cars in launchers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cars in launchers

hello - i have just started collecting cars diecasts and have what could be a slightly stupid question

my first target is the full 36 set of piston cup racers (with the final one a custom apple mac car) but i am wondering if the models in the launcher sets are identical to the ones in the usual packs?

hi there yuffie
    firstly not all the racers have been released as launchers and secondly i know of one different and unique launcher which is lightning mcqueen's from cars 2.he has a different expression and looks as if his tongue is sticking out a little,shu todoroki can also be found as a variant with a white front bumper instead of a black one.as for others it's something that i could'nt tell but i'm quite sure others will help you find you're answer.

Comment

As far as I know, the Piston Cup Race Car singles were the same as the ones released in the launchers. The launchers all had plastic tires. All except the Apple Car have been released as singles with rubber tires.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
      http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

thanks - i am trying to get all 36 by whatever means is the cheapest!

single packs, multi packs, boxes, loose or launcher and ideally with the plastic wheels (although i thought tach o mint only came with rubber tires outside of the speedway of the south boxset?) as i plan to display them so will open them all - so as long as the launchers are the same models i may get some like that

Comment

Welcome, yuffie... You've asked a great question about launchers...

From the first Cars movie, 19 of the 36 racers were released as "Pit Row Race-off Launchers"... a few other Cars were released as Lightyear Launchers... From Cars2, 8 of the World Grand Prix Cars have been released as launchers.

There are not many differences between Cars released as launchers and those released in other formats... later releases of Cars, regardless of the format, are lighter as the factory went with more plastic and less metal.

I have a couple of different Apple customs - my most recent one was made by the eBay seller Shopluckey... it's a great custom.

My next article will be about launchers... I'll include photos of loose as well carded launchers... I hope to post it next weekend.

Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

that's good to hear about shopluckey's custom apple car as that's the one i have been watching on ebay!

looking forward to the launcher article

Comment

Originally posted by yuffie View Post
              that's good to hear about shopluckey's custom apple car as that's the one i have been watching on ebay!

looking forward to the launcher article
              yuffie - the launchers article has been posted... also, I'll add some photos of my Apple Cars items to my collections thread sometime this week.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Chris, could you do an article on Apple? That would be great!

Comment

Getting back on the subject of Cars-in-launchers, millimoo and MarknotaMack have mentioned some very good comments about launchers in Recent Finds... I could not get the posts to copy, so I did the copy and paste by hand.

"Always found the launchers a bit ...............Rubbish, elastic band falls off & too plasticy, also expensive here in the UK, I'd sooner spend the pennies on a new different car, if there is such a thing! "

"Yeah me too. I think I have maybe 2 launchers from the first film and none from the second. The cars launchers were £10 and the cars 2 ones are £12. Too pricey for me here in the UK. You only need to go to Debenhams and you still see Race O rama launchers. No one is willing to pay such a high price for an elastic band, a piece of cheap plastic and a car you already have.
                  I think if they were even double the price of a single car collectors would still be put off. "

As I mentioned in my recent article, http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...sics-Launchers...

I have all 19 of the released Pit Race-off launchers from Cars opened and on display... I just sent 17 extra launchers in the mail to a friend who is going to make me custom launchers of the missing 17... they look nice on display... but the rubber bands to have a tendency to break... for launching purposes, the Lightyear Launchers tend to hold up better in my opinion... I have 2 of each of the 8 Cars2 launchers, intend to open 1 of each and keep one of each carded for the time being, but we don't play with the Cars2 launchers.

I agree that the price of the launchers is too high... Cars2 launchers are now $11.99 to $12.99 at most stores in the US; Cars launchers were $7.99 at one time... Like most Cars toys, the UK price in pounds is what the US price was in dollars - not the currency conversion... Cars launchers are/were £10 (were $10 in the US) and the cars 2 ones are £12 ($12 in the US)... by the time the currency conversion is made, you're paying almost $19 for what we pay $12 for... that's not right... it is often cheaper for UK and other European members to get Cars from someone in the US and pay for international postage.

It's too bad we can't get the accessories (launchers, Piston Cup trophies, etc.) without buying the Car... I've lost track of how many McQueen and Chick Hicks I've bought over the years.

I bought Lightyear Launchers only if I needed the Car (Gask-its, Sidewall Shine) for one of my "Poor Man's" Speedway of the South sets.

By the way, if Debenhams has Mood Springs and Easy Idle Pit Race-off launchers from Race-O-Rama case C, those are (were) harder to find in the US... Mood Springs especially... that was the only release of Mood Springs with plastic tires outside of the Speedway of the South set.

Comment

Working...
                  X