or just an excuse). We can only display a limited number of what we have collected at any one time (usually the current series) so having spent lots of money (£1,000's) just to confine them all to boxes, waiting for some great unboxing day that'll never come, seemed quite pointless!

We might still buy the odd box set (if the price is right*) and continue collecting the Radiator Springs Classics and Cars 1 racers (to complete the set).

* The 3-Car set at ASDA is way overpriced at £21.97. Not so long ago, 3-Car sets at ASDA were £13.97. Mattel can't blame that massive rise on Brexit and inflation!