No announcement yet.

Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2017 Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting updates about what's going on with Cars in the U.K... If the product launch goes like it did in the US and stores all get cases with way too many of the same Cars, once the movie comes out and merchandise doesn't sell like retailers expect, price cuts and sales will happen.

Awesome finds, rossibutton!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Prices have already started to come down in the UK...

Although they are shown as being £6.25 in Sainsburys, they apparently ring up at the till as £4.88.

I was only window shopping and didn't have time to see if anything else had around 25% discount. I was curious to see what the cars were coded as ... Disney Car Diecast!

Earlier in the day, I had a look at my local (shopping centre) TRU. They had Cars 3 posters in there, loads of them! They were emblazoned with the Toys R Us logo. Do the Cars 3 posters found in Smyths have the Smyths logo on them or are they blank?

This TRU also had a fresh 2017 974D singles case, although Rev 'N' Go and Vinyl Toupee had both gone! They manager said that the standard singles were still in stock at the warehouse and it was possible for managers to request a case, when stocks reach a certain threshold. For anyone near a TRU in need of those cars or others, it maybe worth asking if they can be ordered in? If you don't ask, you don't get!

The TRU UK shows 86 units (singles, deluxe and double packs). The US poster shows 90 units. The ones missing from the UK poster are Rust-Eze Racing Centre Lightning McQueen (Target), Todd (Walgreens), Cruz Ramirez as Crazy 8 Frances Beltline (SC) and Morgan Martins (DX SC). At least McQueen has also been released in the UK, exclusively at Tesco (so far).

The Mattel website shows Cars into eight themes so far, only accounting for 84 cars. From the original lists, I haven't found out what themes that T Bone, Brent W/RSN, Tex Dinoco and Minny/Van fit into.

Comment

• entertainer and debenhams are 6.50 and disney were 6.29
        did manage to find the cars3 panini sticker album in tesco for 2.99and it had 4 packs with it
        found a range called pop, had mcq, luigi, cruz for 12.99 and 9.99, think this must be a sci fi or sad stuff range

Comment

• Was out and about today and found Cars 3 in Sainsbury £4.68 for singles and £10.50 for deluxe.
          Also Morrison's has singles on clip strips for £5.00

Comment

• Couple of months and we may see them in Home Bargains for £2.99-£3.99, can't see them getting any lower than this though. I actually remember disney cars being £2.99, £3,29 & £3.49 as there normal prices... Asda use to have half price sales regularly and the cars used to be £1.70 ish. And it wasn't that long ago either (midnight blue lenticular series), the cars price went up to £4.99-£5.49 when cars 2 came out. £5.00 is a good deal at Morrisons though for Cars 3, well done Morrisons.

Comment

• Originally posted by BirchTiger View Post
              Had it confirmed today that TRU uk has ceased to stock the regular cars die cast line in favour of the cars 3 merch. I wonder how many other retailers have also done this as my adsa had the regular cars down to 75p (none left on shelf surprisingly) and not many sightings elsewhere other than old stock. Guess my chances of finding rev n go and vinyl t are over [emoji35].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morrisons now have the 974D case with Rev 'N' Go and Vinyl Toupee. The cars including the clipstrip Cars 3 singles were £6.50. Ouch!

Comment

• Managed to squeeze in 3 morrisons today's, no sign of disney cars in any of them, let alone the elusive 2 I'm after. On a positive note, smyths had overdosed on cars 3 boxes and I picked up tow cap, fhhlmq and lil torquey pistons. They also had two of the dirt track cars and Lizzie etc but I left these for now as £18 was enough for today.

Comment

• Originally posted by BirchTiger View Post
                  Managed to squeeze in 3 morrisons today's, no sign of disney cars in any of them, let alone the elusive 2 I'm after. On a positive note, smyths had overdosed on cars 3 boxes and I picked up tow cap, fhhlmq and lil torquey pistons. They also had two of the dirt track cars and Lizzie etc but I left these for now as £18 was enough for today.

They looked like they had only just been put out on the shelf. All 24 cars in two neat lines of 12. After a little while, once the brats have had their play, it'll resemble a war zone in the Morrisons mini toy aisle! It's probable as they had only just put them out, this could be the start of a roll out to Morrisons stores over the next few days or so? This particular store (Sutton) is really hit and miss. The toy aisle is now very small as is the 'entertainment' section but for a relatively small store they have one of the best café / restaurants in a Morrisons store!

There's many a bigger Morrisons that don't have a café / restaurant! The Croydon (Purley Way) store is much bigger but doesn't have one! It does have a supposedly bigger toy section but quite often the shelves are empty, disorganised or just a mess!

My nearest store in Wimbledon is similar in size to Sutton but doesn't have a toy aisle but does have a small café / snack bar!

Further afield, Woking is a large store with an excellent café / restaurant but a very small toy section (hardly big enough to call a section)!? And it's usually in a mess!

Comment

• gearing up for friday, hope its worth the wait
                    found a few nice things the other day, both freebies too!
                    subway, free with kids meal, 4 cars 3 characters, lady gave me a mcqueen for nothing when I asked about them, wasnt expecting that
                    tescos phone shop, was given cars 3 bunting which is pretty good

still havnt bought any mattel yet, still too expensive

Comment

• hope the lack of posts on site doesnt mean people are loosing interest and that the movie dare I say may be crap, sorry below power

Comment

• thanks for your views on morrisons nigel, one of my jobs between christmas terms at university was night shift in morrisons in bradford west yorks , stacking the jams etc, long time ago that

Comment

• finally.................4 quid in asda

Comment

• found me a taco and fabulous lightning mcq in asda at 4 quid, just like old times had to stretch up and get an almost unopened box down from the top shelf
                            also tru found a 50cm plastic mcq, says its the biggest one made, nice rubber tyres too, looks good but not sure where I could put it, 35 quid by the way

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
                              found me a taco and fabulous lightning mcq in asda at 4 quid, just like old times had to stretch up and get an almost unopened box down from the top shelf
                              also tru found a 50cm plastic mcq, says its the biggest one made, nice rubber tyres too, looks good but not sure where I could put it, 35 quid by the way
                              Awesome finds, boogity! Did you purchase them? I'm looking for Taco and Fabulous Lightning McQueen, among others.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                                Awesome finds, boogity! Did you purchase them? I'm looking for Taco and Fabulous Lightning McQueen, among others.
                                sure did, didnt get the biggie, but I will when I figure out where to put it

Comment

Working...
                                X