Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missing 2017 Cars (Pre Cars 3), Found?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing 2017 Cars (Pre Cars 3), Found?????

When the Cars 3 Diecast's started being released, we didn't see the rest of the 2017 collection and numbers were missing from each individual collection, now it appears that some are showing up at TK Maxx stores in the UK. I haven't found any completely new models yet but have been finding some 2017 carded singles that I haven't seen any carded photos of before.

IMG_4927.jpg

IMG_4931.jpg

IMG_4966.jpg

IMG_4967.jpg

The Mattel and 3+ logo on the bottom left of the card is much larger on these newer 2017 singles than the ones we found earlier on in the year.

TK Maxx doesn't get cases of cars but only gets a few randomly at each store so there could be many more out there, has anybody else been finding these?, also does anybody have a list of the cars that never got released into the 2017 collection that should have done?

With 2018 around the corner I doubt we'll be seeing any other stores stock these cars.

I'm visiting a few more stores tomorrow so I'll see what I can find, if anybody needs any of these message me and ill see if I can get hold of any more.

Here is What I have found so far:

Bruno Motoreau
    IMG_4983.jpg

Coriander Widetrack
    IMG_5005.jpg

Kori Turbowitz
    IMG_5015.jpg

Denise Beam
    IMG_5017.jpg

Comment

Andrea
      IMG_5020.jpg

M.A. Brake Drumm
      IMG_5028.jpg

Comment

Hope we can also find the missing 4 from the Piston Cup Pit Crew series, and Todd Marcus (10/11?) in the Piston Cup series.

Comment

BTW, what are the numbers on the four singles you found and the last two?

Comment

Nice finds, rossibutton.

We missed a few Cars in the US as well, this year and every year... Mattel has always put too many pegwarmers early on in cases for the year and then we either get end of year cases with lots of new Cars (2012 case P, 2017 cases L/T, etc) or we don't see all announced Cars released.

This year it looks like the Deluxe case with Stu (flatbed truck), variant Al Off Lightyear Blimp, and Jocko Flocko Mack (cab only) has turned up in Europe but not the US... I have a Stu in transit but chose not to buy the other 2.

TJ Maxx and Marshalls, which are US stores in the TJX family (UK equivalent of TKMaxx) are the same way - a few occasional Cars be it singles, Deluxe, or 2 packs - I've only seen complete cases one time.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
              Nice finds, rossibutton.

We missed a few Cars in the US as well, this year and every year... Mattel has always put too many pegwarmers early on in cases for the year and then we either get end of year cases with lots of new Cars (2012 case P, 2017 cases L/T, etc) or we don't see all announced Cars released.

This year it looks like the Deluxe case with Stu (flatbed truck), variant Al Off Lightyear Blimp, and Jocko Flocko Mack (cab only) has turned up in Europe but not the US... I have a Stu in transit but chose not to buy the other 2.

TJ Maxx and Marshalls, which are US stores in the TJX family (UK equivalent of TKMaxx) are the same way - a few occasional Cars be it singles, Deluxe, or 2 packs - I've only seen complete cases one time.
              A little strange that this post is only viewable in the app. And not on my PC browser.

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
                A little strange that this post is only viewable in the app. And not on my PC browser.

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using Tapatalk
                There are a few strange things going on... I was unable to view this post at home using Chrome on my Windows 10 desktop PC but I can view it fine at work using Firefox on a Windows 10 PC... I haven't tried my Windows 10 laptop at home recently.

I now usually reply first using the Tapatalk App on my iPhone so I can add photos... dang Photobucket.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by rossibutton View Post
                  Andrea
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]4812[/ATTACH]

M.A. Brake Drumm
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]4813[/ATTACH]
                  Like other users, I was having trouble viewing the newest posts!

Anyway, after a lot of hassle I managed to sign up to Tapatalk.

After reading this post, I've visited a few TK Maxx. I've found 13 different cars plus a few RDTRIP singles. It looks like all the cars are from the touted 974E case. They all have recent datestamps on them, so maybe the rest of the case will be found?

The final Cars 3 singles case 965K (overstickered with 966D) has been found in Sainsburys and now ASDA. I'll post the full contents as soon as I confirm all 24 cars in the case!

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Comment

We need to tell the French forum about this...

Comment

Working...
                    X