Recent Finds - 2018/19/20/21/22/23/24 Store Finds and Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
    Nice find on the Brian Spark launcher, SamB2003 - congratulations!
    Thanks chris

Comment

Saw the Radiator Springs Grand Prix 5-pack (w/Tom Tach) for $35 at Toys 'R' Us today ($15 off, it's usually $50) so I might go back and get it in a few days. However I did pick up the accurate stop sign Miss Fritter variant from Target today (and for those of you who are wondering, yes, I do have the original inaccurate version).

Comment

Nice finds, Aussie McQueen... the Tom Tach 5 pack was canceled by Toys R US in the US... I got one from a friend in the UK... and then got another one (to open) from a friend who found one at a Ross store... it's interesting to see that Toys R US is getting that 5 pack in other countries.

I'm not surprised that you have both Miss Fritter variants... I said I wasn't going to buy the correct one but I did when I saw it... I let my 4 year old grandson open the original one to play with... I'll eventually open the correct one for display... I still have only opened less than 10 Cars 3 Cars... I need more display cases.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

FYI there are three Miss Fritter variants now. Bad sign, corrected sign and a matte finish paint with corrected sign.

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
            FYI there are three Miss Fritter variants now. Bad sign, corrected sign and a matte finish paint with corrected sign.
            Mine is the corrected sign version, josh.

Comment

Sign variant

Mine is the corrected sign version, josh.

Comment

Sorry for the double comment, it was a glitch.

Comment

I believe mine is the 2nd one, the corrected sign version, also w/grey splotches on the stop sign which is definitely part of the diecast. I will post a pic later.

Comment

Nice finds, Aussie McQueen... the Tom Tach 5 pack was canceled by Toys R US in the US... I got one from a friend in the UK... and then got another one (to open) from a friend who found one at a Ross store... it's interesting to see that Toys R US is getting that 5 pack in other countries.

I'm not surprised that you have both Miss Fritter variants... I said I wasn't going to buy the correct one but I did when I saw it... I let my 4 year old grandson open the original one to play with... I'll eventually open the correct one for display... I still have only opened less than 10 Cars 3 Cars... I need more display cases.
                    Thanks, cac1959! I am still keeping the inaccurate version, as well as the accurate version.

Comment

3 Miss Fritter variants... I am not going to go out of my way to collect them all... the matte finish makes sense to me since they are Demo Derby Cars and shouldn't have shiny paint... I want new Cars, Mattel, not variants of Cars I already have.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

3 Miss Fritter variants... I am not going to go out of my way to collect them all... the matte finish makes sense to me since they are Demo Derby Cars and shouldn't have shiny paint... I want new Cars, Mattel, not variants of Cars I already have.
                        Don't worry lol, 2018 will hopefully be very friendly to us in terms of new Cars... I will only be getting the Miss Fritter with 2 different stop signs.

Comment

Tonight’s Walmart find... almost makes up for coming up empty at 5 Walmart, 2 Meijer, 1 Target, and 1 Kroger Marketplace on Monday.

I haven't opened any of these 5 Cars yet... not sure how many more Bobby Swift or Chick Hicks with headset I need... not sure if I can get the headset off Chick and use it to create a custom announcer or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tonight’s Walmart find... almost makes up for coming up empty at 5 Walmart, 2 Meijer, 1 Target, and 1 Kroger Marketplace on Monday.

I haven't opened any of these 5 Cars yet... not sure how many more Bobby Swift or Chick Hicks with headset I need... not sure if I can get the headset off Chick and use it to create a custom announcer or not.

Nice score.
                            Last edited by SamB2003; 05-14-2018, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Great score, cac1959!

Comment

Decided to make a Cars hunting trip in southwestern Ohio yesterday... went to 5 Walmart, 4 Meijer, 4 Target, 1 Toys R US... Target and TRU were a waste of time... no new singles, Deluxe, or 2 packs anywhere.

My highlight was totally unexpected at the last Walmart on my way home... Steve Carski - identical packaging to one I got from my friend in Canada toyfountain:
                                P3.jpg

4 of the 5 Walmart stores had 5 packs including the newest one with Next Generation Bumper Save... international packaging on 3 of them.
                                P1.jpg

Only 1 Walmart store had any of the Movie Moments singles besides McQueen as Chester Whipplefilter - the other stores each had over 20 McQueen as Chester:
                                P4.jpg

I found these Precision Series Flo and Fillmore at a Meijer:
                                p5.jpg

I did not buy these - one Target did have pegwarmers from the first 2018 Deluxe case... we don't need more Deluxe Cars 3 Mack.
                                p6.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X