• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next Cars2 Oversize case - Case R

According to a new article on TakeFiveADay:

http://www.takefiveaday.com/2012/01/...case-you-want/

The next Cars2 Deluxe case has been announced... 2 each of

Dragster Mater (the yellow drag racing Mater)
    The Queen
    Kimura Kaizon (Sumo Ref)

No Submarine Finn McMissile... no repeats... 2 each of 3 new Deluxe Cars...

As the title of Met's article says, this is definitely an oversized case that I want... here's hoping it's out fairly soon and widely available... I can see myself ordering this case...if that is indeed the actual contents, it's great news.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

That's more like it Mattel

Great news like this is what could really re-ignite this line...

Comment

Updated information: 1/17/12

Looks like wrong information concerning Cars2 oversize cases was released... not that that's a surprise...

Next case:
      2 The Queen
      1 Mugsy Liftsome (forklift)
      1 Pope
      1 Kingpin Nobunaga
      1 Hydrofoil Finn McMissile

The case announced a few days earlier is supposedly still coming, but it's a few months away. 3 out of 6 repeats... if they'd put 2 each of 2 new ones in a case I could see splitting a case with friends... as it is, I may have to resort to eBay to get The Queen.

Mattel also announced new 3 packs... again, 1 new Car and 2 pegwarmer repeats... Mugsy with Grem and Professor Z... Dragster Mater with Holley and Finn... Taia with Mater and McQueen... I have only seen the newest 3 pack with Kingpin, Mater, and McQueen at Kohl's stores (6 per store and I've seen them at every Kohl's store I stopped at in Indianapolis and Dayton)... At $22.99 retail, those are an easy pass for 3 Cars that I already have... with 30 to 40% off they're still too expensive... This time around I'm collecting Cars not packaging...

If the Dragster Mater and Taia 3 packs come out before the Deluxe and I can find them, I might purchase them to get the new Car and pass on the Deluxe cases when they come out... Sigh...

Should have known that Mattel wasn't going to get their distribution act together in 2012...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

That's still a nice case collection...

Thanks for the update Chris, do you know what the case number is so I can update the matrix?

Comment

I don't know the case number, Jon... as soon as I learn I'll pass it along.

Comment

Update...

According to a new post on TakeFiveADay, the 3 New Oversize Cars2 Cars, The Queen, Funny Car Mater, and Kimura Kaizo, are widely available in Australia...They've also been spotted in Singapore.

Hopefully we'll see them soon.

I'm going to contact a couple friends that I've traded with in both countries to find out pricing details.

I've heard from a friend in Singapore... the Deluxe Cars are $24.90 GSD (Singapore dollars) each which is $19.84 each in US dollars at today's exchange rates... and 12.50 GBP
            Last edited by cac1959; 02-24-2012, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Bumping this back to the top... It appears that once again the Deluxe case we mentioned on January 13, 2012 is back on - it's been assigned the letter R...

3 Funny Car Mater

2 Kimura Kaizo

1 The Queen

I have one of each that I received in early May from a friend in Singapore... I have another Mater and The Queen in transit

When will the case be available to order? I'll ask around... When will we find it in stores? Tune in later...

Comment

Now out in the US: 7/18/12

I received an e-mail from a friend last night... Online Mattel US resellers are now receiving this new Deluxe case with Funny Car Mater, Kimura, and The Queen... we should be hearing something soon from JMDL Toys.

Chris

Comment

JMDL Toys has just received Oversized case R; it is currently in stock... check it out in The Retailer's Showroom...

Comment

Decided to split this case with a local collector. Our stores are still drowning in Sub Finns and I don't see a lot of stores around here ordering these. Since I already have the DS Queen, I'm getting an extra Funnycar Mater to trade!

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Case R.......check!!

I am a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

This morning I finally got a chance to open the case R that I received from JMDL earlier this week... Here are some photos:

I opened the case... 0862 AZ is the factory code:

Let's look inside:

They actually put in a small piece of cardboard to protect the 2 middle Cars (Queen and Funny Car Mater)... that was nice.

Funny Car Mater:

The Queen:

Kimura Kaizo:

All 3:

The Queen cardback - Notice how Hydrofoil Finn is featured in the upper right corner:

The cardback for Funny Car Mater and Kimura is the same:

Remember after a while that during the Deluxe (Mega) size period for Cars Mattel stopped putting pictures of the Semis (cabs) on the back of the cardback? Perhaps they did the same thing and that's why they held up case R for so long - maybe they had to redo cardbacks to not include Finn McMissile... It's just a thought... These oversize Cars turned up in Singapore in January 2012... it took almost 7 months for them to reach the US.

I traded for 2 sets from friends in Asia because I feared it could be just like Chuck Choke Cables, El Materdor, Brian Parks Motors - overseas releases that never turned up in the US... but now they're available at JMDL Toys with more cases to arrive soon.

Will they turn up in stores? If so, when?

I'll try to take some comparison photos with the ones I got from overseas.

Comment

Can't wait to get them!!!

I am a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

they are so sweet,cheers for posting your pics cac1959

Comment

Nice cars and neat discovery on the cardback. I guess with Finn, they're thinking out of sight, out of mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X