Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2017 Finds

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Saw the complete Craig Faster/Alexis Wheelson/Finn deluxe case in Sainsbury's. First new cars I've seen for a while....
    Did you buy them? If so, how much were they?

I tried to but they refused to sell them as they weren't on the system!

Quote Originally Posted by niftynigel View Post
    Did you buy them? If so, how much were they?

I tried to but they refused to sell them as they weren't on the system!
    I went to another Sainsburys afterwards and the same happened. They promptly removed them from sale!

No, I didn't buy them as I already have Craig and am not interested in the other two. They were £13 - prices are gradually creeping up and the deluxe range is a bit hit and miss with buyers over here. I can see them being peg warmers like the Benny Brakedrum case that seems to be everywhere. I may check back tomorrow to see if they are still there.

All of the Wilkos in my area has put price tags out on the shelves for Deluxe at £13 but none have stocked up yet, i am keeping an eye out incase they do stock up with the Craig Faster, Alexis Wheelson case.

Administrator and PCD Super Guesser cac1959's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nice finds on the Alexis Wheelson, Craig Faster, and Finn with Breather... £13 is not cheap that's $16.29 is USD based on today's currency exchange rates... Ouch.

Finn with Breather is a pegwarmer in the US... I've seen several Craig Faster on the pegs as well... and I've even seen and left a couple of Alexis Wheelson.

I hope this doesn't cause problems with upcoming releases.

There have been many reports of toys (more than just Cars) not being in the system at multiple US retailers... hopefully they get that fixed everywhere.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Hi, been quite a while since I was last on here as I stopped collecting for a bit. Have recently started up again and had nothing to report until I found these at Smyths today
    They had just put 2 full cases on the shelves, I think the case number was 978B or 979B but not 100% sure on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotcars View Post
    Hi, been quite a while since I was last on here as I stopped collecting for a bit. Have recently started up again and had nothing to report until I found these at Smyths today
    They had just put 2 full cases on the shelves, I think the case number was 978B or 979B but not 100% sure on that.
    Noticed you're from Edinburgh too, was that Smyths at the Fort? We've probably bought about 60% of ours from there since we started a couple of years ago, they always have a pretty decent selection. We were there today and saw a couple we hadn't seen before, but my son wasn't in a shopping mood so we left empty handed.

I found the new deluxes in sainsburys today (they wouldn't sell them to me and then removed them from the shelf). They are £13.50 and the singles are up to £6.25. I wasn't too happy about paying £27 for two deluxes, I could buy a decent Lego set for that sort of money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cars Contributor
    The wholesale price of cars in the UK has risen.
    The Suggested Retail Price (SRP) is now £6.29 for singles and £13.49 for deluxes

My local Tesco has put up prices to £6.64 and Argos £6.99

Quote Originally Posted by StuartW View Post
    The wholesale price of cars in the UK has risen.
    The Suggested Retail Price (SRP) is now £6.29 for singles and £13.49 for deluxes

My local Tesco has put up prices to £6.64 and Argos £6.99
    At those prices, they can keep them! We were thinking of reducing what we collect or just stopping altogether - cost and lack of space - Mattel have made the decision easier than we thought!

We've been collecting for five years now and have accumulated a collection of many hundred cars. We're going to keep all the Desert and Supercharged series and many others (Rubber tyre racers, RS Classics and box sets) but we may sell off a lot of stuff, from World of Cars onwards? The point of collecting them is to display them and we just don't have the room. It's pointless having hundreds of cars stored in boxes! Someone else can put them to good use, I'm sure!