Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2018 Finds

Quote Originally Posted by boogity View Post
    found me a race to win 4 pack in tescos, 4.50 , cant be bad to that
    Another great score.... now for you to find the Next-Gen Racers 4-pack for that price! Lol

unfortunately one of our local trus is closing, cars are down by 40%, got the racing legends 4 pack today for 8.99, think i,ll take out doc and display river scott in the box instead, should look proper!!

unfortunately one of our local trus is closing, cars are down by 40%, got the racing legends 4 pack today for 8.99, think i,ll take out doc and display river scott in the box instead, should look proper!!
    It was reported on City A.M. today that TRU (UK) was in danger of closing down altogether ...

http://www.cityam.com/280235/toys-r-...-and-3000-jobs

Another great score!

Quote Originally Posted by niftynigel View Post
    It was reported on City A.M. today that TRU (UK) was in danger of closing down altogether ...

http://www.cityam.com/280235/toys-r-...-and-3000-jobs
    I hope it doesn't close, if it does, that would be terrible.

I haven't had much of a chance to have a look around for a few weeks until recenty. That's just as well, as there's nothing new in the UK.

Sainsburys have the 965L case (with Junior Moon, Louise Nash etc). Along with the Toons singles, they are now £6.75 in most of my local stores.

Tesco have got loads more 965H cases (with APB, Jimbo etc). They are £6.50.

Toymaster and The Entertainer have got loads of early US Cars 3 cases (A,B,F and G by the looks of it). They are generally £3.99.

The Entertainer have also got some 'short card' singles, many more than are shown on the World of Cars site. They are £6.00.

ASDA have nothing at all!

Morrisons have the 965L case too at £6.50.

Mattel have stopped supplying TRU with new stocks.

Smyths have tons of Cars 3 McQueens - like a sea of red!

ad to that asda living, spotted a couple of launchers, the 3 pack micros and the micro hauler, there had been a few reductions but nought really left , must have been too late

Quote Originally Posted by niftynigel View Post
    I haven't had much of a chance to have a look around for a few weeks until recenty. That's just as well, as there's nothing new in the UK.

Sainsburys have the 965L case (with Junior Moon, Louise Nash etc). Along with the Toons singles, they are now £6.75 in most of my local stores.

Tesco have got loads more 965H cases (with APB, Jimbo etc). They are £6.50.

Toymaster and The Entertainer have got loads of early US Cars 3 cases (A,B,F and G by the looks of it). They are generally £3.99.

The Entertainer have also got some 'short card' singles, many more than are shown on the World of Cars site. They are £6.00.

ASDA have nothing at all!

Morrisons have the 965L case too at £6.50.

Mattel have stopped supplying TRU with new stocks.

Smyths have tons of Cars 3 McQueens - like a sea of red!
    Hey Nigel, how’s things?

Interesting to read your comment about TRU not getting new stocks from Mattel. I mention it because I was in a store this week and the guy who passed me with a full trolley of stock had 3 boxes of the ‘best of Carstoons’ with Dr Mater, nurse GTO and a bunch of others, 10 per case.

Cheers

I have seen the 965L case in 3 out of 7 Sainsbury’s visited this week. Cars 3 launchers in Asda & Sainsbury’s. Mini racer 3 packs also in the same store. Not much else to report sadly folks.

Quote Originally Posted by VANDANCE View Post
    Hey Nigel, how’s things?

Interesting to read your comment about TRU not getting new stocks from Mattel. I mention it because I was in a store this week and the guy who passed me with a full trolley of stock had 3 boxes of the ‘best of Carstoons’ with Dr Mater, nurse GTO and a bunch of others, 10 per case.

Cheers
    Not that anyone else in the UK is getting anything new, those Toons are what TRU has had for sometime. TRU are just emptying the warehouses as things look pretty bleak at the moment. It's a real shame, just another reflection in the changing face of retail. As the Amazon empire grows (and they move into new markets) there will be more retail casualties. Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned, but you can't beat a good browse in a shop - record stores are my obsession. I can spend hours in record shops, even HMV! HMV at least has the record companies and distributors on it's side, so it'll survive for a few more years (until downloads and streaming make physical media obsolete)!