Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I scored a Treasure Hunts '12 Ford GT at the dollar store today. I don't collect HW but keep my eye out for the green stripe in case any of you need. If anyone is interested, PM me!

Comment

be aware that some of the new release t-hunts have a blue stripe and not green.only 2 that i know of so far has this colour stripe.

Comment

Thanks DJJD I will remember that one

Comment

Todays finds

Comment

Nice scores, pirelliboy... I've looked for both of those... but haven't found them... I may resort to buying the Dan Wheldon set off eBay.

And nice score on the Treasure Hunt, Bumper Save... I missed your post on that the other day.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

super finds (literally) my friend

Comment

Is it me or treasure hunts and $TH even harder to find these days or have they stopped doing them? At my local Asda in slough about 3 months ago I saw 12 unopened cases of single hot wheels cars, I got really excited as it was more than likely 5-6 would have TH in them. Not one case had a TH in it and in the last 6 months I have opened probably 50 cases and only seen 1 TH. Is everyone else finding it hard to find them?

Comment

I have only seen one Treasure Hunt in a store in my life... I keep trying to look for the secret treasure hunts but I'm sure they are all gone by the time I look.

I have heard rumors in the past that people who package cars may remove Chase Cars or Treasure Hunts from Cars and Hot Wheels cases... and 2 year ago, a former online reseller called me to tell me that several of his Cars cases had been opened, apparently at the trucking company - not one case out of 10 came with all the Cars - the Chase Car was gone from every case.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Wow that's really lame of the trucking company to do, that's criminal even.

I have only found that one Ford GT T Hunt in a dollar store, tucked away, never anything remotely rare in a well-trafficked store like WM or Target.

Comment

Here are my latest 2 Hot Wheels that I've purchased:

How could I pass up a blue Porsche?

Comment

nice porsche,need to find one of them myself.
                        i've been away to bristol for the weekend and visited lots of stores,will show pics once i get the chance.

Comment

Looking forward to your photos, Jason... I can look for one of those Porsche for you - I think I've seen it almost every Walmart.

And at the flea market, another vendor/booth has hundreds of old Hot Wheels going back to the mid 1990s... most were either 75 cents or $1.00 each... I have no idea what's there - I'm sure most were pegwarmers/leftovers... any ideas on what I should look for?

Comment

here's a link with a list of all t-hunts since 1995.
                            http://hotwheels.wikia.com/wiki/Treasure_Hunts
                            most,if not all had a green stripe on the card.i think this would be the most tell tale sign of finding any.
                            i'd look for ferrari's,lamborghini's,go-karts,mini's(as in austin littleton crew chief),bugatti veyron,certain supercars and race cars,rally cars myself but that's just me

Comment

I've got my eye out for the Mystery Machine!

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                              http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I've always collected cars I actually like or would like to own, I don't really dig the made up crazy design cars (although my son does)

My favourite car to collect is the E-body Plymouth Barracuda, as I would personally love to own one.
                                I have a few colours now but if anyone spots any I don't have let me know and your make a friend for life lol
                                ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340632597.436785.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X