Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotlight on ......... Bumper Save

Next up int he "spotlight" is one of our younger members...... Bumper Save

2. Where are you from / where do you live now?
    I live in Chalfont, Pennsylvania, a suburb of Philadelphia. We are about an hour’s drive north of the city.

3. When did you start collecting Cars?
    I started collecting Cars in the summer of 2007, when i was 10 years old. It was right between the Supercharged and WOC era if I remember correctly. I started collecting seriously in the summer of 2009 when I found cars from Kmart Day 2.

4. Why did you start collecting Cars?
    Well, my birthday is in July and my grandmother had generously given me a $50 TRU gift card as a gift. I collected the Hot Wheels Monster Jam diecasts at the time (and still do), but they were released infrequently and I had little to spend my money on at TRU. Lo and behold, what were those adjacent to the monster trucks but Disney Pixar Cars diecasts. I remembered seeing a Doc and McQueen at a family friend's house and loved the way the heavy diecast felt in my hand (which is ironic as they are all plastic now). The rest is history.

5. How many cars (roughly) do have currently have?
    273 different cars loose as of now, from both movies, Toons, and Storytellers including Haulers and Deluxe. If that's exact enough for you.

6. Which diecast car is your favourite (only one allowed)?
    You're really going to make me pick one? I think my answer changes every time I pick a favorite. This time I'll go with Blu Ray Ransburg Finn from the Walmart Exclusive (also released at D23).

7. Which car (from the movie) is your favourite, and why?
    I've always liked the Piston Cup racers (who doesn't?) but I have to say it's Mater. He still makes you laugh no matter how many times you've seen the movie.

8. What has been your best ever find?
    It's got to be a ROR Frank that I found at Walmart circa 2008. It was literally the only car there, sitting alone on the peg in the middle, waiting for someone. I had no idea how rare/expensive it was at that time because I was not collecting seriously. If I had known its rarity they might have had to call the EMT's.

9. What car(s) do you currently own?
    Albeit that I'm 14, it's 273 of the greatest cars around. With regard to real cars, it's my dream to have one of those new-old style Dodge Challengers (RTR lives!)

10. What is your dream car?
    Looks like I just answered #10 in #9. Oops. There's always Ferraris and Maseratis too .

11. What do you do for a day job?
    School. With regard to income, most of it is from allowance and selling cars for profit.

12. Other than Cars Collecting, do you have any hobbies?
    I collect the Hot Wheels Monster Jam trucks, and I also play tennis and sing in the school chorus. I also am a contributor to the Super Mario Wiki, however not as actively anymore. I am also a big fan of the heavy metal band Iron Maiden.

13. What is your greatest ever achievement?
    Hmm, that's a deep question. I am proud of my consistantly good grades in school. I also think that the connection's I've made on this site are a great achievment. Who'd have thought at age 14 I would be shipping cars all over the world? Insanity.

14. What is your favourite ever TV show and favourite ever movie?
    On TV, I could watch Mythbusters all day. I also like American Pickers and Ice Road Truckers (waiting for the new season of that one). My favorite movie of all time (excluding Cars/Cars2) has to be Iron Maiden: Flight 666, a documentary that followed Maiden on their world tour in 2008. When I saw that on TV, that is what started my interest in Iron Maiden. I could watch it over and over again like Cars and it would never get old.

15. If you won "Who want's to be a millionnaire", what would you do with the money?
    I would definitely save money for college for me and my sister and help my parents to retire early (they are always joking that whatever I do, it's fine as they can retire early). I would also work on a big Cars diorama and add to my collection. Also I would donate lots of the money to charities as well as my church

Please reply with any comments or further questions...
    Last edited by MrBrownstone; 10-08-2012, 03:24 PM. Reason: Remove Age Question

Very nice to learn more about you, Bumper Save...

My oldest son moved to the northwest side of Philadelphia last August... Haven't been there to visit yet... but that explains why you picked Lehigh in the NCAA bracket.

Sounds like you've got a good head on your shoulders for being 14 years old... I played some tennis when I was in high school and college and coached it for 3 years when I taught at a junior-senior high (grades 7-12)...

Great find on the Frank... I'm also impressed that you know exactly how many loose Cars you have in your collection (you can guess that I don't know how many I have in mine)... and good luck planning on your first Car... I kind of remember those days... I wanted a 68 Mustang... I got to drive a 1968 Ford station wagon.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

It's about time we shined the Spotlight on Bumper Save. I've been way impressed by this kid's sharp posts since the get-go. Actually, for a while I was convinced that he was a grown-arse man masquerading as a kid. Keep it up the good work, kiddo.

Comment

Nicest most genuine 14 year old I know! Nice to know a little more about you!

Comment

A very sensible spend of the million B$ - I've got 19 years on you and my spend wouldn't be that sensible...

Also glad to hear that Mainden are a hit with the youth of today...

Comment

14 and already proving to be a good man.nice to know you a bit better B$.

Comment

Thanks for the nice comments everyone! This has really made my day.

Thanks again to Mr. B. for resurrecting the Spotlight posts.

Comment

wow didnt realise you were that young,,

had the pleasure of buying some cars afew months ago, hassle free

good answers

Comment

So you're a Iron Maiden Fan ... didn't know that ! ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McQueen View Post
                    So you're a Iron Maiden Fan ... didn't know that ! ;-)
                    Up the Irons!

Comment

bout ye bumper save, I too assumed you were an auld fellah, say like....chris

you cant kid a 14 year old can you?

Comment

Good read, I was listening to Iron Maiden's Number of the Beast in a friend's car once.
                        And as I'm cranking it up to eleven the tape deck began to smoke!
                        ROCK ON!!! LOL

Edit: Watching Auction Kings on Netflix. Have you seen this one Spence?
                        I'm hooked.
                        Last edited by GotFrank; 05-05-2012, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X