Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming Soon: the Return of the Kmart Cars 3 Collector event

Coming soon... the return of the Kmart Cars 3 Collector event:

Thanks to KK&PP_Cars for the photo and the information.

This shows that for online orders (starting June 10) that if you buy a Cars 12 pack you can get a special edition Lightning McQueen... but on the Mattel site it mentions that there is a $3.50 handling fee per Car.

Another ad shows buy 5 singles in store get a free McQueen in the mail during the store event on June 17:

Are there 2 variations of this promo? I used to think the Kmart Cars Collector events were great... but of the 20 stores I'd regularly attend (12 on Saturday and 8 the next day looking for leftovers) only 2 remain open... If I go to Indianapolis there are 2 remaining Kmart stores (out of 10)... only 1 remains in Dayton... but I might as well stick around and go to the local store.

And we're not sure if there is a limit of 5 or 10 McQueen per household address... a 12 pack is probably going to cost $50 and it better have several unreleased Cars 3 Cars... 5 singles will probably cost around $20... I'd like to see what the store exclusive is... for the in-store they are requiring us to mail in the cardback (but not the blister).

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Posted by Met today on Take5ADay:

http://www.takefiveaday.com/2017/06/...ay-event-2017/

The special McQueen is a Precision Series Cars 3 Lightning McQueen.

We still don't know what Cars are in the 12 pack - it is supposed to go on sale tomorrow.

We still don't know what Cars are going to be in the Kmart case but I suspect it's a case K with first to market (first releases) of Cars 3 Tow Cap and Lil Torquey Pistons among others.

I'll add more as I know more.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Update: Fillmore1234 thinks that it could be a Precision Series Fabulous Lightning McQueen - that would be much better...

Comment

To quote Ferris, "worst promo ever"

Here are the online promo details... 12 Cars singles for $59.88 which is $4.99 each... you will receive:

1 Lightning McQueen
        1 Mater
        1 of either Tow Cap or Lil Torquey Pistons (their choice)
        9 random Cars

We still have not seen a picture of the mail in promo McQueen.

If I could order 6 each of the 2 new Cars (Lil Torquey Pistons and Tow Cap) I'd pay $4.99 each for them... but for what they are going to send there is no way I'm going to do that... guess I will take my chances at the store on June 17th.

Comment

What an awful event, only 2 new cars? I know I'll go there and not end up with either new car and therefore have nothing to get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It seemed so strange for me to only go to 1 store today, but so many of the stores that I have been to for previous Cars collector events have closed... I'd make it an all day event and go to 8 to 12 stores the first day and another 6 to 8 the next day.

Reports of 2 different cases at stores... Ours had DXV29-9997 - the contents were Case 9997 contents Kmart case...
            5 Cars 3 Lightning McQueen
            2 Mater
            1 Jack DePost
            1 Ralph Carlow
            1 Parker Brakeston
            1 Dud Throttleman
            1 Rex Revlar
            1 Tex Dinoco
            1 Fillmore
            1 Sally
            1 Lightning McQueen as Chester Whipplefilter
            1 Cruz Ramirez
            1 Dinoco Cruz Ramirez
            1 Chick Hicks with headset
            1 Brick Yardley
            1 Tim Treadless
            1 Danny Swervez
            1 Jackson Storm
            1 Bobby Swift

And I did not even ask about the store poster... not an exciting poster in my opinion.

Comment

I basically forgot this was even happening, so I plan on swinging by my Kmart and hoping they still have DePost and Carlow. I wouldn't be shocked if no one went on Saturday. Not interested in the promo, whatever McQueen it is I will be able to get somewhere else. If it is precision series, that's not even something I'm interested in. Not going to buy 3 extra cars I don't need and mail away just to gamble on it

Comment

Believe it or not... and I really don't at this time... after receiving e-mails in June and July telling us that the promo Car was on back-order, I finally have received an e-mail telling me that my order for my mail-in promo Cars has been shipped... it's due to arrive by the end of the week.

Unconfirmed reports indicate the promo is a Precision Series Cars 3 Lightning McQueen... as soon as I confirm I'll let you know.

Comment

I'll be pretty disappointed by a "Cars 3" McQueen. I'd settle for a Rust-eze decal scheme like the SDCC. But I was really hoping for a Fabulous LMcQ.

Comment

Update: It appears that the Kmart mail in promo is indeed the Precision Series Fabulous Lightning McQueen - I'll upload pictures as soon as I can after I get my package this week.

Comment

Yeah buddy!

Comment

I have a new favorite Precision Series Car...

I wish I'd have bought more.

Comment

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

it states top speed is 205 mph, on the top trump card it aint that quick, think its more like 198 or something

Comment

I'm pretty sure the "Precision" Series Doc Hudson. Has contradictory horsepower on it's ID tag Vs. the card-back.

Comment

Working...
                              X