Respect the Classics: Lizzie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respect the Classics: Lizzie

One of the most beloved characters in Cars is Lizzie... whether it's the fact that it's based on an old Ford car, whether her character reminds many of us of a grandmother, or whether we liked what she had for sale in her Curio Shop, Lizzie has been a favorite Car for many collectors... She was married to Stanley but was never packaged with Stanley (Red was)... she's always been a hard Car to find because she usually wasn't released in multiple cases... Lizzie also has a small role in Cars2... In this article, we'll take a look at one Car... Lizzie.

Desert Back Lizzie

Lizzie made her first appearance as a Desert Back single... she was first released as a Desert Back 12 (1 of 12 characters), and then released as a Desert Back 16 (1 of 16 characters)... Here are photos:

Desert Back 16 cardback:

Desert Back 12 cardback (pictured with DB12 Sarge)

Supercharged Lizzie

Lizzie was next released in the Supercharged (SC) series... She was released as a single and also in multiple boxed sets... I found SC Lizzie several times in stores and helped UK friends purchase it for $10 plus tax at the local flea market last year.

SC Single:

SC Lizzie single cardback: (Note the J-hook attached to the cardback)

I always liked the Supercharged series cardbacks - it was very useful to see pictures of the Cars in the series along with their names.

Lizzie was also part of the Radiator Springs Gift Pack with Sheriff, Doc Hudson, Mater, and Sally:

I won this box set during an auction for Nathan's Playroom... Last spring Toys R Us had it listed for sale on their US website, but they shipped the Radiator Springs Chase 5 pack with the Sheriff and the 4 Tunerz.

Lizzie is also part of the Meet at Flo's Supercharged 7 pack with Sally, Radiator Springs McQueen, Gold Ramone, Flo, Doc, and Sheriff... I don't have this boxed set in my collection... I bid on one on eBay this week, but it sold for $96.83 plus shipping... I hope to add this to my collection someday, even though I already have all the Cars in this boxed set.

World of Cars Lizzie

Lizzie was only released in 1 case in the World of Cars (WOC) series... she was only in a case W that was only found at Walmart and only in select Walmart stores... I found Lizzie in only 2 of 8 Walmart stores and bought everyone I saw... I traded many of them at cost to friends...

Here's a picture of the WOC Lizzie single:

WOC Lizzie cardback:

I'll see if I have a photo showing the cardback and if I find it I will add it... or I'll take a new photo and add it... I believe Lizzie was available as a WOC single on International cardback but I don't have one... if one of my friends can provide me with a photo, I'll add one to the article.

Lizzie's Curio Shop playset was also released at Toys R Us Exclusive on WOC cardback... I was fortunate enough to buy one... It never made sense to me that Mater was featured on the playset box, but then a lot of things Mattel does with Cars releases don't make sense to me... Anyway, here are photos:

The Radiator Springs Curio Shop does light up when you insert batteries and turn it on... Unlike the Cars2 playsets, the 4 Toys R Us playsets were all very nice and well worth the retail price.

Mini adventures

Lizzie was released in a couple of different different Mini Adventures 2 packs... I have one:

I never really got into the Minis... I usually bought them when I couldn't find any other new Cars... I don't have all of them.

In Conclusion

Lizzie single turned into a custom Christmas ornament, broken single Lizzie, and Mini Lizzie:

Lizzie was never released after the WOC series... there was no Race O Rama (ROR) Lizzie, and while we'd hoped we'd see Lizzie in the Target Final Lap (FL) series, it never happened... the first several Final Lap cases came with 24 Cars with usually 8 to 12 new Cars per case and very common repeats (Lightning McQueen, Ramone, Fillmore, Chick Hicks, The King)... the last few Final Lap cases came with just 12 Cars per case and all of them were new Cars.

Every so often you can find Lizzie as a loose Car from sellers from Asia... if you ever find one at a yard sale or at a flea market, I encourage you to pick one up, because she's a very hard Car to find... Hopefully they'll release a Cars2 Lizzie - there are many collectors who'd like to add Lizzie to their collection.

Thanks for reading... your comments are appreciated.
    Last edited by cac1959; 01-15-2012, 12:43 AM.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Hey, Doc, there's someone who looks just like you on the radio!

Thanks for the article Chris, very nice!

Comment

Great read Chris...

I was surprised that Lizzie wasn't released as either a Final Lap car nor a Lenticular

Thanks for the good read (and also my Lizzie....)

I'll keepign her carded for a while longer - I will open her, but just not yet...!!!

Comment

Bought a loose Lizzie off ebay a few months after my son and I started collecting them. She was the only one out of the Radiator Springs gang that we didn't have after they released the lenty 3 pack with Red, Sally, and wet McQueen. Got a Supercharged one on card in a trade that I keep in reserve just in case my kids break our Lizzie. She doesn't look like she can take very much abuse. Now she lives in a big plastic display case, but she didn't get played with very much anyway. I still need to get a Curio Shop one of these days...

signature courtesy of BomBom77
        http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I love Lizzie but I didn't have one.

Comment

Working...
          X