• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My latest finds:

Comment

sweet success pirelliboy,i found the same 2 today

Comment

While waiting for an Indianapolis Toys R Us to open yesterday, I went into the Dollar Tree store and bought some Hot Wheels:

I was particularly glad to see the Acura NSX; Martin Arriola, who designed most of the original Cars diecasts, used that name on TakeFiveADay... I have several Cars items that have been autographed by Martin - I won them during auctions to raise money for Cars Cares (now Nathan's Playroom).

No Treasure Hunts at the closeout store... but I like Mustangs and older Pontiacs... and boogity, here's a Ferrari for you to look at... because you only follow the Ferrari, my friend.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Picked up 2 more Hot Wheels at a Family Dollar store at lunch today:

The custom Chevy looks like it could have been one of the flashback Cars from the first movie... and the Back to the Future Time Machine looks cool.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

nice scores chris,i like and have the delorean in a few guises.

on another note a few weeks ago i purchased a few odd racers as i liked the cars,well last night i was sorting through my hot wheels and come across a particular race car which as i said i had purchased a few weeks ago and had to look twice in amazement as i can't believed i missed it.
            the car in question is the blue honda s2000 pictured here,which turns out to be a secret treasure hunt along with another recent find the convertible camaro and an older super t hunt of the studebaker avanti.

Comment

Woohoo

Comment

nice scores,shame they were'nt the secet t-hunts.
                meanwhile i've been working away from home the last couple of days and managed to get another set of these at TRU in cardiff today.the first set went to a friend and i was lucky in that when i went there today all of the cars were there except 1,the original 66 tv batmobile,but fortunately someone had tried to hide one not too far away and i managed to spot him so got the entire available set.only 1 is missing and that is the crooze batmobile #7/8.

Comment

Takes me back to the days of Batman, when I was young... Nice score, Jason!

So is the Honda S2000 a secret treasure hunt or not? Since I drive a Honda I'd like a Honda... what is a secret treasure hunt? And how can you tell the difference.

I try to know a lot about Cars... don't know much about Hot Wheels.

Comment

yes the honda s2000 is a secret t hunt,but the car has a different paint job,different rims and rubber tires.all the secret t-hunts are alternative variations of the standard models,what makes them secret is the fact that the packaging does'nt say treasure hunt on them as with the regulars.the older super t-hunt's were easier to spot as they not only say treasure hunt on the card the s at the end of the card is converted to a dollar sign $ as shown on the studebaker avanti card below.

what i did not realise is that my own honda has different rims than all the others i've seen,which makes it a secret super duper treasure hunt

Comment

Todays score.

Comment

cripes , where did you get that,
                        unfortunately, in the UK at least, Dan has more news/pr since his death

rip dan

Comment

Thanks Jason, for the information about Hot Wheels Treasure Hunts and secret Treasure Hunts... I'm always grateful when someone shares knowledge with me.

I'm going to stop at a couple stores during my lunch hour and check for the S2000 models that I saw earlier this week.

Awesome Dan Wheldon tribute, pirelliboy... I will have to look for that... and as boogity said, too often we don't hear about people before it's too late.

Life is short - enjoy your time with family and friends.

Comment

fantastic score pirelliboy,that indeed is a secret treasure hunt and one i'm hoping to find, such a tragic loss for his family,but as with most racing driver's if they had to go i think they'd want to go doing what they do best.

R.I.P. Dan.

Comment

I did buy a few more Hot Wheels on Sunday while on a trip to Indianapolis:

I bought them because I liked them... No idea if any of them are secret treasure hunts or anything fancy...

I figure this S2000 is not a Secret Treasure Hunt... I thought the VW was cool.

Comment

nice finds again chris.
                                keep your eyes peeled for any more of the vw beetle as there is a super version of that.the version you seek has white rims like the one in this link.
                                http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOT-WHEELS...item33772e8996.
                                and funnily i was talking to a friend about the 57 chevy last night saying that it was a good looking car.
                                great items once again and i'm sure you'll find a super pretty soon

Comment

Working...
                                X