Where are the 2018 Cars?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the 2018 Cars?

Today is February 16, 2018... Normally the Mattel year runs from November of the previous year through October of the year... so I thought we'd see 2018 Cars starting in November 2017... as of today the only 2018 Cars I've seen are the new launchers which I have seen at 2 Walmart stores, the 5 pack with Next Gen Bumper Save which I've seen at several Walmart stores, Steve Carski which I've seen at 1 Walmart store, and Deluxe Mack which I've seen at 1 Target store.

Where are the 2018 Cars? I've seen no singles and no 2 packs.

I did order and receive 2018 Singles Case B from Get Me Collectibles... it has several new Cars as shown in the next picture:

2018cars

Here is the outside of the box:
    2018cars

Here are the 2 new launchers at a Walmart - I have not bought the Lightning McQueen:
    2018cars

Here is Steve Carski at another Walmart:
    2018cars

This photo shows the launchers, the Walmart 5 packs, and Steve Carski:
    2018cars

(Note: the Lane Locke 5 pack is on the 2017 Cars 3 cardback... the other 5 packs are the 2018 Cars cardback)

Which 2018 Cars have you seen in stores?

EDIT: I finally figured out how to embed a picture from my flickr account... I can see my pictures... please let me know if you can see my photos.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Only the launchers that I've seen so far.
    Last edited by SamB2003; 02-17-2018, 03:18 AM.

Comment

I've only seen the launchers as well, however, I have seen the 2018 Revvin' Action Rust-eze Lightning McQueen and Rust-eze Cruz Ramirez (both on the 2018 background).

Comment

Here are my most recent eBay purchases... the Scavenger Hunt Metallic Bobby Swift was purchased by the seller at a Target store and the Gabriel/Aiden 2 pack was purchased by a seller at a Walmart store... no sign of them within 100 miles of me at this time so I bought on eBay.

This photo here will display here but not in Recent Finds:

eBay

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I now have seen 2018 singles at 1 Walmart store... Mater, Cars 3 McQueen, and Guido/Luigi were the only ones... and at a Kroger Marketplace store I did see both Miss Fritter and Mack on 2018 cardback.

Amazon just added 2 2018 singles at very high prices even though they are sold by Amazon and not 3rd party sellers.

Comment

I love the purple car on the right. It's my favorite color. I guess I'm going to look for it on Ebay as I've not seen it in any retail stores I frequent.

Comment

As of May 8, 2018, I have seen:

2018 2 packs at 1 Meijer store and a few at a couple of Target stores.
              2018 singles remnants at 1 Walmart, 1 Target, and 1 Toys R US store
              2018 Deluxe remnants and poor cases (no Sgt Highgear case) at 3 Target, 2 Walmart, and 1 Kroger Marketplace stores.

Selection has been so poor that I haven't even gone Cars shopping the last 2 weekends when I've had time to go out of town on a Cars hunting trip.

And we still have no sign of the 2018 Cars poster on the Mattel website... and Amazon has had very few 2018 Cars for sale - those they've had have been 2 to 4 times retail price.

Comment

Yeah, I’m still waiting for the 2018 website and poster, and yet for the cars in my area to appear.

Comment

It's the dreaded mid-year lull... Blarg!

Comment

I found some 2018 singles at a Walmart store in SW Ohio today (May 19)...

I also found a few different 2018 singles that I did not purchase at a Walgreens store.

But still, we are over halfway through the 2018 Mattel year - where are the new 2018 Cars?

Comment

Working...
                    X