Motor Speedway of the South (kind of)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor Speedway of the South (kind of)

As some of you are aware I'm doing a star chart award scheme with my son where he gets a new car whenever he fills up his reward chard (usually takes about a week). Now he's got used to it he now picks the car he gets (I put a picture of it on the star chart) when he fills the reward chart. Last time he chose Dexter Hoover (which he got) and for this weeks reward he wanted "Dexter Hoover Platform" - whilst I tried to discourage him from this he wouldn't change his minds (2 year olds are stubborn - like father like son!) so I've knocked this up over the past week.

Next steps will be to add on the fence posts and chain fence (I already have the chain fence - just need the fence posts. I could then add on the supporters stand at a later date.

The quality isn't as good as I'd like, but given it's purpose (to be played with by a 2 yer old) I don't think it really matters as it's life expectancy isn't estimated as being that long.

I was to make this again to a higher quality on a larger scale to create a display model for the complete SOTS set complete with supporters stand and Darrell Cartrip / Bob Cutlass broadcast room (not for play)

Thanks for looking

Very nice, Jon... I need (OK, want) something like that at home...

Like father, like son... I still think that's a good thing in your case...

Thanks for sharing the photos...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

i do something similar for my two boys although what i do is buy an item they have'nt got and show it to them and if they misbehave it goes on ebay.they don't like that because they both understand that we may not get another opportunity to purchase another,although i do keep getting reminded that they have a chick hicks hauler and i have not.
      great incentive as well as the makings of a good diorama.
      many thank's for sharing

Comment

Very cool, Mr. B. I should try something like that, since I haven't been able to give my kids a new (Pixar) car since October. Now I wish I would have rationed them out, but who would've thought that Mattel would take a 7 month (and counting) break from putting out new cars? Certainly not me.

Comment

Nice! Great display piece, have you got the view zeen lenticular racer?

Comment

Nope - I never got Lenticular View Zeen Rippers. I've got him as a rubber tyre racer though. I do have an opened King too, but not sure where he's got to - he's in the hiding place along with Mater and Ferrari F430...

Sodabear - I thought that nothing Mattel could do would surprise me but am appauled that it's taken this long to get new cars (and still waiting)

Comment

Pm me your address again mate I have a loose lenticular View Zeen that needs a home :-)

Comment

wow cool track section (cardboard?

dont actually like the lenticulars personally

Comment

aldo - it's all made from 3mm foam board (except the platform pillar)

I don't mind the lenticulars, but when I begun collecting that's where were were up to so it was Hobson's choice

Comment

Please see the below instructions on how to create the above diarama

I have the images in a PDF document with sized images to print (on A4 paper). If you'd like this, send me a PM with your e-mail address in it

Comment

Great directions, MrBrownstone... I almost think that I could create that following your templates and directions...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

very nice mr B.

Comment

awesome!
                          ...Nice pinstripe Sally...

Comment

That is really cool, Mr. B!

Comment

That's really awesome! I tried to make an attempt at it with cardboard, but it is not as impressive as yours! Great job!
                              Check out my YouTube channel, COOLection TV! https://www.youtube.com/COOLectionTV

Comment

Working...
                              X