Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Wales!

Hey all, Joe here!

I've been a big fan of the cars films since they were released (and totally stoked for Cars 3!)

I wouldn't class myself as a collector (yet) for 2 reasons:
    • I've only got about a dozen cars, all easy to get
    • I let my 2 yr old loose on them all!

However I love this site, and I love all things cars! It's difficult to collect here in the UK as we don't get much stock, and it costs a lot! I'll do my best to get more more more!

Happy to be here

Welcome to PCD! I hope you enjoy your stay!
    Youtube Channel RCcars5 | Google Plus Community Disney Cars & Planes Community

Comment

Thanks RCcars5!

Your channel is incredible!

I have to laugh when you go to a WalMart and complain about the selection. You should see what it is like this side of the pond, all my local stores stopped selling cars and I've never seen haulers/precision/easter/multi packs in the wild. Just basic singles, which haven't been restocked in years

Comment

Thank you! Haha, yea, a lot of people tell me that my selection is so much better compared to theirs. Hopefully the U.K. and other areas as well pick up in terms of stock when Cars 3 comes out.
        Youtube Channel RCcars5 | Google Plus Community Disney Cars & Planes Community

Comment

Greetings, afterjoe! Glad to have you with us... it's always nice to have new Cars fans join us... Only 12 Cars - wow... but I'm glad that you let your 2 year old play with them... after all, they are toys.

I loved the first movie - my grandson, who was 4 when it came out, and I saw it over 150 times.
          I was excited for Cars 2 and very disappointed by it - I've only seen it twice.
          I have high hopes for Cars 3 - my youngest grandson will be 4 just before the movie comes out and my oldest grandson who will be just about 15 is planning to go see it with me as well, just like he saw Cars when he was 4.

As far as stores go - it's not necessarily the number of Cars but the variety... my local Walmart has probably 150 singles - they are all pegwarming leftovers from the last 2 years - all the good stuff is long gone... the local Meijer currently only has about 12 singles - other Meijer are getting in new stock but until they finish our store renovation and relocate toys I won't see any new ones... and until I replace my Honda Civic (hopefully soon) I won't be going out of town to Cars shop.

Good luck adding to your Cars collection.

Thanks for joining... from eastern Indiana... Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
            Greetings, afterjoe! Glad to have you with us... it's always nice to have new Cars fans join us... Only 12 Cars - wow... but I'm glad that you let your 2 year old play with them... after all, they are toys.

I loved the first movie - my grandson, who was 4 when it came out, and I saw it over 150 times.
            I was excited for Cars 2 and very disappointed by it - I've only seen it twice.
            I have high hopes for Cars 3 - my youngest grandson will be 4 just before the movie comes out and my oldest grandson who will be just about 15 is planning to go see it with me as well, just like he saw Cars when he was 4.

As far as stores go - it's not necessarily the number of Cars but the variety... my local Walmart has probably 150 singles - they are all pegwarming leftovers from the last 2 years - all the good stuff is long gone... the local Meijer currently only has about 12 singles - other Meijer are getting in new stock but until they finish our store renovation and relocate toys I won't see any new ones... and until I replace my Honda Civic (hopefully soon) I won't be going out of town to Cars shop.

Good luck adding to your Cars collection.

Thanks for joining... from eastern Indiana... Chris
            ha, it's 12 for now

Agreed the first movie is incredible. I liked the 2nd a lot, but nothing compared to the first. I have high hopes for the third too, the teaser trailer looked incredible! I would have collected for a long time, but I never could afford it really (guitars on the other hand...) but now I'm in a position where I have more 'spare' money to play with (just enough for a £6.99 car or two!). Really happy to be here though, and incredibly jealous of some of the collections here, they are amazing.

For what it's worth, I'm actually head of a degree in Games Development and Animation, and I use Pixar alllll the time as the perfect examples. I was lucky enough to go to their RenderMan release conference in London a couple of years ago, it was incredible! They are by far and away my favourite company in the field! I've also got a couple of 3D printers at my disposal, so hoping to print a model or two, see how they come out (if that's considered interest, I'll start a thread when I get chance).

Comment

joe welcome to pcd from texas

Comment

You guys are a bad influence, I've bought 5 more in the last 2 days!

Comment

We live to enable... Welcome Joe.

3D printer (drools) oh the things I could make.

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
                    We live to enable... Welcome Joe.

3D printer (drools) oh the things I could make.
                    What would you make, I'll tell you if it's doable or not

Comment

Well top of my list:

Cone PA speakers for the Cozy Cone.
                      Cone water wheel from the Cozy Cone.
                      Cone planters for the Cozy Cone.
                      Bases with a ramp for my Cozy Cones.
                      Shrubs for Sarges (could be done conventionally I suppose.)
                      About 50 Fillmore's gas cans. Just so I could reenact the Ghostlight scene.
                      Fillmore's oil drum wind generator.
                      The Municipal Impound sign.
                      Some trees, the tall thin ones scattered through R.S.
                      3D scan and replicate Doc's Rust-eze pit stand x18 (for the rest of pit row.)
                      Pit row lights.

That's about it off the top of my head. Now if I had access to PIXAR's files...
                      Spark Plug Monster.
                      About 50% of the buildings in R.S. And so on...

Also are we talking plastic extrusion. Or powder medium with color capabilities?
                      Last edited by GotFrank; 03-12-2017, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X