Spotlight on ......... djjd21

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotlight on ......... djjd21

It's been a while since we've done these and we have a few new members who've started to post a little recently so thought I'd start then again.

Next up is djjd21...

2. Where are you from / where do you live now?
    I live in a little village called Garnant in South West Wales here in the UK,and have lived here all my life and will probably never go.

3. When did you start collecting Cars?
    Ever since the first release of them back in 2006 but certainly not to the extent of what i do now which has been since June/July 2011.

4. Why did you start collecting Cars?
    Initially they were for my eldest son Rhys,who was born in Dec 04,we already new then that there was going to be a disney pixar film all about cars to be released shortly and loved previous films like finding nemo,monsters inc.toy story etc. and being a cars fanatic myself it just seemed to fit the bill and has been an evolutionary process during the course of the time.

5. How many cars (roughly) do have currently have?
    individual models don't really amass to that much, probably only just over a 120,carded and boxed a different matter.maybe as much as 400 cars total.

6. Which diecast car is your favourite (only one allowed)?
    in my own collection i think it has to be the blue ransburg finn mcmissile,a truly stunning colour,excellent casting(albeit it a pegwarmer),great movie character too, however there are lots of models i have'nt seen in the flesh and this could change very quickly.

7. Which car (from the movie) is your favourite, and why?
    As there are 2 movies i'm guessing i need 2 answers cars 1 - lightning mcqueen,he's the car which we all fell for in every conceivable way. cars 2 - mater,he is the centre of attention and undeniably continues the theme of the tall tales series although on a grander scale.

8. What has been your best ever find?
    you guys at the 2 forums i've joined,a sort of loving wife(if she only saw this),cars wise i think in store it has to be some 30 cards from the race o rama series and pc nights series in argos when they were at £1.79 each and buy 2 get 1 free the same time.

9. What car(s) do you currently own?
    my wife has a honda jazz and i own a vauxhall astravan sportive se

10. What is your dream car?
    the car i'm saving for,a new nissan gt-r.i sold my mitsubishi evo 8 fq 320 about 4 years ago and have been saving since for the new gt-r.one day

11. What do you do for a day job?
    i'm a director of my own electrical firm.

12. Other than Cars Collecting, do you have any hobbies?
    i own and maintain a 3 ton coral reef marine fish tank and have been for about 9 years,collect lego technic,play lots of computer games and collect retro consoles,rugby,football,tennis,dj-ing,listening to hi-end hi-fi equipment and have recently been asked to go back to play a cornet in a local brass band which i have not done for a few years now,building lego with my 2 sons,playing cars with my 2 sons,playing with the wife(oops don't know if i should have put that in),and she's last again.

13. What is your greatest ever achievement?
    getting married (hooray she's first),my two boys,building my home,being who i am today.

14. What is your favourite ever TV show and favourite ever movie?
    my fave tv show has to be dungeons and dragons,the children's cartoon fom the 80's.favourite film(this is going to be very hard)is the lord of the rings trilogy.

15. If you won "Who want's to be a millionnaire", what would you do with the money?
    help out family and friends first then whatever's left just enjoy. a million is'nt that much money in reality when you want extravagant things.

Any further questions or comments for djjd21, post away...
    Last edited by MrBrownstone; 10-08-2012, 03:24 PM. Reason: Remove Age Question

Dungeons and Dragons....great call. I have them all on DVD

With your large list of hobbies you either don't need sleep or being the director of your own company means you don't have to do any work!!!

Comment

Great to learn more about you, Jason... How large is a 3 ton coral reef fish tank - I know it's 6000 pounds, but I'm curious as to the size dimensions... I'm looking forward to helping you get a new favorite diecast Car but I agree, the Ransburg Finn is a nice looking Car.

Retro game consoles... Great memories for me too... I have had Atari 2600 XL and 800, PS/2, SNES, Xbox, and Sega Genesis and Dreamcast... Any more I've just got the PS/2, PS/3, Xbox 360, and Wii... I need to find a part for the Atari 800... I have some of the older games on newer consoles or for the PC.

I'm going to have to check out this Dungeons and Dragons you two refer to.

