No announcement yet.

Disney Pixar Cars: Character Encyclopedia Release June 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just placed an order from the US Amazon site... I like Cars books and Cars... but you probably knew that anyway...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

How exclusive is the McQueen that comes with it?

signature courtesy of BomBom77
      http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjack View Post
        How exclusive is the McQueen that comes with it?
        I believe it's the Metallic Paint Hudson Hornet Piston Cup McQueen - the Cars 1 body with the Piston Cup logo... the Car has not officially been released to retail yet... so from that standpoint, it's an exclusive.

Did I mention that I like the metallic paint Cars? But then you probably already knew that...
        Last edited by cac1959; 06-25-2012, 09:38 PM. Reason: Added photos

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Cool! I would have gotten the book even without the car. Now it sounds even better!

Comment

Ordered!

Comment

Anyone got there's yet?

Comment

Amazon has changed the date to july ??

Comment

my amazon order is showing an estimated dispatch date of today but also shows the book as being out of stock

who'd believe confusion over a release date of a cars related item

Comment

Originally posted by yuffie View Post
                    my amazon order is showing an estimated dispatch date of today but also shows the book as being out of stock

who'd believe confusion over a release date of a cars related item
                    Too funny, yuffie... Sadly, it's to be expected in the world of Cars...

I just logged into my Amazon account and here's the latest:

Delivery Estimate: Monday August 6, 2012 - Thursday August 9, 2012
                    Not yet shipped

Sigh... I may find it in a store before my order ships... not that that's ever happened before with Cars merchandise...

Comment

I will keep an eye out for it. We have a Books A Million next to my Target and I check there for Cars every once in a while.

Comment

i don't know if the US amazon site is the same but if you do a search for Disney Pixar Cars Character Encyclopedia you get two results

1. Disney Pixar Cars Character Encyclopedia by DK (Hardcover - 2 Jul 2012)
                        Buy new: £15.99 £11.10
                        4 new from £8.29 1 used from £9.60
                        Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available
                        Eligible for FREE Super Saver Delivery.
                        Books: See all 2 items

2. Disney Pixar Cars: Character Encyclopedia by DK Publishing (Hardcover - 30 Jul 2012)
                        Buy new: £14.06 £12.70
                        Available for pre-order. This item will be released on 30 July 2012.
                        Pre-order Price Guarantee.
                        See product for more details
                        Eligible for FREE Super Saver Delivery and 1 more promotion Books: See all 2 items

my order is for the 2 july version but it hardly fills you with confidence that even amazon knows what's going on

Comment

received an e-mail this morning from amazon saying it has been delayed with a estimated date of 10-12 july now

Comment

Hi Everyone,

DK have them in-stock at the moment, I bought mine on Monday and I have just had confirmation that the order has been dispatched

If you want one then click on this link

http://www.dk.co.uk/nf/Book/BookDisp..._DK_Publishing

Plus I found a 25% Off code online that works! 123VIP

Enjoy...

Will post picks when hopefully it arrives tomorrow.

Comment

Also if I can help anyone else in other countries that would like to purchase a copy of this then drop me a line...

Comment

straight onto the dk site - order made

then onto amazon to cancel order ... only to find it is now in stock and dispatched - doh!

if can't cancel one will have a spare copy if anyone interested!

Comment

Working...
                                X