Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How was your May 1 Cars 3 Shopping Experience?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How was your May 1 Cars 3 Shopping Experience?

I'll try to add some pictures and some additional comments later today... How was your May 1 Cars 3 shopping experience?

Here are my random thoughts about the last 24 hours of Cars shopping now that we have made it to the May 1 street date... I went to 6 Walmart, 6 Meijer, 1 Toys R US, 2 Target, 2 Kroger, and 5 Walgreens between 10 pm Sunday night and 3 pm Monday afternoon (trip 1: 10 pm to 2 am, trip 2: 6 am - 3 pm)

Best display: Toys R US
    Biggest pleasant surprise: Meijer - I stopped at 3 stores and all had added nice displays (Despicable Me on 1 side, Cars on 2, don'r remember the 4th)
    Biggest disappointments: Tie: Walmart, Kroger, Walgreens... No diecast at any other than the Chick with headset/Mack/Cars 3 McQueen at Kroger... I wonder if Kroger and Walgreens didn't get product at launch as a penalty for releasing product early?
    Not prepared for product launch: Target/Walmart/Kroger etc... No way should we have had to ask for product to be brought out... and no way should we be told that the manager is not letting them put out merchandise until after the store closes on Saturday night.
    Favorite merchandise: Tie: Fireball Beach 4 pack, Desert Race 11 pack, and Piston Cup Racer 5-pack.

I'd expected we'd find the first 2 or 3 cases of singles but only saw case A... at every store...

I thought stores were more organized and prepared for the 2011 Cars 2 launch except for Meijer which was definitely ready this time around.

What are your thoughts? Let us know.

Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Not great in the UK. Just the usual singles, 2 packs and deluxe, no box sets yet other than the 3 pack with Mcqueen, Chick and Mack. Also annoyed that we probably wont get the Desert Race 11 pack or Todd single in the UK

Comment

Toys R US display:

Singles were $4.99 which is high.

2 packs were $9.99 which is really high!

Deluxe were $6.99 which is the same price as Walmart/Target/Meijer/Amazon.

New plastic items and they had the new Radiator Springs Classic Deluxe cabs for $6.99

More playsets and plastic items:

Lego and Duplo items under the poster:

Another 2 posters:

New at TRU:

1 of my 2 TRU purchases: $11.99 and it comes in a case of 6:

Meijer displays - our store was not set up when I checked at 6:00 pm last night:

Part of display at an out-of-town Meijer:

Second side of display:

I saw the Pop! Vinyl figures including the Meijer exclusive:

Same $6.99 price for Deluxe:

Playsets:

Target had no Cars 3 items out on the floor but I gave DPCI numbers and they brought stuff out:
      Desert Race 11 pack:

My cart was full:

Checking out was interesting - I was using my PayPal debit card in Ohio... I live in Indiana... and had to call to get approval to use my card at Target... what the heck?

Walmart dropped the ball... no singles or 2 packs... hand-written notes that they were unavailable... I found a few boxes on pallets and helped myself... I found the 5 pack at only 1 Walmart store of 6:

Here's a Deluxe case - a little after 1 am on Monday May 1.

Here's the hauler case assortment box:

And I found variant hauler variations for both Bobby Swift (Octane Gain) Hauler and the Cal Weathers (Dinoco) Haulers - I'll have to take and upload pictures.

I was worn out by the time I got back at 3 pm on Monday May 1 - I only slept 3 hours overnight which is not enough for me.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

no carsing on the first of may, ran belfast city marathon in fancy dress for downs syndrome association, brilliant day, belfast at its best, weather good, got lots of sponsorship , retired from long distance stuff on a high!

Comment

Sorry havent posted in awhile but planning on getting the majority of the cars 3 diecasts but i think this "error" was brought uo before i bought this hauler on ebay and it is the wrong color meaning it doesnt match the back of the box it is a lighter shade of purple but when i put it up to the car it matches it perfectly give me ur thoughts on this. Btw heres the cars 3 pickupsimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Comment

Since May 1:

TRU stores: still nicely stocked... have added new RSC singles including the Tuners - but due to tape holding the blister to the cardback I left them.
            Meijer stores: have stocked additional case A singles, 2 packs, and deluxe.

Walmart: I've seen no diecasts singles, two packs, deluxe, or 5 packs at most stores - no singles or 2 packs at any stores.
            Kmart: the one I've been to had case A deluxe and 2 packs: no singles
            Kroger: case A singles and 2 packs - higher prices
            Kohl's: case A 2 packs at $12.99 each - $5 higher per 2 pack than any other store.
            Walgreens: I have finally found the display and purchased a couple of Todd.

I may check more stores on Sunday... taking a few days off from driving and looking for Cars.

Comment

Working...
            X