This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Wheels

Please post about your Hot Wheels collectibles in this thread...

If it weren't for the Hot Wheels RLC, I wouldn't have a Speedway of the South set and probably wouldn't be the full fledged Cars-a-holic that I am.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Here are my non-Cars collectible vehicles:

Hot Wheels car that came with my RLC membership; I love the purple:

My Hot Wheels Treasure Hunt collection:

Interesting story behind that Treasure Hunt... I was at a Kmart store a few weeks after Kmart 7 day, looking for left over Cars... the girl stocking toys noticed my Otter box case on my iPhone and asked to see it... she told me there were more Cars in the back and that I could follow her back... I got about 15 Cars... she asked if I collected Hot Wheels and handed me the Treasure Hunt... I've never seen one out on the pegs in a store.

Matchbox car transporter (not a Car or Hot Wheel but I thought it was a nice truck):

At one time I had over 100 Hot Wheels cars and loads of Matchbox cars... gave them away when I went away to college... I'd enjoyed playing with them... and I know the neighborhood kids I gave them to enjoyed playing with them as well.

Update: I realize I have a few other non-Cars cars... I'll add photos later.

Here is a photo showing most of my other non-Cars cars:

The 65 Galaxy 500 is just like a car my grandmother gave me my senior year of college... in hindsight, I would have liked to have kept it in a garage and not driven it... the other cars are ones that I liked that I saw in stores and got on clearance...

I also have one more very special car - the Ghostbusters car... I have both the Hot Wheels version and the San Diego Comic Con (SDCC) version... Here's a photo of the SDCC version:

I ain't afraid of no ghosts... but Mattel's Cars distribution and case assortments scare me.
    Last edited by cac1959; 04-27-2012, 09:59 AM. Reason: Added photos

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I've got a 100+ piece collection of the Hot Wheels Monster Jam trucks 2006-present - all loose.

Comment

Love that Ecto-1 ... Sweet !!!

Comment

I love the SDCC Ecto-1, Cac, is it 1:63? I have a few of the hot wheels ones, but that is so much more detailed.

Comment

Ecto-1 and SDCC Ecto-1

Here are photos comparing the SDCC Ecto-1 and the regular Ecto-1:

It does look like it's 1:64 scale to me.

Comment

awesome looking car in the first place,nevermind the sdcc revamp which looks even better

Comment

My first Treasure Hunts find in quite a while.
                Last edited by pirelliboy; 05-04-2012, 07:15 PM.

Comment

nice score pirelliboy,had a good few of them over the last few weeks.
                  here's photos of my collection in all.
                  first off is what i found in the last couple of weeks

next lamborghini's

porsche

aston martin's and ford gt's

various racers and the odd car

movie cars

ferrari's

and finally treasure hunts and one super treasure hunt

Comment

Nice haul there mate.
                    I tend to pick up the cool looking cars, treasure hunts or not.
                    I don't like the new cards that much. Have you found any of the secret treasure hunts or super t hunt$?
                    Would you possibly have a list of them?

Last edited by pirelliboy; 05-05-2012, 04:20 PM.

Comment

nice pics,
                      i have one super t hunt in the picture which is the studebaker avanti,it has rubber tires and different rims to the original t hunt.
                      as for the new secret t hunts,i've had no such luck as of yet,and yes do have a list of them

1.66 ford 427 fairlane (muscle mania - ford 12)
                      2.73 ford falcon xb (muscle mania - ford 12)
                      3.honda s2000 (2012 HW premiere)
                      4.69 dodge coronet super bee (muscle mania mopar 12)
                      5.70 camaro (HW performance 12)
                      6.67 chevelle ss 396 (muscle mania - gm 12)
                      7.71.maverick grabber (HW racing 12)
                      871 dodge challenger (muscle mania - mopar 12)
                      9.67 ford mustang coupe (muscle mania - ford 12)
                      i think that's it as far the secret t hunts.

Comment

Those are some great looking cars...

I love the 67 Mustang... and the 70 Camaro... wonder if I'll ever see them in the Hot Wheels line.

Comment

We collect Monster Jam trucks and Hot Wheels cars also. We have about 9 or 10 different 1:64 Monster Trucks and about 100 Hot Wheels/Matchbox diecasts. KITT and the A-Team Van are our latest ones. Have to collect something when there are no new Pixar Cars anywhere around here.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                          http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I forgot to include my favorite Hot Wheels car... a wonderful gift from Conrad last spring:

I need to find a more prominent place to display this.

Comment

nice eleanor chris

Comment

Working...
                              X