And MrB -thanks for bringing back the Spotlight on series.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

@ mr.brownstone - i have loads of 80's cartoons on dvd(ulysses 31,dogtanian,thundercats,transformers,visionairies ,mysterious cities of gold)to name but a few,they certainly don't make them like they used to,and please keep quiet about not working,you may let my secret second life out

@cac1959 - it's this big(took 7 of us to lift this tank,and it's made of 1" thick acrylic,not glass)

dimensions are 8ft x 3ft x 3ft main display,approx 2400 litres,sump tank - 4ft x 3ft x 2ft,refugium tank 2ft x 2ft 2ft.all told some 3000 litres of salt water,300kg of live fijian sand,and about 550kg of live rock from bali and fiji.
        here's a few pics of my most highly prized specimens.

thanks for the comments guys and welcome to my world

Comment

Wow... that's one awesome fish display... I'm not sure of the species holding the drill but my guess is that is you.

You could always add the oil rig from Cars2 to your fish tank... but that's probably best done by Photoshop.

Thanks for sharing your photos.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

that there fish is particularly rare,only ever seen once,comes out only when there is talk of cars,fish,computer games etc.
            oddly you mention the oil rig as i have a second tank in my living room which is only 90 litres of water and have been debating whether to make some structures from lego inside the display,i know the abs plastic lego use is chemically inert,but my worry is the dye/colour of the plastic and whether this would leach into the water of the system.my biggest worry is copper.anything made of a metal which can rust is a big no,no.all steels must be either titanium or at the very least marine grade 318 stainless steel.copper will kill most things in my system.

Comment

I have Dogtanian, Ulysses 31 and some Transformers stuff also. I'm a big fan of the 80's stuff.. Optimus Prime was my childhood hero (after Gary Lineker) - I must have watched the Movie hundreds of times and (dare I say it) is my favourite movie ever!!! Seeint the new Transformers cartoon really hurts me.

I wanted the Thundercats and Mysterious Cities of Gold stuff, but never got around to getting it. I never really watched Visionaries but loved to watch He-man and Centurions...

You're so right about 80's cartoons...

Comment

That aquarium is freaking amazing. I saw it in your collection thread on CTT but don't remember if I commented. Just really really cool.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBrownstone View Post
                  I have Dogtanian, Ulysses 31 and some Transformers stuff also. I'm a big fan of the 80's stuff.. Optimus Prime was my childhood hero (after Gary Lineker) - I must have watched the Movie hundreds of times and (dare I say it) is my favourite movie ever!!! Seeint the new Transformers cartoon really hurts me.

I wanted the Thundercats and Mysterious Cities of Gold stuff, but never got around to getting it. I never really watched Visionaries but loved to watch He-man and Centurions...

You're so right about 80's cartoons...
                  a man very much like myself (centurions - power x treme)loved it,a few others that i have on cd's somewhere are professor poopsnaggle,herculoids,battle of the planets,marshall bravestarr,jayce and hte wheeled warriors,captain caveman.also have lots of old retro tv shows like children of the stones,dr snuggles,terrahawks,mr.merlin.over the years i have amassed an amazing selection of shows from my childhood that i frequently watch with my 2 boys.

Comment

Originally posted by sodabear View Post
                    That aquarium is freaking amazing. I saw it in your collection thread on CTT but don't remember if I commented. Just really really cool.
                    not on the aquarium,but on my son's wall mural,these are the pics,drawn by a friend in the summer of 2004,some 2 years before the release of the film and probably one of the first ever images of mater at the time.

thank's for both comments both on the aquarium and the wall

Comment

Originally posted by sodabear View Post
                      not on the aquarium,but on my son's wall mural,these are the pics,drawn by a friend in the summer of 2004,some 2 years before the release of the film and probably one of the first ever images of mater at the time.

thank's for both comments both on the aquarium and the wall

Comment

You've got 3 years on me so whilst I remember most of those, I wasn't really in to them.

A programme I remembered but forgot the name of until very recently was pole position...

Comment

yes pole position i recall,be worth you searching for retro tv shows and cartoons you'll be surprised at what you'll remember.i used to look for the title of the show on a website/forum then look for the video on youtube.

Comment

Nice to learn more about you djjd! That aquarium really is amazing, beautiful fish. Tanks for sharing! (ironically that was a legitimate typo!)

Comment

Oh yeah, that was yours! Sooooooo cool. And you're welcome

Comment

Working...
                              X