Respect the Classics: Cars 3 Desert Race 11 pack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respect the Classics: Cars 3 Desert Race 11 pack

Happy Star Wars Day! May the Fourth (Force) be with you!

Wrong movie... oops.

Monday May 1 was the official release date of Cars 3 diecasts in the US and other countries... my first 3 priorities on my shopping list were 3 boxed sets... The Target exclusive Desert Race 11 pack and Fireball Beach 4 pack and what appears to be a Walmart exclusive Piston Cup Race 5 pack.

Target Desert Race 11 pack:

Target: Fireball Beach 4 pack:

Walmart Piston Cup Race 5-pack:

In this installment of Respect the Classics we'll take a look at the Desert Race 11 pack.

Here's the back of the box:

Of these 11 Cars, I had a few of them prior to going shopping on May 1 - Tex Dinoco appears to be the same as the version from Cars and I already had found the Cars 3 Lightning McQueen at a Kroger Marketplace store in northern Kentucky at the end of March... I had Brick Yardley, Jackson Storm, Reb Meeker, and Cal Weathers as singles from a friend in Florida and I had Bobby Swift, Cal Weathers, and Chick Hicks with headset in 2 packs... so it turns out I only needed these 3:

Rust-Eze Racing Center Lightning McQueen is a first look Car.
    Todd Marcus (No Stall) is currently not listed as a single or in a 2 pack.
    Rev N Go Racer is currently not listed as a single or in a 2 pack.

But I think they are all great looking Cars and they look nice in the box... As of now I don't anticipate opening my Desert Race 11 pack - part of that is due to the fact that I am out of space in my display cases and I need to order another display case or two or three or four.

Here are a couple of photos showing the Cars in the boxed set:

Note how Todd Marcus and Rev N Go Racer are prominently displayed in the front.

The Rust-Eze Racing Center Lightning McQueen and Chick Hicks with headset (Chick is an announcer in Cars 3) are also prominently displayed in the front.

The Rust-Eze Racing Center McQueen may be released as an exclusive Target single in the not too distant future but that is only speculation on my part.

Here is the UPC:

Target identifies merchandise by DPCI number... the DPCI code is 087-07-4061... the retail price is $44.99... to that we add sales tax and the cost is at least $48.14 (different counties and states have different sales tax rates).

When this goes on sale, I will probably buy myself a second set... On Monday I was at a Target at 7:55 am so I could be first in the door to go buy the boxed sets and some singles and 2 packs and Deluxe... as it turned out, none of the Cars 3 merchandise at either of the 2 Target stores I went to was out... I contacted a team member, provided DPCI information, and waited for them to bring out merchandise... they brought out 3 carts worth of stuff but never brought out 2 packs.

When I went up front to pay, the team member was good to me even when my PayPal card was declined... after 15 minutes I browsed the Internet on my iPhone and found a number to call PayPal... after 10 minutes on the automated system, I finally got to speak to a person... I found out that because I live in one state and was shopping in another (and had shopped out of state between midnight and 1:30 am earlier in the day before coming home to sleep for 3 hours) they had identified my card as having suspicious activity and were not going to approve purchases until I called... what a pain... finally I was able to complete my $457.00 purchase.

I stopped at one more Target that day - while they had Cars 3 merchandise in the back the manager said they were not putting any of it out until after they closed on Saturday May 6.

Anyway, I achieved my main goals on May 1 and purchased the boxed sets that I needed... I may be able to help out others but I'll have to have money for the items up front.

I'll try to add some pictures of individual opened Cars later... I bought a set for a friend in Canada who has asked me to ship the Cars loose in order to save postage - due to the size of the boxed set, using a bigger (longer) box for postage will result in significantly higher postage costs.

Thanks for reading... as always, I appreciate your comments.

Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

I certainly prefer the Target exclusive colours on the box with the gold effect, i have ordered 2 11-packs from the website so i have one to open.
    That has got to be one of my favorite McQueen liveries.
    I would love to get hold of the Fireball beach 4-Pack.

Comment

Here are pictures of the Cars from the 11 pack - I opened a set to get it ready to ship to a friend in Canada.

I like the new Rev N Go and No Stall:

Going to take a long time to open:

Cal Weathers:

Rust-eze Racing Center Lightning McQueen:

Chick Hicks is now an announcer for the RSN:

Brick Yardley:

Cars 3 Lightning McQueen:

No Stall (not sure why this photo rotated 90 degrees):

Tank Coat:

Rev N Go Racer:

Bobby Swift:

Jackson Storm:

Jackson Storm (rear view):

Tex Dinoco:

Here are production codes for the 11 Cars in the Desert Race 11-pack: all were made in the EAA factory... Bobby Swift: 0457EAA, Tank Coat: 0537EAA, Rev N Go: 0557EAA, Brick Yardley: 0557EAA, Rusteze Racing Center McQueen: 0567EAA, Tex Dinoco: 0567EAA, Cal Weathers: 0587EAA, Jackson Storm: 0587EAA, Cars 3 Lightning McQueen: 0597EAA, Chick Hicks with headset: 0597EAA, No Stall: 0597EAA.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
      X