Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mater and the Easter Buggy: Diecast Cars Are Here!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mater and the Easter Buggy: Diecast Cars Are Here!

Here's an update on a post from 9/30/16... Mater and the Easter Buggy Cars are here! Maybe.

While the Cars have been found in the US at a few Toys R US stores, at the register it shows a street date (release date to sell) of 4/30/2017... today is January 16, not April 30... but... the first 4 Cars from this book:

are here!

I actually found a set on the pegs at 1 of 2 Dayton (Ohio) TRU stores today... it was totally unexpected.

On the shelf for a picture:

They are in the system - this shows the price and the TRU number:

In the trunk of my car:

I wasn't sure I was going to be able to purchase them, but the cashier asked the manager to provide a code to over-ride the register and it happened!

There was only 1 of each on the pegs - and at this store they were in with the rest of the Cars... others reported finding them in a different area away from the Cars and other cars.

Here are photos of front and back of the individual Cars:

Easter Buggy:

Easter Buggy back of card:

Easter Ramone:

Easter Ramone back of card:

Easter Lightning McQueen:

Easter Lightning McQueen cardback:

Easter Mater:

Easter Mater cardback:

Again, currently the system shows a street date of 4/30/2017 but since that is after Easter, they are aware of the problem and are working on it... I know that Eli from Get Me Collectibles has the Easter Cars on order... 4/30/2017 is the day before the Cars 3 toys go on sale and I think the Easter Cars are categorized as Cars 3 Cars right now and they are not.

Let us know when you find them and if you're able to buy them.

Next time I read Mater and the Easter Buggy to my 3 year old grandson we're going to pause every so often to open each of the 4 Cars... they will go on display as opposed to being opened to play.

Hopefully the book will be re-released again this year - finding both the book and the Cars should increase sales of both.

And just maybe we'll see the book released as a Toon/Tall Tale.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Way to cash in some Carsma! I know what I want in my Easter basket.

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
      Way to cash in some Carsma! I know what I want in my Easter basket.
      I hope the Easter Buggy delivers these to your Easter basket, GotFrank!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Still looking for the Easter Cars? You might want to be on the lookout for these green bins at Toys R US stores... in with the Easter section at an Indianapolis TRU last night:

See the blank bin between the Rocket Balloons and the Peppa Pig? I found these face down:

The first 2 I turned over and pulled out were Mater... and then 2 McQueen... and then finally the Easter Buggy and Ramone.

And the best part was they finally fixed the system and removed the bogus 4/30/17 street date that had been preventing people or making it very hard for people to buy them.

Comment

Working...
        X