Respect the Classics: Thunder Hollow and Race for the Piston Cup 5 packs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respect the Classics: Thunder Hollow and Race for the Piston Cup 5 packs

Many new Cars 3 boxed sets are coming out at this time, August 2017... It's the second wave, if you will... In this installment of Respect the Classics we'll take a look at 2 new 5 packs that are coming out at Walmart stores as part of their fall reset... the Thunder Hollow 5 pack and the Race for the Piston Cup 5 pack... The Thunder Hollow 5 pack features 5 Cars from the Demo Derby - this includes 3 new Cars as well as a variant McQueen as Chester Whipplefilter - only the Cruz Ramirez as Frances Beltline appears to be the same as the previously released version... The Race for the Piston Cup 5 pack features the First Look Racer Lane Locke.

Here are pictures...

The back of the box identifies the Cars in the boxed set:

The back of the box identifies the Cars in the boxed set:
    Here are the UPCs for the 2 new boxed sets:

Here are the UPCs for the 2 new boxed sets - the Thunder Hollow 5 pack UPC is shown on top:

These 2 new 5 packs were $19.97 each plus sales tax at the Walmart store I found them at.

I love the detail on T-Bone... great artwork showing road signs, including US Route 45, which runs 1300 miles from Lake Superior to the Gulf of Mexico, going from Michigan to Mobile, Alabama:

Here is Fishtail:
    APB is a police Car:

APB is a police Car:
    Lightning McQueen as Chester Whipplefilter is a variant, as pointed out by GotFrank... it's more of a matte finish paint than the version in the 2 pack and single:

Lightning McQueen as Chester Whipplefilter is a variant, as pointed out by GotFrank... it's more of a matte finish paint than the version in the 2 pack and single:

Cruz Ramirez as Frances Beltline appears to be like the previously released single:

A 5 pack with 3 first release Cars and a variant is something we don't see often when it comes to boxed sets... Mattel did a nice job with the Thunder Hollow 5 pack.

While there is only 1 new Cars in the Race for the Piston Cup 5 pack, First Look Piston Cup Racer Lane Locke, I had not opened any of the Cars in this 5 pack yet so I bought it... I intend to give my 4 year old grandson a Chick Hicks/Natalie Certain 2 pack, a Murray Clutchburn single, and a Ponchy Wipeout single...

I liked my first look at Lane Locke.

I need to order a Carney Plastics display case for Cars 3 Cars.

Thanks for reading... as always, I appreciate your comments.

Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom
Working...
X